PDA

View Full Version : I survived!

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
10-26-2009, 08:22 PM
It's my first day at home without any help. DH is at work, and MIL went home. Baby is 2 weeks, 1 day old.

I'm so proud of myself. I got some banana bread baked (bananas were crying out to be used, all brown). The oven was only on preheat for 3 hours while baby was fussy!

She's now down for a nap, and I got some potstickers made for DS1 and DS2 to eat for dinner.

Whew, I'm done for the day. But quite proud of myself for having survived. One day at a time. One day at a time. It will get easier...

--Jennifer

SkyrMommy
10-26-2009, 08:25 PM
:hug5:

I hope each day goes a little easier and easier... enjoy your banana bread!

LarsMal
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
:bighand:

Good job!! It will get easier...one day at a time!

arivecchi
10-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah mama! Good job! :cheerleader1:

SnuggleBuggles
10-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Great job!!! That first day is a very scary thing and it sounds like you rocked it :)

Beth

alexmommy
10-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Congratulations! :applause: I'm impressed.

My first day solo, my only "accomplishments" were taking a shower, making the bed, and feeding/diapering/clothing DS & myself--and DS was 5 weeks old at that time. :)

elephantmeg
10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
congrats-I remember that feeling with DD too :)

1964pandora
10-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh my gosh, you're doing so well! I think I did nothing more than sit on the couch, holding my first baby for weeks on end. It's such a blur.

mommyp
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Congrats...that is a good first day! It is definitely a one day at a time thing. My first day, I don't think I managed a shower until DH got home, but my big accomplishment was getting some laundry from the washer to the dryer!

maydaymommy
10-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow! You did great! Congrats!

My new one is 5 wks, I've been on my own for 2 wks, plus DH is around at times during the day - and my goal for tomorrow remains: showering and folding laundry.

You're so ahead of the game!

KpbS
10-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I remember those tough days. Sounds like yours was a success. :bighand:

elektra
10-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Impressive! I was a wreck at 2 weeks ppd with a 2yo and a 2 week old! Good job mama!

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
10-26-2009, 11:34 PM
I hope I didn't jinx myself for tomorrow by being proud of what happened today.

Also, if somebody would reassure me that cluster feeding is indeed, normal, and can happen for something like 4 hours straight, that would make me feel better. I have a weight check with the ped in 2 days - hoping that everything continues on path. We just got off the formula supplement, so I'm kind of emotional around the whole eating thing. The weird thing is, I feel like she got used to being overly full from the supplement, and now is not getting that same feeling from my milk....is that crazy?

--Jennifer

alexmommy
10-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes, cluster feeding is normal. They eat when they are hungry--which seems like always. While DS's first days are kind of hazy (lack of sleep, etc) it did seem like he was eating all the time. However, at his 2 week checkup where he was supposed to have regained his birthweight, he did that plus a pound, so it's all good.

Keep up the good work, and sleep when you can. :)