PDA

View Full Version : sewing tips needed - turning pillow case into a sleevless shirt

jess_g
10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I need some sewing advice please. I have a long brown pillow case that I want to turn into a sleeveless shirt for part of my sons halloween costume. I am going to cut out a semi circle at the top for the head and cut holes on the sides for the arms. Any advice on what else to do to make the pillow case look more like a sleeveless shirt? He will have a thick plastic belt and pants with fake boots sewen on to go with it. I don't want it to look too plain but I am not sure how to jazz it up. Its going to be a star wars Anakin costume.

Thanks,

Jessica.

new_mommy25
10-27-2009, 12:14 PM
If you don't plan on sewing it, maybe just turn in the edges and iron, and then glue so it looks hemmed? This sounds like a great costume! Please share a picture when you're done.

lowrioh
10-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Maybe get some dark brown wide bias tape and sew or glue it around the edges?
http://www.wrights.com/wrights/products/sewing/pkgtapes/202.htm

jerigirl
10-27-2009, 03:22 PM
If you don't plan on sewing it, maybe just turn in the edges and iron, and then glue so it looks hemmed? This sounds like a great costume! Please share a picture when you're done.

:yeahthat: if you dont want to sew, you could use Stitch Withchery to "glue" the edges over.