PDA

View Full Version : Swim class with DD!

SkyrMommy
10-26-2009, 09:05 PM
*** UPDATE ***

I ended up waiting & signing up for a class through our local town recreation dept., held at our school (where I teach). Last night was the first night & was sooooo much fun. DD had a blast, and I really enjoyed visiting with other parents & DD laughed & splashed with their little ones.

She had such a good time playing with a little kick board, she would let go of it when we had to get out of the pool!!!

DD & I are going to a 'Shrimp/Kipper' swim class at our local Y. So excited... what should I expect?

They suggest/request a swim diaper with plastic pants. I've checked out Gabby's Pull-Ons, Kushies Swim diapers... are there others out there that I should look at? Also I was thinking of getting a baby wet suit for her... she's long for 6 months, but skinny and even though the water will be warm I don't want her to get chilly.

Once I figure out the DD, I need to think about what mommy will wear :bag

sariana
10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Our swim school requires babies to wear swim diapers purchased on site (though I don't think they enforce this rule). Does your swim school sell swim diapers that might work for you?

ray7694
10-26-2009, 09:19 PM
The best thing I did was take an umbrella stroller so I could get dressed why my ds was contained. The locker room was very slippery.

newg
10-26-2009, 10:08 PM
we used regular swim diapers (pampers/huggies) and a swim suit.....I like the idea of taking the umbrella stroller if going alone...
I wore a tankini suit with a non-low cut neckline because DD tended to cling to me and I didn't want to show off the girls!!

Lands End has great suits for DC's and mammas in the bargains/outlet section!! I've got FS codes if you need one.....

TwinFoxes
10-26-2009, 10:28 PM
All the babies except one of the older (2+) boys wears a wetsuit, but our pool is kind of cold! warmbelly.com I ordered on Monday and got it on Wednesday. It really seemed to help. They fit loose, so I wouldn't order up too much, definitely get one of the ones that velcros in the crotch for quick diaper changes.

We use Huggies splashers + a plastic swim diaper + swimsuit bottom. No accidents, and there was definitely a couple of poops while swimming!

Wear whatever you're comfortable in, at our Y it ranges from skirted tankini to bikini.

Totally agree on the stroller. We need a baby containment device for the twins!

There's a lot of floating for the babies. It's not really a swim class, it's a "get used to the water so when you're three you're not one of those poor kids screaming their heads off" class. :)

BTW, at our Y, the swim diaper etc. is NOT a request, it's a requirement. If a kid poops and it escapes, you have to close the whole pool. And considering there are several classes going on, it would suck for everyone else.