PDA

View Full Version : GAH! Our pedi's office and health dept are OUT of the flu vax.

Clarity
10-27-2009, 02:57 PM
The seasonal flu vax. WTH? It's October! The pediatrician is out of the vax and told us to call the health dept. Well, they're out of their supply too and will not be receiving any more doses. Now what?

ett
10-27-2009, 05:36 PM
On my ped's website they said that the government has ordered production and shipment of the seasonal flu vaxes to temporarily stop so that they can distribute the H1N1 vaxes.

kdeunc
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Our ped and health department have both been out for weeks. DD has had her first shot but we are still waiting on the second one for her. No one has H1N1 here either.

KathyN115
10-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Our ped is out of seasonal flu vax, don't know when or if they will be getting any more in. And, no information at all on the H1N1. Grrrr......

SkyrMommy
10-27-2009, 08:25 PM
On my ped's website they said that the government has ordered production and shipment of the seasonal flu vaxes to temporarily stop so that they can distribute the H1N1 vaxes.

:yeahthat: My ped still has the seasonal and we had DD vac'd today, but now I'm worried about them running out when it's time for the second shot. Also no H1N1 here and when I requested that when they receive it to have a preservative free for DD... ped basically told me it won't happen. So DD will probably go without H1N1.

elliput
10-27-2009, 09:44 PM
My ped's office is out of the flu vax also. DS had his first shot last month and was due for his second tomorrow. I was going to have to reschedule his appt anyway, so in my mind this really isn't that big of a deal.

Clarity
10-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh, I'm all twisted up about the flu vax's this year. I was in no hurry to do the seasonal but I was eventually planning on doing dd1 for both seasonal and h1n1.
DD2 has an egg allergy and can't be vaxed. I thought at least having dd1 vaxed (and dh and I) would help dd2. But you know, it won't really, because she's at daycare and unless everyone gets vaxed there, she'll be likely be exposed. So I'm not sure why I'm bothering.
But I'm still appalled that seasonal isn't available...wth is the point of vaxing unless you're going to provide enough for the population? I mean, that's the ENTIRE point! Vax as many as possible so that the flu has a harder time transmitting. So it doesn't make much sense to not produce enough!

ett
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Oh, I'm all twisted up about the flu vax's this year. I was in no hurry to do the seasonal but I was eventually planning on doing dd1 for both seasonal and h1n1.
DD2 has an egg allergy and can't be vaxed. I thought at least having dd1 vaxed (and dh and I) would help dd2. But you know, it won't really, because she's at daycare and unless everyone gets vaxed there, she'll be likely be exposed. So I'm not sure why I'm bothering.
Oh, but I'm still appalled that seasonal isn't available...wth is the point of vaxing unless you're going to provide enough for the population? I mean, that's the ENTIRE point! Vax as many as possible so that the flu has a harder time transmitting. So it doesn't make much sense to not produce enough!

Yeah, I was just telling DH how messed up it is this season that there will be all these kids who won't be able to get the second vax of seasonal and H1N1 and won't have full protection. DS2 has an egg allergy so I'm in a similar boat. I postponed DS1's seasonal flu vax because I was still thinking about it and now that I'm thinking I would like for him to have it, they're all out.