PDA

View Full Version : Older kids and Little People

Melaine
10-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I am going through all our Little People planning to list it on Craigslist in a huge lot. I had forgotten what a collection we have (it's been in the attic). I'm wondering if I will regret this. We honestly don't have room for it to be out all the time and we have a lot of BIG pieces (castle, farm, house, zoo, carnival, ark, school, plane, bus, boat, cars, people PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE). Hauling out of the attic is not worth the trouble but they want all the pieces every time I do, ykwim?

My kids haven't loved them in the past, but I guess my question is, did anyone's kids really get into LP for the first time past age 3? What do you guys think?

bubbaray
10-26-2009, 07:19 PM
My 5.5yo still plays with them with little sis....

buddyleebaby
10-26-2009, 07:52 PM
My four year old played with them when she was less than and just over two, ignored them for almost two years, and started playing with them again when she turned four.

ETA: I will say that you probably don't need them ALL, though. We have the house, the farm, the zoo, the ark, the nativity, and a couple of smaller sets, and only one is ever out at a time.

Tondi G
10-26-2009, 08:07 PM
My DS is 4.5 and he only had a few things handed down from my older DS. He loves playing with our neighbors LP sets... don't know if it's cause they are just different from what we have at home or what? Chances are if we had them at home he would play for a little bit and then it would all sit (like lots of other toys in our home!).

SnuggleBuggles
10-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Ds still played with them when he was 5.

Beth

Melaine
10-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys. I really wish I had a looking glass into the future. If I knew for sure we'd have more space in a year or 2 I would hang on to them. What I think I will do is list the whole thing at a ridiculously high price on CL and see if anyone bites. If no one does then I may try to keep some and sell a few others. Since they were all used when I bought them I intend to make money on them if I sell.

merianne16
10-26-2009, 08:24 PM
My DS (he'll be 3 in December) is just starting to really get in to his LP now. He basically ignored them for a year but now he'll spend huge chunks of time playing with them.

crl
10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
DS didn't play with them much until he was about 3. He plays with his "kids" all the time now--he's 6. But just the people, not the bus or airplane they came in. . . .

Catherine

let73
10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
DD is almost 4 and has just started to really play with them. They had been sitting in her play room for almost 2 years! One day I just got them out and showed them to her. She loves them now!

Laurel
10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
My 5.5yo still plays with them with little sis....

Yep, my 5.5 year old has probably played with them more in the past year than ever.

mytwosons
10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Ours did get some additional play time after they had been put away for awhile. But, I think you really need to get rid of them so you'll have the room necessary for Playmobil! :wink2:

new_mommy25
10-26-2009, 09:00 PM
My kids never really got into LP, even though *I* loved them. I sold a bunch of pieces on CL awhile back but kept the Noah's Ark for nostalgic purposes (it was a first bday gift for my DS from my Mom) and Sonya Lee's pet salon because it was the newer style and DD enjoys it. I'm really glad I kept the Noah's Ark because I have a niece that just turned one. When she comes over we pull out the Ark and a few other baby toys that I've kept. It's nice to have non-choking hazard toys availiable for her to busy herself with.

Melaine
10-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Ours did get some additional play time after they had been put away for awhile. But, I think you really need to get rid of them so you'll have the room necessary for Playmobil! :wink2:

That's really funny....I was actually thinking about that earlier. The girls have really been playing with their little Safari animals lately and I think they prefer them over the LP animals. I hate to have too many different "sets" of things, ykwim? UGH and I just remembered all the Littlest Pet Shop stuff I have in the closet. Maybe I should sell ALL of it and then start Playmobil!

1964pandora
10-26-2009, 09:02 PM
This is so funny that you asked because my 3 and 5 year-old sons are AT THIS MOMENT playing with a Fisher Price vintage dollhouse with furniture and little people. I just picked it up at a thrift store this week. My sons play with Playmobile, action figures, Thomas trains and the like, but they also play with Fisher Price sets.

Melaine
10-26-2009, 09:03 PM
My kids never really got into LP, even though *I* loved them.

Now this is the issue for me, I think. I had so much fun buying them and was convinced they'd be such a great toy. I got so excited when I found used pieces and even more so when I found two matching items. Yet another situation where I enjoy shopping for the toys more than the kids enjoy playing with them. Which is just SAD.

Ceepa
10-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Yet another situation where I enjoy shopping for the toys more than the kids enjoy playing with them.

This could be a whole thread by itself. I'm thinking of the moms who recently said they'd buy AG dolls for themselves. I know we have a bunch of Lego sets that DH bought because he loves them. When DC1 was a baby I kept buying Peek-A-Blocks because I thought they were fun even though DC didn't agree. :)

Melaine
10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
This could be a whole thread by itself. I'm thinking of the moms who recently said they'd buy AG dolls for themselves. I know we have a bunch of Lego sets that DH bought because he loves them. When DC1 was a baby I kept buying Peek-A-Blocks because I thought they were fun even though DC didn't agree. :)

I am constantly shopping for the child I was 20 year ago. Interestingly, so far DDs seem nothing like me.