PDA

View Full Version : Would you report this School Bus issue? UPDATED post #15

alien_host
10-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Lately I've noticed that the school bus that services our street is driving way too fast. The driver sped around the corner and nearly hit me the other day. I see them barreling down the street too, not to mention the kids inside, but we are on a very residential street with small kids outside etc.

So would you report this? Who would you call - school, bus company? I've tried jotting down the bus # but it seems to go by too fast for me to catch it!

Would you give your name/do it anonymously?

My DD is not yet in elementary yet so I have no idea how the bus "system" works or if anyone would take this seriously.

elliput
10-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes, I would report the driver- probably to the bus company. If you are in an area that can have snow and ice on the street, you definitely do not want to see the bus flipped on its side one day. :nodno:

SnuggleBuggles
10-27-2009, 01:48 PM
I'd call your school district's main office and speak with who is in charge of transportation. If they are unresponsive or things don't improve, call the bus company directly. I don't know about giving a name or not. I would do it for the school district but would have to think on the bus co..

Beth

Melaine
10-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Yes. I am always watching the school buses expecting reckless driving, to be honest. The bus stop is right in front of our house and believe it or not one day DH saw the bus hit our mailbox and knock it right over. The bus was going to continue on it's way but DH stopped them. We had to call 3 or 4 times to get someone to finally get them to come and fix it. I was very disappointed.

egoldber
10-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Absolutely! There is probably a transportation center. You could call your local school to get the number, but it's probably on your district's website.

vludmilla
10-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Absolutely! Report it to the school district and the bus company. If you can't read the number on the bus, just note the time and the company should be able to figure out whose bus it is. Jeez.

infomama
10-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Do not hesitate to call about this situation. Please!

ett
10-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes, I would definitely report it. That's dangerous! I would call the transportation department of your public school system and if you tell them the time and street the bus was on, they should be able to figure out which bus it is. Hopefully, they'll be responsive enough to either take care of it or give you the bus company contact info.

bubbaray
10-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Definitely. In fact, I have done so a few times in the past. I called both the company and the district.

Evil twin Skippy may have possibly backed out of her driveway blocking the path of said bus one morning and had a few "choice" words with the driver.... :bag I think the phone call was more effective, though.

trales
10-27-2009, 05:48 PM
I call about twice a school year. It works for awhile, then I call again.

MmeSunny
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Please call. Talk to your principal, then the district head of transportation. Depending on the district, it could be a driver under a contracted company or a district employee. Either way, they need to be careful. There was just a 6 year old run over by his school bus here this year. Very sad.

awoodm
10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
I would definitely call the transportation company, and the school district too if I felt it was necessary. Gotta keep the kids safe, both on the bus and off!

Toba
10-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Yup, I would definitely call. I've called on commercial buses before (driving recklessly on the Garden State Parkway driving down to Atlantic City ... there are TONS of them), so calling about a school bus being unsafely driven would be a given for me. If it's a service, I would find out what school they're busing for and call the school system too. Around here, the school district (ours is absolutely huge) owns their own buses but a few towns over, they use a busing service.

MontrealMum
10-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Yes, please call! I would start with your school district's offices, but you may have to call the bus company anyway. In any case your district can then give you the correct contact information. I know that back home busing has been contracted out along with just about everything else.

alien_host
11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
I have called twice. Once about 2 weeks ago but I didn't have the bus number. I called the transportation department at the school admin office and talked with the "bus coordinator" which actually is a bus company employee.

Today, the same bus cut me off as I was driving down the main road and it was coming out of the school road. I had to brake pretty hard b/c the bus just made the right turn without really seeing that anyone was on the main road. I followed it to see how she was driving and she was going very fast for a residential area. I got her plate an bus number and called again.

If I don't notice a change I'm going to go up the chain.