PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a gift for my son

buddyleebaby
10-27-2009, 11:04 AM
He is 14 months old. I am shopping for Christmas so looking for something for the 18-24 month range.
The problem is that he is the third child. We have a play kitchen, a sand table, a stroller, lots of dolls, lots of balls, trucks, cars, magna-tiles, duplos, little people, puzzles, an aqua-doodle, a bouncy horse, musical instruments, play silks, stackers, sorters.
Can anyone think of anything that maybe a mommy of two girls wouldn't have thought to buy? Or just a toy that your 18 months old loves?

HIU8
10-27-2009, 12:21 PM
There are these blocks (a set of 2) that make sounds when placed together). We got the ones that do truck and train sounds for a friends DS. He loved them at age 2.

maydaymommy
10-27-2009, 01:20 PM
I know you said you have trucks, but what about trains?

It is practically eery how nuts they go for that little blue engine & his friends.

Around 18 months ds started to enjoy visiting train tables & we started acquiring our own.

khalloc
10-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Oho, I am curious about the exact same thing! I have started a list on Amazon for Xmas. My son is 18 months old, but we have a 4 y/o DD and it seems like we have everything already. I was thinking about a train table but is that too much for a 20 month old? Should the train table wait for his 2nd b-day or next Xmas when he will almost be 3?

sariana
10-27-2009, 03:06 PM
What about one of those books that uses his name? I'm sure his sisters don't have that!

He's too young, of course, to really understand the book. But I bet he'd recognize his name when the book is read to him.

Any other personalized item makes a special gift, too. He has enough to play with, right? So he just needs something special to call his own.

kedss
10-27-2009, 03:08 PM
what about a puppet theater with puppets? Maybe your dds would play with them too?

and never too early for trains. :)

buddyleebaby
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. We do have trains, and he does love them. He already plays with them far more than his sisters do. We don't have a table for them though...maybe I will investigate that a bit. He probably would like having them out all the time.