PDA

View Full Version : holiday gift ?..what goes w/ these slippers

cchavez
10-27-2009, 11:29 AM
My bf and her DD (11.5 yrs) love yellow box flip flops so I got these for Xmas gifts. I got my BF the cheetah print ones and her DD the turquoise.....anyway besides the obvious pj's or robe...what else go w/ these slippers? I like to do theme gifts...

http://www.shoemall.com/product/Yellow-Box-Womens-Happy-Slipper-Cheetah-141975/

My budget (total) is around 20.00 for DD and 25.00 or so for bf...Thanks!

elephantmeg
10-27-2009, 12:13 PM
foot cream?

misshollygolightly
10-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Fun pedicure kit or a gift certificate for a pedicure?

SM23Mama21
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I think of slippers as a comfort item... so maybe something else that is comforting. A fun coffee mug and some yummy hot chocolate? A cozy blanket? A back massager?

kedss
10-27-2009, 01:36 PM
maybe some romance novels, if she likes those? Bubble bath?

MamaMolly
10-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I'd hit the drugstore or the $store and see what kind of goodies I could find like a pretty nail file, foot cream, for the daughter maybe sparkly nail stickers, that kind of thing. Top it off with a pretty OPI nail color and a beautiful chocolate goody for mama. Those are super cute slippers. Are they comfy too?

Jen841
10-27-2009, 03:49 PM
I like the foot/pedicure item ideas.

Another idea is my personal favorite, those items you warm in the microwave to make you feel nice and toasty in the winter. Kohls had them buy one get one 1/2 off last year. DH was steeling mine so much I had to buy one for him. We call them Bed Buddies, but there is another name for them now.

The Time Warner deal had great prices on magazines. Are there ones they would enjoy for a year? I love magazines b/c they keep on giving and giving.

Book store gift certificate? A good book, slippers, blanket, magazine, cup of tea (LOVE the Aveda Tea!!!!),... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok, now I want to head up my Bed Buddy and make a cup of Aveda Tea!

cchavez
10-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks ladies....I cannot believe I got them for so cheap!!! I saw them at a fancy boutique this week and thought was perfect gift! I got some for myself too. :)

Indianamom2
10-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Maybe popcorn, hot chocolate, and a gift card to Blockbuster (or buy a good chick flick to watch)?

I like the pedicure themed ideas too...

Christina

Twoboos
10-27-2009, 04:36 PM
In addition to the great ideas already mentioned, what about some fuzzy chenille socks too? ON has some for cheap at the moment:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=46054&mlink=5151,1481375,bigdeals_w&clink=1481375

SkyrMommy
10-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I'd hit the drugstore or the $store and see what kind of goodies I could find like a pretty nail file, foot cream, for the daughter maybe sparkly nail stickers, that kind of thing. Top it off with a pretty OPI nail color and a beautiful chocolate goody for mama. Those are super cute slippers. Are they comfy too?

:yeahthat:

What if you could find polish that would match, and I wonder if they have cheetah print nail stickers? Along with a magazine or fun fact book to read!