PDA

View Full Version : Time for a pregnant mom check in!!!

SnuggleBuggles
10-27-2009, 01:32 PM
It seems like the announcements keep rolling in so I thought it'd be great to check in and see who is expecting!

In looking for questions to ask I did a search for one of the last times I did one of these. You can look back and see what you were thinking in Feb. 2008...and see how much things have changed since then!! :)
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=287828&highlight=pregnant+check

How far along are you?
What # dc will this be?
How are you feeling?
Are you feeling ready for the new baby?
What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby?
Anything else you want to add?

MoJo
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
I was thinking about doing something like this thread next week. . . when I go to the OB for the first time this pg and expect to want to share!

So, mine will be boring for now:

How far along are you? 7 weeks

What # dc will this be? 2

How are you feeling? at the moment, pretty good. In general, tired and nauseous. . . more frequently nauseous than 1st pg, but less actual sickness.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? no, but I don't have to be. Actually, I'm much more ready for the new baby now than I was for DD when she arrived. I have more stuff and a lot more knowledge.

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? Since I've just started telling people IRL and since I'm only 7 weeks, I haven't bought or received anything yet.

Anything else you want to add? Just lots of good wishes for all of the pregnant moms and moms-to-be here!

jgenie
10-27-2009, 02:26 PM
How far along are you?
24 weeks

What # dc will this be?
This will be DC #2

How are you feeling?
I feel great as long as I don't think about all the things that need to be done before baby gets here. :)

No. DS is starting to test the limits and I'm so not ready for it. I spent 20 minutes on Sunday trying to get him in his car seat. We were going to run a few errands before meeting friends for lunch today but DS wouldn't get in his car seat when it was time to leave so we skipped the errands and just met up for lunch.

I haven't really bought much yet - I usually wait till we get closer. My mom will be visiting in December for the holidays and we will probably do quite a bit of shopping then since that is what we did for DS.

I'm really excited about being at the BBB when the new baby arrives. I hadn't really entered the lounge or other areas of the board when DS was a newborn. It will be nice to have a place to ask questions and seek assurance.

wendibird22
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
How far along are you?
31 weeks...yikes!

What # dc will this be?
DD#2

How are you feeling?
Tired. Nervous because a)I've done minimal to prepare, b)I was induced the 1st time so I still have no idea what to expect with labor, and c)I'm due Xmas Eve so I'm worried about having someone to watch DD1 while we go to the hospital (ban on children under 18 at the hospital because of H1N1).

Definitely ready to be done being pregnant. Not at all ready for her arrival. We did move DD1 to her big girl room, but still need to drag all the baby stuff and baby clothes out of the basement and get that all ready.

Well, I've only boughten new valves for the breast pump and a new bottle brush so nothing exciting there! A friend made her a stroller quilt which is beautiful so that's our first gift for her. I've started looking for a going home outfit but haven't found anything I like yet.

Just hoping this one comes early or on time and not 9days late like DD1!!!

MamaMolly
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Ooooh fun, fun, fun! This is my first check in I get to do!!!

How far along are you? 16 weeks and change

What # dc will this be? second and if I have my way the last. DH is already talking about a 3rd, I suggested he carry it. I'm too old for this cr@p.

How are you feeling? depends on the day. Today I feel great but yesterday was icky. Wasn't this 'morning' sickness supposed to END by now??!?!?! I've also had a much harder time 'connecting' to this pregnancy. I think it is because so much was going on, we were planning an overseas move, plus with DD we had a lot of ultrasounds so it felt very real to me. We moved in my 11th week, so no 12 week ultrasound testing for this pregnancy. I'm REALLY looking forward to my 20 week one!

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Nope. Every baby item we have is in a shipping container on the way here. If we get it before Christmas it will be an act of God. We were told to expect between 4-6 months, so that means Baby could arrive before our shipment. I'm NOT looking forward to unpacking about 7,000 pounds of stuff with a newborn and a 3 year old. But I sure wish it would get here!

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? we are waiting until closer to time, but I've already started my Amazon wish list. (we live overseas so it is the easiest way to window shop) I'm looking for:
*A rockin' freaking awesome 2 seater stroller. With big wheels to get around here. So hit me with your ideas!
*A new carseat
*Sophie the Giraffe
*new slings
*a video monitor, because the kiddos rooms are upstairs and ours is down.

Anything else you want to add? God bless anyone who has ever had morning sickness. I sailed through DDs pregnancy with only bad stomach acid, easily controlled with Zantac 75. Who knew that each pregnancy was so different? This one had robbed me of sleep, my stomach, my brain, my looks, etc. etc.

melrose7
10-27-2009, 02:38 PM
How far along are you?
19w

What # dc will this be?

How are you feeling?
not as nervous the further along I get (had 2 m/c this year). some back pain that when it comes makes it hard to move and pick up kids but it comes and goes. glad the headaches are over, i hope.
yes, I am but it will be busy around here. my 2 other girls but 2 babies i watch plus one other toddler, plus autism therapists in the house all day. it will be a crazy household

have most everything and since I am trying not to find out the sex of this time (ultrasound on Monday)

citymama
10-27-2009, 02:39 PM
How far along are you?
12 weeks. Almost at second trimester mark. :)

What # dc will this be?
This will be DC #2

How are you feeling?
I feel like crap. You guys have already heard me gripe about the nausea, acid, heartburn etc. No signs of abating. I can eat about 5 things and I'm SICK of them all. So not enjoying this pregnancy so far. :(

Are you kidding? ;) We are talking about buying a house and moving before next spring, so far from it!

Nothing yet!

I really want to get excited about this baby and can't wait for the yucky part to end and the good part to start! We have our first ultrasound tomorrow, Oct 28. I think that might make it all feel more real. :)

lkarp
10-27-2009, 02:39 PM
How far along are you?
18 weeks

What # dc will this be?

How are you feeling?
no longer coping with nausea, so much better than a couple months ago

no. I don't think i will feel ready.

i've ordered a sophie la giraffe. it's really the only thing i would like for the new one.

this will be our first home birth and i'm so excited!

becca_g
10-27-2009, 02:40 PM
How far along are you?
39 weeks

What # dc will this be?
DC #1

How are you feeling?
large :)

yes and no ... looking forward to arrival of baby, but it seems as if my to do list before baby arrives keeps growing

afghan handmade by friend

will find out tomorrow if I am being induced 10/29 (for medical reasons) ...

Claki
10-27-2009, 02:54 PM
My first check-in!

How far along are you? 38 weeks, being induced on Sunday!!!!!!
What # dc will this be? Number one!
How are you feeling? Like a punching bag.
Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Yes, as ready as we can be.
What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? I think the bedding my mom made for the nursery. It's using Alexander Henry's Entertaining Elephants quilting fabric.
Anything else you want to add? I've enjoyed getting to know everyone here the last few weeks and am glad to have this as a resource once the baby comes!

karenj2
10-27-2009, 03:10 PM
How far along are you?
20 weeks, 2 days

What # dc will this be?
Our FIRST (after 11 years of trying!!) :yay:

How are you feeling?
Great! I didn't have major MS, just felt nauseous a lot. I'm beginning to feel "Nemo" moving.

No & yes. No because I'm still trying to get the house ready, plus our finances in order, and all the FTM stuff, but YES because I've been waiting for this kid for so long!!

Best gift: My friend knitted a baby blanket for me 7 years ago, and when we were having issues, she set it aside for me (I knew nothing about it). When came over one day to tell her family that I was pregnant, she ran upstairs, and came down with the blanket and gave it to me. We were crying and smiling at the same time...
Best purchase: When I was 9 weeks, DH and I went to Disney with my sister & her family (as we have for the past few years). While there, I found the cutest bib in a neutral color that had the seagulls from Finding Nemo that says "mine, mine, mine!!" (plus, our first onsies were from WDW too.)

My only disappointment is that my Indy (my first furbaby) won't be around to drool on Nemo. (We had to put him down last Thursday.)

KrisM
10-27-2009, 03:12 PM
How far along are you?
39 weeks

What # dc will this be?
DC #1

How are you feeling?
large :)

yes and no ... looking forward to arrival of baby, but it seems as if my to do list before baby arrives keeps growing

afghan handmade by friend

will find out tomorrow if I am being induced 10/29 (for medical reasons) ...

Good luck tomorrow!

KrisM
10-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Good to read the updates!

I am not pregnant, but was in Feb 2008. I had totally forgotten about this and what I wrote "But, every time I leave the house on my own, he asks DH if I'm going to have the baby when I get home. It might be a long 22 more weeks! He also thinks that regardless of boy or girl, the name should be DD's, because DD was a good baby :) ". I need to write that down somewhere because it lasted a long time! Then, when I finally did go to have DS2, it was the middle of the night and he woke up to my mom here and didn't really bat an eye.

infocrazy
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
How far along are you? 20 weeks
What # dc will this be? Number FOUR!
How are you feeling? I will hopefully feel a whole lot better after our u/s on Friday. I still have some sickness but it's reassuring. I'm very nervous.
Are you feeling ready for the new baby? We will be!
What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? We haven't really gotten anything yet and haven't told hardly anyone yet.
Anything you want to add? Just keep us in your P&PT on Friday. Last u/s did not go well for DS3 so I'm just really nervous. I'm praying for great news.

karenj2
10-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Anything you want to add? Just keep us in your P&PT on Friday. Last u/s did not go well for DS3 so I'm just really nervous. I'm praying for great news.

Are you having your u/s on Friday? Me too! I will definitely be crossing my fingers for you. What time is your appointment? (Mine is at 8am, which means I have to get up before I want to, but it's worth it to take off less time at work.)

I know the baby looks good, and that it's a girl, but I'm STILL nervous about the u/s!

SnuggleBuggles
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Aw, there are so many of you!!! Congratulations!!!!

Jen, I hope everything goes very well on the u/s. You'll be in my thoughts.

Rebecca- I hope all goes well with your appt.. If it comes to an induction and you have time, maybe have them sweep the membranes and see if that gets things going. Worked for me both times (I admit I'm an anomaly that it worked both times though :)).

Kris- that is so cute. :) I keep meaning to go through my due date club boards and writing things down from my posts there. I did a terrible job with my baby book but I have a lot recorded on the website!

Everyone with morning sickness, feel better soon!

Keep 'em coming! I know we have more!

Beth

AnnieW625
10-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I am CityMama's pregnancy twin:cheerleader1:

How far along are you?
12 weeks and 1 day; due on May 10, 2010
What # dc will this be?
#2, big sister Elisa is 3/1/2
How are you feeling?
pretty good, tired most nights by 5:30 or 6:00, anxious because our u/s (to detect nuchal fold for downs) and bloodwork is tomorrow, 10-28. I also meet with my new midwife. I want everything to be okay. I've been a little nautious, but never actually thrown up this time. Also had to deal with a little heartburn, but nothing too bad.
I like to think we will be, but financially we have a lot of planning to do if I want to be able to take 4 mos. off like I did with DD (have way less vacation time now:(). Right now all I hope is that this one is healthy.
Nope, it's bad enough I am already making a wish list of possible carseats and even double strollers.:ROTFLMAO:
Just some prayers and thoughts for tomorrow as with last pregnancy we didn't have a clue anything was wrong until 18 weeks (and didn't find out about the tri-18 loss until 24 weeks). I am just so thankful that Kaiser is now doing the nuchal fold u/s at 12 weeks and the expanded blood work at the same time.

citymama
10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Becca_g and Claki - good luck with the inductions - they're coming up soon! Hope everything goes fantastically well with the births.

To Annie, karen and everyone else with an u/s this week - all the best. Let's check in with each other later in the week. I am both nervous and somewhat excited about the u/s. I remember with DD, I literally did not believe I was carrying a baby until that first ultrasound. It feels the same way this time although I am more anxious this time for some reason. Hugs to all!

AnnieW625
10-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Agreed I'll definitely be posting tomorrow. I actually already had a internal one at 8 weeks and I saw the heart beat and the baby looked liked a big blob and was measuring at 8 weeks 2 days, but it won't really look like a baby until we see it tomorrow with the normal tummy u/s.

JTsMom
10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
How far along are you? almost 9 weeks

What # dc will this be? #2

How are you feeling? Nauseous. Incredibly nauseous. 24/7. It was nothing like this with Jason. I can barely function aftern noon. Everything smells, and most food is gross, with the exception of total garbage that I wouldn't normally eat. Yesterday I had to put up a book as a screen so I didn't have to see Jason's dinner. And tired.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? :hysterical: If mildly terrified counts as ready, um, sure!

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? I haven't bought/received anything yet. Honestly, unless we have a girl, I really don't need much at all. Just a carseat, and a couple of carriers.

Anything else you want to add? Counting the days until the second trimester!!! Also, I'm already showing a ridiculous amount. I look like I did at 4 months with Jason, and I started showing early with him too! I probably look more like the average person's 6 months. When people ask me how far along I am, I'm tempted to lie.

mominma
10-27-2009, 04:26 PM
How far along are you?
33.5 weeks

What # dc will this be?

How are you feeling?
Good

Yes

Have not bought much, will need to get a few things, but this time around borrowing most stuff that we no longer have, since this will DEFINITELY be our last!

I am excited to welcome this baby but also nervous about starting over with a newborn. At least the other kids are super excited and can help out this time around.

AshleyAnn
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
How far along are you? 36 weeks
What # dc will this be? #1
How are you feeling? Pretty good - really ready to not be pregnant anymore but good for the most part
Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Yes and NO
What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? The crib. After 2 years of trying it was unreal to walk past the spare bedroom and have a crib it there waiting.
Anything else you want to add? No dialation but 80% effaced! Doctor says anyday now.

tekins
10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
How far along are you? I am 13 weeks
What # dc will this be? lucky #2
How are you feeling? pretty good, no complaints. Just wish I could stop thinking about food.
Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Nope!! just found out I can start my nursing core classes next semester after being on a wait list for a year. this should be interesting.
What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? I am looking into babywearing and LOVE all the different options out there.
Anything else you want to add? Health and happiness to all of us expecting mommas!

Jacksmommy2b
10-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm late to the game - but I want to play!

How far along are you?
33 weeks

What # dc will this be?
#2 and the last. ever. :)

How are you feeling?
Not too shabby. The first twenty plus weeks were hell. I got quesy twice with J and with this kiddo I was ready to be sick 24/7 for months. Now he is getting big enough to hurt when he moves and I am having a harder time reaching for things.

I am totally ready for baby - it's the birth I'm losing sleep over.

I'm finally happy with a car seat so that was a huge weight lifted, but going through J's baby stuff was really awesome.

I can't believe how many of us are knocked up! Must be in the water. :)

Annie - congrats! I didn't realize you were out of the closet ;) Good luck with your U/S and yay for May babies! J was born on the 17th and it is such a lovely time of year to have a baby.

Karen - I missed the announcement that Nemo was a girl! Congrats!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
How far along are you? 27 weeks!
What # dc will this be? #1, our first. It's a boy!! :)
How are you feeling? Great!!! First trimester sucked big-time (morning sickness was horrible, I literally hated eating for 3 months, couldn't gain any weight) but now food is my friend and I'm packing on the pounds!! I occasionally have to deal with some heartburn and painful kicking but it's really nothing IMO, i am sleeping 8 hours a day no prob (knocking on wood!!) I never thought I'd say this, but I soo love being pregnant, I am going to really miss my bump after he arrives!!
Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Not entirely..have gotten a lot of nursery stuff but there is still so much stuff I want to do!! I feel like in ~12 weeks my life as I know it will be over and things will be chaotic, and so I'm struggling to get all these random things done & in order before he arrives!
What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? I love the Madison changing table system we got from Pottery Barn Kids. It really adds a nice touch to our nursery.
Anything else you want to add? So glad i found this board, i think it has been very useful to me so far and I'm sure it will be even more useful once my baby is born!!

todzwife
10-27-2009, 07:35 PM
How far along are you? 11 1/2 weeks
What # dc will this be? #3
How are you feeling? YUCK
Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Uh, not really.
What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? Nothing yet.

michellerw
10-27-2009, 07:36 PM
How far along are you? 22.5 weeks

What # dc will this be? #1, DD

How are you feeling? Largely ok. The nausea is mostly gone, but the food aversions are still around. Having trouble breathing and getting comfortable at night.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? No. Not at all. We still haven't stripped the wallpaper in the nursery.

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? The little cloth diapers are soooo cute.

Anything else you want to add? This is honestly the only parenting board I can stomach.

brittone2
10-27-2009, 08:46 PM
How far along are you? 19.5 weeks

What # dc will this be? #3. Looks like a boy :)

How are you feeling? Tired, tired, tired. Waiting for the 2nd trimester boost of energy and feeling great to kick in any day now...because I'm currently not feeling it ;) I always have sacroiliac joint problems in pregnancy so dealing w/ a bit of that too.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? No. I am feeling nesty, minus the actual energy to accomplish anything :ROTFLMAO:. (Highly unfair LOL). I've been buying a few new cloth dipes, etc. and sorted through a bunch of my kids' clothing I had stored in the attic. The thing that freaks me out the most is that there's a good chance we'll be moving with a newborn <shudder>. Yeah. Fun. I think that's what is driving my nesting more than anything! I can't even comprehend having showings w/ our house, etc. with a newborn. But I'm excited to meet him nevertheless ;)

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? Picking up some new cloth dipes for the new little one. Looking for a special blanket and a few new outfits so he actually has a few things that aren't handmedowns.

lizzywednesday
10-27-2009, 09:12 PM
How far along are you?

21 weeks tomorrow (10/28) ... due March 10th 2010

What # dc will this be?

This will be #1 for us.

How are you feeling?

MUCH better now that I'm not puking every other day ... so, it's been 9 weeks without, to borrow a term from competitive eating, a "reversal."

I am a little tired, but I blame the change of seasons and my commute for that energy drain.

The only other things that get to me are the smells of bleach (which DH has decided is a good thing to use to clean our bathroom) and the stank of our garage, any processed foods, anything containing HFCS and zucchini.

Today, not a bit ... our nursery is still our spare room/catch-all, the DH has never changed a diaper in his life, and my IL's are asking when we want them around after Baby arrives. I had to tell them I had no idea yet! (Thank G-D my mother isn't asking those questions ... and my dad knows better!)

My sister, who is also expecting (due any day now), gave us a bunch of things from the hand-me-downs she'd received and picked over that included the cutest little brown onesie for Halloween with the saying "I love my mummy (and mummy loves me)" ... we're hoping Baby won't be too big for it by the time Halloween rolls around next year! (We hope not; DH and I met on Halloween, so it's one of our two most special days of the year, with the other being our wedding anniversary.)

We've also purchased three pieces of wall decor - two animal plaques from Target (a monkey & a giraffe) and a Bruce Springsteen/Clarence Clemons poster (purchased at the 3rd-to-last concert @ Giants Stadium) - that we can't wait to put up once we've cleared out the room!

We had our 20-week/level II u/s last week and the doc evaluating it saw what might be a problem with Baby's pulmonary artery. Everything else about Baby's development looks fine, however, so this is a concern but not something that appears to be life-threatening.

We're going for a fetal echocardiogram tomorrow (10/28) at one of the best ped's departments in the state, which just happens to be at the hospital where I'm planning to deliver ... and also directly upstairs from the OB department managing my prenatal care. (DH is super-anxious. I'm worried, but find that I have an intense feeling that Baby is OK. When I get these feelings, I am typically right on the money.)

shawnandangel
10-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Not pregnant but wanted to say congratulations to all you expecting mama's! In February of 2008 I had just found out I was pregnant with DD. The same day I found out I was pregnant, a tornado came through the town just north of us. The siren's were blaring and the house was literally shaking. I remember thinking "Oh this is great. I'm pregnant and nobody will ever know because I'm about to die. I told DH I wanted a finished basement. I hate this dirt basement. I don't want to die in the dirt." See, I was crazy already at 6 weeks! (Actually how I found out I was pregnant, I was acting so weird)

Good luck to all you mommies with upcoming US and testing. You'll all be in my prayers.

gatorsmom
10-27-2009, 10:19 PM
How far along are you? almost 9 weeks

How are you feeling? Nauseous. Incredibly nauseous. 24/7. It was nothing like this with Jason. I can barely function aftern noon. Everything smells, and most food is gross, with the exception of total garbage that I wouldn't normally eat. Yesterday I had to put up a book as a screen so I didn't have to see Jason's dinner. And tired.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? :hysterical: If mildly terrified counts as ready, um, sure!

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? I haven't bought/received anything yet. Honestly, unless we have a girl, I really don't need much at all. Just a carseat, and a couple of carriers.

Anything else you want to add? Counting the days until the second trimester!!! Also, I'm already showing a ridiculous amount. I look like I did at 4 months with Jason, and I started showing early with him too! I probably look more like the average person's 6 months. When people ask me how far along I am, I'm tempted to lie.

I didn't know you were pregnant! How did I miss that? I hope everything goes well!

Octobermommy
10-27-2009, 10:25 PM
How far along are you? 39 w +
What # dc will this be? 3rd
How are you feeling? Nervous about delivery, worried about the logistics of 3 children including one entering the terrible twos and currently not sleeping well.
Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Totally unprepared.
Anything else you want to add? Inducing tomorrow!

fortato
10-27-2009, 10:32 PM
How far along are you? 7w 3d

How are you feeling? TIRED, Boobs ache, I have insomnia, but could sleep all day, and nauseous- way worse than with Jack. But- I've wanted this for too long to complain... the prize is so worth it.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? I've barely had time to process that I'm pregnant... so no, not really ready!!!

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? My first ultrasound picture.

Anything else you want to add? I'm really hoping for a girl.....

rachelh
10-28-2009, 12:02 AM
I'll join even though I seldom post....

How far along are you? 21 weeks

What # dc will this be? # 2

How are you feeling? Much different than my first! Too big and tired. Luckily the morning sickness finally stopped. Really nervous about my attempt at a VBAC...thinking of switching to a midwife but thats for another post.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? No but I dont know if I would have ever "felt" ready. Nervous about balancing two kids, work, school, and house.

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? Have not purchased anything yet. I would love a new stroller but DH would never agree. Looing forward to gettting a really nice sling - didnt have one for # 1.

Anything else you want to add? like JTsMom said - I am tempted to lie about how far along I am since I feel really big. I might start telling people I am in my 7th :)

Rachel

MontrealMum
10-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Just wanted to say congrats and good luck to everyone here in case I've missed a thread or two...

My sister, who is also expecting (due any day now), gave us a bunch of things from the hand-me-downs she'd received and picked over that included the cutest little brown onesie for Halloween with the saying "I love my mummy (and mummy loves me)" ... we're hoping Baby won't be too big for it by the time Halloween rolls around next year! (We hope not; DH and I met on Halloween, so it's one of our two most special days of the year, with the other being our wedding anniversary.)

We have that onesie and it just *barely* still fits DS. He'll be wearing it for the last time this week. It's one of my favorite ones :)

citymama
10-28-2009, 12:25 AM
todzwife/Shandelle: yay! i have someone to commiserate with about the yucky nausea stage. high five.
lizzywednesday: all the best with the fetal testing. hope all goes well and it is easily fixable, or remedies itself in utero.
OctoberMommy: you're being induced tomorrow! All the best and congratulations in advance! We can't wait to hear about the new baby.

Everyone else: what was in the air these last few months? recession fever? ;) It looks like we're almost 35 of us here so far! Healthy, happy vibes to all bellies and mamas!

JTsMom
10-28-2009, 07:19 AM
I didn't know you were pregnant! How did I miss that? I hope everything goes well!

Thanks! :)

Cheburashka
10-28-2009, 07:53 AM
How far along are you?
33 weeks and change

What # dc will this be?
#1!

How are you feeling?
Oh golly, today would be hormonal. Yesterday was hungry. I've never had a super-cranky day yet, so I'm thankful for that. So very glad it's almost over; I can't wait to walk around without accidentally bumping into things because I still don't realize how far my tummy sticks out. Also glad to be at the "obviously pregnant" stage. People still stare at my stomach, but now I'm pretty sure they're not wondering if I'm the Cookie Monster's cousin.

Stuff-wise, definitely not. DC has a place to sleep and some clothes, but that's about it. I've been sneakily teaching SO how to cook simple dinners, like chicken and noodles, pasta, quesadillas, so he's ready to take over cooking responsibilities for me for a little bit. Emotionally, I think I'm ready. I think. I'm not sure anyone ever really knows that even once the DC comes out. But I'm eager for baby to come out and meet everyone.

I think I've raved about this somewhere else, but I found a bib that's made up to look like Marine dress blues. It's so adorable, I've got it in my hospital bag already. DC is going to have a picture taken with it on that'll go in a picture frame for the SO to take to work. Once I find a picture frame I like.

Where's the Macaulay Culkin Home Alone scream icon? That would pretty much sum it up, I think.

mama2g03
10-28-2009, 10:41 AM
How far along are you?
8 weeks

What # dc will this be?

How are you feeling?
Still trying to get used to the surprise. I thought we were stopping with two. At least DH was finally motivated to get that vasectomy! Even though it wasn't in the plan this baby will be a blessing. After a previous miscarriage I'm a little cautious this early but after the ultrasound yesterday I can't help feeling a little excited. I could do without the overall yuck feeling in the evening and the tiredness.

Not by a long shot. Gave away lots of baby stuff to DSD two years ago since we thought we were done. It will be strange that this baby will have a niece older than her/him. I hope this one is a girl since we have stuff from DD. I am worried how my other two DC are going to react to news of a baby. DD is three and loves babies but DS is six and I'm not sure how the news is going to go over. Also, my due date is days before DSD is supposed to get married. Not great timing, I'm very upset about that but what can you do? I just hope this baby is a little early so her dad doesn't miss her wedding.

Bought a new mattress since the other one was used for both DC and this baby is getting hand me down furniture since DS just got a new bed. Also ordered the Sophie the giraffe since it was a pretty good price. She is popular here!

Good luck to all the pregnant mamas here! Wishing everyone healthy babies and easy pregnancies and deliveries.

tmphilo
10-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't post a lot, but I thought I'd join in...

How far along are you? 12 weeks - due 5/12/10
How are you feeling? Tired today but otherwise good
Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Not yet, but I have plenty of time. I'm needing to go through a lot of stuff to make room prior to DC's arrival!
What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? Sofie the giraffe a couple of days ago since it was a good deal on amazon.

ged
10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I am scared to post this, since I am scared of not making it to term...but OTOH, this is what I am experiencing now...

How far along are you? around 13 weeks - due 5/2/10 according to my most recent ultrasound

What # dc will this be? #2, I suppose, but I lost a DS in March at 18 weeks, so I am still figuring out how to state things. I have a 4.5 year old DD

How are you feeling? Better not to ask. Trying not to stay in my feelings. Physically, I am somewhat tired and trying to take things really easy. I am feeling so many things in my stomach/uterus from time to time that I just try not to think about it.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? On one hand, no, but OTOH, yes, yes and yes.

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? Nothing yet. Not sure when I will get up the courage to buy anything for the new baby

Anythings else you want to add?: I lost my litle guy due to what is believed to be an incompetent cervix. I have a cerclage surgery planned for next week, Nov.5th. I hope that goes without a hitch and that I make it to term. I will probably be on bedrest sooner or later. I will probably be supplementing with progesterone as well. I have had some serious bleeding (including clots), but none too recently, knock on wood. If I have any bleeding from now on, my cerclage surgery will have to be postponed. I am seeing my Docs a lot, and have already had 4 ultrasounds, I believe. This pregnancy is so not going to be easy. I am nervous, but hopeful. Best wishes to all the fellow pregnant moms. I hope 2009/2010 is a great year for everyone!

infocrazy
10-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Are you having your u/s on Friday? Me too! I will definitely be crossing my fingers for you. What time is your appointment? (Mine is at 8am, which means I have to get up before I want to, but it's worth it to take off less time at work.)

I know the baby looks good, and that it's a girl, but I'm STILL nervous about the u/s!

Actually, I think we have the same due date too! March 14? Although DH is refusing to consider anything but St Patty's day...

Ours is at 1 on Friday, we are going to DS1's Halloween party at PreK first so I took the whole day off. Good luck to you too!

citymama
10-28-2009, 02:41 PM
ged, all the best to you with this pregnancy. so sorry about your loss. :grouphug:
I think there are about 5 of us due in May at last count. hope the surgery goes great.

sfmom
10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Love this thread!

How far along are you? 33 weeks

How are you feeling? Physically, good. Emotionally, a wreck. Huge but OK. Anxious (see below). Stressed - I was induced last time, not sure what's going to happen now. Hoping the next couple of weeks are easier than they were the first time around...

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? No. I'm anxious about how DD will react and how I'll be able to give her the attention she needs. I'm losing lots of sleep over this.

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? I'm so embarrassed but I have just gone on a shopping spree this time. Mostly b/c I know more websites and the deal a day sites in particular are hard to resist. I bought Adiri bottles, which I'm looking forward to using and the Ultimate Swaddling Blanket. I definitely need to buy a new stroller.

Anything else you want to add? I want to thank the posters on this forum for all their support and advice. I've had lots of questions and I've always gotten such helpful responses. I'm sending lots of love to all the others who are (and are not) expecting.

lizzywednesday
10-28-2009, 02:50 PM
We had our fetal echocardiogram today and they saw everything they needed to see, except for the ductal arch of the aorta, and diagnosed Baby with pulmonary valvar stenosis.

As everything else about Baby looked fine, except for the pulmonary valve, they are not concerned ... HOWEVER, there's a (very slight) possibility that the defect is related to Noonan syndrome, a chromosomal defect.

DH is freaking out as if being angry will fix things. (Is this a "guy thing"?)

I'm still concerned, but not freaking out. (Freaking out won't fix things. You would think I have icewater in my veins today.)

We've scheduled an appointment with Genetics for Friday morning.
DH is demanding not only a 2nd opinion (2nd fetal echo) but also an amnio to test for the chromosomal defect. He also made a comment that Genetics should have seen us earlier (one of my aunts on my mom's side has Downs) but I disagree - there was no need based on my age or my other risk factors, so they did the right thing. DH just needs somebody to blame for this, so he's blaming Genetics. Earlier it felt a bit like he was blaming me, so I am leaving him ALONE for the rest of the day.

The good news is, if it's just a freak occurrence with the valve, they can correct it using a balloon catheter (called a balloon valvuloplasty) at birth. It's invasive, but not open-heart surgery ... and Baby can live a normal, active life. We may have to spend time in the NICU and doing follow-up visits to pediatric cardiology, but I can deal with that so long as Baby is otherwise OK.

poppy
10-28-2009, 03:10 PM
How far along are you?
17 wks

What # dc will this be?

DS #2

How are you feeling?

Pretty good actually. Outside of the raging hormones, I barely feel pregnant. :)

Not yet. Afraid of having two little ones under the age of 2.

Need to stop going on the Bargains site. Bought lots of new outfits from forgetmenotkids.com and Sophie the Giraffe. On the hunt for a double stroller.

Good luck to all you pregnant mamas!

poppy
10-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear you are going through this. Sending you P & PTs.

lizzywednesday

We had our fetal echocardiogram today and they saw everything they needed to see, except for the ductal arch of the aorta, and diagnosed Baby with pulmonary valvar stenosis.

As everything else about Baby looked fine, except for the pulmonary valve, they are not concerned ... HOWEVER, there's a (very slight) possibility that the defect is related to Noonan syndrome, a chromosomal defect.

DH is freaking out as if being angry will fix things. (Is this a "guy thing"?)

I'm still concerned, but not freaking out. (Freaking out won't fix things. You would think I have icewater in my veins today.)

We've scheduled an appointment with Genetics for Friday morning.
DH is demanding not only a 2nd opinion (2nd fetal echo) but also an amnio to test for the chromosomal defect. He also made a comment that Genetics should have seen us earlier (one of my aunts on my mom's side has Downs) but I disagree - there was no need based on my age or my other risk factors, so they did the right thing. DH just needs somebody to blame for this, so he's blaming Genetics. Earlier it felt a bit like he was blaming me, so I am leaving him ALONE for the rest of the day.

The good news is, if it's just a freak occurrence with the valve, they can correct it using a balloon catheter (called a balloon valvuloplasty) at birth. It's invasive, but not open-heart surgery ... and Baby can live a normal, active life. We may have to spend time in the NICU and doing follow-up visits to pediatric cardiology, but I can deal with that so long as Baby is otherwise OK.

JTsMom
10-28-2009, 03:24 PM

:hug: I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. My DS has a very complex heart condition, and we've done a corrective cath before (in addition to o.h. surgery). I can promise you that, in most cases, it is not too traumatic (for baby or parents) in the grand scheme of things. We were in and out of the hospital in about 36 hours, and the only reason it took that long is that DS would not cooperate for the final echo they needed to get. The hardest part was trying to get him to take it easy after he woke up. He was sitting up and playing with his toys, and the next day, was running up and down the halls. :)

Even with his complex condition, and lack of a pulmonary valve, he is the LAST kid you'd pick as having a heart condition. There's no stopping that boy!

What your DH is going through is very normal. A lot of people tend to go through a sort of grieving process when everything dos turn out "normally". Anger is just one part of that.

If you need to talk, let me know.

lizzywednesday
10-28-2009, 03:30 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. My DS has a very complex heart condition, and we've done a corrective cath before (in addition to o.h. surgery). I can promise you that, in most cases, it is not too traumatic (for baby or parents) in the grand scheme of things. We were in and out of the hospital in about 36 hours, and the only reason it took that long is that DS would not cooperate for the final echo they needed to get. The hardest part was trying to get him to take it easy after he woke up. He was sitting up and playing with his toys, and the next day, was running up and down the halls. :)

Even with his complex condition, and lack of a pulmonary valve, he is the LAST kid you'd pick as having a heart condition. There's no stopping that boy!

What your DH is going through is very normal. A lot of people tend to go through a sort of grieving process when everything dos turn out "normally". Anger is just one part of that.

If you need to talk, let me know.

THANK YOU so very much for your kind words and understanding ... and also your reassurance that things may not be as bleak as DH seems to think they are. Some kids you just can't slow down ... my brother Joe was one of them, though DH would shoot daggers at me for saying so. (He & Joe do not get along very well.)

MoJo
10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Becca, if you're here, what did you find out? Maybe inducing today?

Claki, best wishes for your Sunday induction! (I'm almost never on the BBB on the weekend, so I wanted to say something now)

Annie, how did your u/s go?

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I am hoping for healthy babies and pregnancies for all of you.

Lizzywednesday, very best of luck at the follow up appointments.
Claki- best of luck!! An early congratulations!
Good u/s vibes for all the moms going in soon!

Beth

becca_g
10-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Becca, if you're here, what did you find out? Maybe inducing today?

Claki, best wishes for your Sunday induction! (I'm almost never on the BBB on the weekend, so I wanted to say something now)

Annie, how did your u/s go?

Not inducing today ... my doctor had planned to for medical reasons but feels I'm not a good candidate for induction yet and would likely end up with C-section, which she is trying to avoid for other medical reasons.

At this point, am definitely scheduled for induction 11/11-11/12 unless I go into labor sooner.

The most important thing is that baby is doing fine ... the medical issues are all on my end and are being adequately managed at this point.

Thanks for asking!

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
That sounds like a good approach, Rebecca. I'm glad you are healthy and able to wait and see what happens. Hopefully it will make for an easier experience for both of you. Lots of labor vibes coming your way. :)

Beth

NewMom2007
10-29-2009, 03:00 PM
How far along are you? 36 weeks

How are you feeling? Great, in general. More exhausted this time around since I chase after a 2.5 yr old, but no illness or pain, which is great.

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Yes - despite the fact that not everything is actually ready to go, I know we'll be ok. I'll have some time off before my due date to put the finishing touches on some things - wash clothes, prep diapers, etc.

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? We haven't bought or received much at this point...I'd say hiring a doula has been the best investment so far. I did buy some soft new cloth diapers and look forward to buying some cute wool covers once we know what sex the baby is.

Anything else you want to add? Congrats to all the other mamas-to-be! As always, love the bargains and tips to be found on this forum...thanks to everyone for that!

crl
10-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Umm, I'm not pregnant, but we are expecting--through adoption. May I join in?

How far along are you?

The expectant mother who has chosen us to parent (she can legally change her mind until she signs paperwork after birth) is due Apr. 1.

What # dc will this be?

How are you feeling?

A bit unnerved. DS was adopted from China and the process for domestic adoption is quite different. I'm not quite ready to believe it's really going to happen, I think.

Oh yes. We've been trying to adopt a second time for 3 years now (various complications with international programs).

My favorite is the Gypsymama stretch wrap. It's so pretty. I'm also pretty pysched about the Mountain Buggy Swift stroller and the mini armsreach co-sleeper I scored off stroller swap/CL.

Congratulations to everyone who's expecting!

Catherine

lizzywednesday
10-29-2009, 03:29 PM
I am hoping for healthy babies and pregnancies for all of you.

Lizzywednesday, very best of luck at the follow up appointments.

Thanks.

DH seems to have calmed down some (he talked with his brother last night) but he's still cranky and 2nd-guessing the docs.

We meet with Genetics tomorrow at 11am (Eastern) ... and I'd appreciate some P&PT from anyone who is so inclined to send some in our general direction. I hope that I'll know more about what next steps we'll be taking by tomorrow afternoon.

kim_mi
10-29-2009, 03:32 PM
How far along are you? 39 weeks tomorrow

What # dc will this be? 2

How are you feeling? Ready to be done!

Are you feeling ready for the new baby? Not entirely ready for 2 under 2.5 years old.

What's your favorite thing that you have bought/ received for the new baby? I bought a BJCCD to use for my 2 kids and I'm hoping to get some use out of it on days that aren't too snowy here in Michigan as soon as possible.

Anything else you want to add? Congrats on all the mommas-to-be. Also thanks to everyone for all the tips I read here on this site! :hug5:

karenj2
10-29-2009, 04:14 PM
To Annie, karen and everyone else with an u/s this week - all the best. Let's check in with each other later in the week. I am both nervous and somewhat excited about the u/s. I remember with DD, I literally did not believe I was carrying a baby until that first ultrasound. It feels the same way this time although I am more anxious this time for some reason. Hugs to all!

Thanks - I'm nervous, but I've actually already had 4 ultrasounds; 2 with the fertility clinic and two with my regular OB. My last one was at 18w because my quad screen (which I think should be banned) came back "high risk" for Downs. The US didn't show anything abnormal, but they still wanted to do the 20w US for measurements of everything.

I'm late to the game - but I want to play!
Karen - I missed the announcement that Nemo was a girl! Congrats!
Sorry - I don't know if I've actively mentioned that or not here... But thanks!

Actually, I think we have the same due date too! March 14? Although DH is refusing to consider anything but St Patty's day...
Ours is at 1 on Friday, we are going to DS1's Halloween party at PreK first so I took the whole day off. Good luck to you too!
Our appointment is at 8am! :boogie: I think we do have the same EDD! I'm hoping that we don't run past 3/14, though - I'd rather have Nemo earlier. (Of course my birthday is on 3/12, so I might be jinxing myself...)

YES!! Congratulations, and good luck! :bighand:

wellyes
10-29-2009, 05:05 PM
OK I'll join....

How far along are you?

almost 6 weeks
Normally I'd hestitate to even post about it this early but I am so nauseous I don't care!

What # dc will this be?

How are you feeling?

Nervous. Had a "missed miscarriage" a few months back. But I never felt pregnant then, whereas this pregnancy feels just like my first (except extra morning sickness) so I'm hopeful.

Sure! The more the merrier.

Nada yet

Thanks for posting this check-in! Fun!

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Congratulations, wellyes!!!!! Lots of sticky, healthy, no morning sickness vibes coming your way!

Beth

Kitten007
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Congratulations, wellyes!!!!! Lots of sticky, healthy, no morning sickness vibes coming your way!

Beth

:yeahthat: Congrats!!!

Kitten007
10-29-2009, 05:19 PM

Are you kidding!?!?!?! A mom is a mom! So excited for you!!! Sending prayers for your safe arrival of your new baby! Congrats!

Kitten007
10-29-2009, 05:20 PM
For all you pregnant or adopting mommies.....

CONGRATS!!!!

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
How did I miss that Catherine? cONGRATS!!!!

MoJo
10-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Praying for you this morning, LizzyWednesday! I hope everything goes well with genetics.

doberbrat
10-30-2009, 09:17 AM
OK I'll join....

How far along are you?
35 w

What # dc will this be?

How are you feeling?

Mentally = FREAKING OUT. Physically, well, better than w/dd, but not so hot. bp is spiking, gained 4lbs last week and baby is measuring more and more ahead so my ob doesnt think I'm going to make it to 38w.

Not in the least. Its suddenly dawning on me that I'm going to have a baby in a few weeks. Likely before Thanksgiving!

Nada yet. I have enough crap to outfit tripletts and my new mantra is Fiscal Responsibility!
(and purge the crap)

P&T for Lizzie and CRL Mom - Personally, I think adoptive moms are MORE of moms than 'birth' moms b/c of all the stuff you go through that the rest of us are blessed not to have to do *hug* [/QUOTE]

SnuggleBuggles
10-30-2009, 11:12 PM
OK I'll join....

How far along are you?
35 w

What # dc will this be?

How are you feeling?

Mentally = FREAKING OUT. Physically, well, better than w/dd, but not so hot. bp is spiking, gained 4lbs last week and baby is measuring more and more ahead so my ob doesnt think I'm going to make it to 38w.

Not in the least. Its suddenly dawning on me that I'm going to have a baby in a few weeks. Likely before Thanksgiving!

Nada yet. I have enough crap to outfit tripletts and my new mantra is Fiscal Responsibility!
(and purge the crap)

P&T for Lizzie and CRL Mom - Personally, I think adoptive moms are MORE of moms than 'birth' moms b/c of all the stuff you go through that the rest of us are blessed not to have to do *hug* [/quote]

Everything will be great. :) Don't freak out! Remember, baby needs food, diapers and love. You got that and you are golden. I hope the bp stabilizes!!

Beth

lizzywednesday
10-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Praying for you this morning, LizzyWednesday! I hope everything goes well with genetics.

Thanks to you and everyone else who was sending their p&pt on Friday morning.

While the appointment went pretty well, we've decided to go forward with an amnio, which will be on Monday (11/2) at 9:30am (Eastern) to rule out the most common chromosomal abnormalities that can be associated with the type of heart defect our baby has. (All this on top of a low-risk 1st trimester screen!)

I am just barely in the "safer" window for an amnio, as I will be at 22 weeks on Wednesday, so it's a little unnerving to have this procedure done at all, but we do want to know either way. (Amid the worry and fear, I still have faith that there's nothing else wrong.)

Again, P&PT is much appreciated; it makes me feel better knowing I am not carrying this weight alone.

boogiemomz
11-01-2009, 04:44 AM
It being 3am and me being WIDE awake, tired of trying unsuccessfully to get comfortable and fall asleep again after what seems like the 35th bathroom trip tonight, I'm going to join the fun here--it seems like the right time, somehow... :)

How far along are you?
38 weeks

What # dc will this be?
number one!!! it's a girl!

How are you feeling?
SOO excited. :yay: I am getting really tired but otherwise have felt great and enjoyed a wonderful, uncomplicated pregnancy. I am right on the edge of the point where I don't know how much longer I can make it... belly is huge, sleep is scarce... I know it's so close but it still feels far away somehow! maybe because I cannot fathom that in a matter of days I'm going to be taking care of a newborn! Not to mention the fact that said newborn will actually have come out of my body! First-time mom freaking out here. But again, super excited!

Yes and no. Ready to not be pregnant anymore, but I'm definitely scared to actually have the baby. I'm so tired right now I feel nearly non-functional, and I know I don't even know what tired means yet. I hope I don't totally fall apart. And we don't know her name yet... that has been a struggle for DH and me. But we're both really eager to meet her, so overall, yes, ready!

hmm... tough one. I have received some beautiful handmade blankets from friends and family. Oh, and my mom gave me a beautiful ring sling carrier for my shower that I love, so can't wait to snuggle my little girl up close to me AND have hands free!

Thanks to everyone for sharing and BEST OF EVERYTHING to all of you! and ditto the comment about adoptive moms... You are such amazing and beautiful women and you have demonstrated a love for your child(ren) that is SO real and tangible.

And thanks to all of you in this community for the support that you show one another in times of trial. I am not overly active on these boards but I am always impressed at how you lift each other up with your messages, prayers, and encouragement when tough times are at hand. Thanks for sharing the mommy love!! :grouphug:

Kitten007
11-01-2009, 05:14 AM
Again, P&PT is much appreciated; it makes me feel better knowing I am not carrying this weight alone.

Definitely sending P&PT your way

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2009, 10:18 AM
katherine- Congrats!! YOu are almost there!! (Don't forget to mentally move that EDD back 2 weeks just in case baby doesn't come by 40 weeks...less likely to be disappointed if you aren't expecting the baby to arrive "on time" :). Someone told me that when I was 8m pg was ds1 and it helped a bunch since ds1 was 2 weeks "late"!) When you get back from one of your bathroom runs, while in bed get on all 4s and arch your back to the ceiling a few times then roll righ into a sleeping position. Sometimes those stretches can help keep baby off your bladder a bit longer.

Lizzy- Good luck!!!!

Beth

lizzywednesday
11-02-2009, 06:10 PM

Lizzy- Good luck!!!!

Beth

Thanks so much!

The doc & the u/s tech said I did really well at the amnio this morning. I only said "Ow" once and then I focused on breathing because I felt more dizzy than pain. And the u/s tech played Baby's heartbeat for us, which made me feel very, very good, even though I was still woozy.

since I got home, I've been more cranky than crampy, so I am taking that as a good sign. Also, I was pretty sure I felt Baby moving a few times, so I feel a bit more reassured that "he" will be OK. (We don't know if Baby is a boy or a girl, but I've been feeling very strongly that Baby is a "he" and not a "she" ... I don't care much so long as these test results come back clear.)

Lastly, I am sure I saw evidence of everyone's P&PT today ... on my way to the appointment (had to drive myself b/c DH needed to go into the office today rather than work from home) I saw a rainbow in the sky. It made me feel a lot better, although I was still anxious on the way up.

We should get our preliminary results by Thursday and final results in 2-4 weeks.

AnnieW625
11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
We should get our preliminary results by Thursday and final results in 2-4 weeks.

Hugs to you and DH. I know how hard it is to sit through an amnio. I'll be praying for you guys, and the baby.

lizzywednesday
11-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Hugs to you and DH. I know how hard it is to sit through an amnio. I'll be praying for you guys, and the baby.

Thanks so much ... the fact that the draw is over now and the results are pretty much in G-d's hands now actually helps me to relax and wait a bit more patiently.

It's going to be an anxious couple of days, but freaking out won't help anything.

grube
11-06-2009, 02:04 PM
a newbie joining in on the fun...

How far along are you?
35.5 w

What # dc will this be?
1 - and we don't know if it's a boy or a girl

How are you feeling?
Can't believe it's already getting close to time! But, does feel like i've been pregnant for a long time.

Heck no! Who is every ready for this massive change in their lives?!? We are excited to begin the journey.

Jesus Storybook Bible & hopefully the BJCC

Y'all have been a great resource for people like me who have no idea what to buy, avoid, splurge and save on!

lizzywednesday
11-06-2009, 04:07 PM
All - Thanks again for the P&PT, long-distance hugs and understanding.

Our preliminary results are all normal. DH nearly cried. (Don't tell him I told all y'all, OK?)

The relief was celebrated by a calorie-splurge supper of meatball subs from the pizzeria near our old apartment.

Snow mom
11-06-2009, 04:16 PM

Our preliminary results are all normal. DH nearly cried. (Don't tell him I told all y'all, OK?)

The relief was celebrated by a calorie-splurge supper of meatball subs from the pizzeria near our old apartment.

Great news!

citymama
11-06-2009, 04:56 PM

HURRAY! This is such great news. It's making me tear up (blame it on the hormones). So happy for your family! :cheerleader1:

Kitten007
11-06-2009, 04:59 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!! So happy to hear the good news!!!! :yay:

mama2g03
11-06-2009, 05:59 PM

So happy for you! Now you can relax and really enjoy your pregnancy!

AnnieW625
11-06-2009, 07:30 PM

So happy for you both, and the little one of course.