PDA

View Full Version : Bad Haircut!

ha98ed14
10-27-2009, 02:56 AM
Tomorrow is my interview for admission to the program I want. I decided I needed a haircut to look less like a mommy and more like a professional. So I go to a nearby salon where I have been before. Not fancy, but competent. I ask for a bob; I showed her a picture. I got a bob! It looks like someone put a bowl on my head and cut around the edge. It's WAYY shorted than what I wanted. It's not uneven or anything, but seriously, I lost 6 inches of hair. I wanted it short, just not THIS short! Grrrr! The only saving grace is that it will grow, eventually.

KathyN115
10-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Ugh, sorry! I am sure it is not as bad as you think, though! I am currently growing out a "mistake" (I had a layer cut with bangs!!!! what was I thinking??) so I am using lots of headbands and clips. I can't wait until I can put it all in a ponytail again!

Good luck today!!!

Wife_and_mommy
10-27-2009, 08:10 AM
I so hear you. I had my hair cut in *July*. She cut it so short I didn't need another cut until this week. I go in again and she gives me what looked like a mullet..... A couple days out it's not as bad as I thought but I hate feeling like everyone is looking at my bad hair(even though I know they're not).

Hang in there. It will grow out soon enough. :hug:

Cheburashka
10-27-2009, 08:23 AM
I get the same haircut everytime I get mine cut. One time I got a different cut, and the stylist messed it up so badly I started crying in the middle of the salon - I had asked for chin length, and somehow the stylist cut off almost all my hair. It was a boy cut.

:hug: for the bad cut, and good luck with the interview.

MamaMolly
10-27-2009, 10:57 AM
but at least it is even and fresh. You'll look great for your interview. I can't seem to get an even bob to save my life. And what is with cutting the back so much shorter than the front? I look like the blonde in 16 candles who got her hair caught in the door at Jake's party! HATE it. I'm considering just growing everything out so I can put it up but it just takes so long with my hair. And looks like crap in the meantime.

egoldber
10-27-2009, 11:12 AM
A bob with straight hair is actually a hard cut. Super straight hair is fairly intolerant of stylist error. (My hair is VERY straight and I almost always wear some variation of a bob. ;) ) As long as the cut is even, I would try not to worry about it for the interview, even if it is not what you wanted. It stinks to not get the cut you wanted though.

But this is why even when DH was laid off the ONE thing I did not cut back on was my hair stylist. :p

MontrealMum
10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
:hug: a bad haircut, or a haircut you weren't expecting can be so traumatic. I had a horrific experience about 10 years ago now, and even though my present stylist isn't very hip, or terribly good with color, I refuse to change while we live here because I'm terrified of having a bad experience again. Can you take some time to experiment with product, clips and/or the curling iron? Just to see if you can do something to lessen the feeling you have now?

ha98ed14
10-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Can you take some time to experiment with product, clips and/or the curling iron? Just to see if you can do something to lessen the feeling you have now?

I should, but really, I am too d@mn lazy! (How's that for honest?!?) The good news is I slept on it, and it looks much better this morning. Maybe I'm more used to it, or maybe it poofed up a little and had a tad more "volume." (Can't believe I'm using that word wrt my hair...) Yesterday, the stylist blew it out completely straight and flat against me head. This morning, my natural wave is back and bed head never looked so good! :) Still not wonderful, but less self conscious that I felt last night. Thanks for all the hugs!