PDA

View Full Version : Really bad day

tnrnchick74
10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Started at 03:30 when the dog thought it would be much fun to go lick DS's feet through the crib slats.

DS up. DS cuddled...for all of 4 minutes, then wanted to play.

FINALLY got him fed and back asleep - slept until 8:30. Took baby boy to daycare. Fine.

Realized as I stopped for gas on the way home, that the $40 that WAS in my wallet and was to last me until payday (JUST for gas, as I have a long commute) had been stolen out of my wallet..more than likely the day before at work. Sigh.

I scrounged up all the change I have - I have $13 to last me until Fri. That will get me to/from work tomorrow, but not Thurs. Sigh.

I go to my job interview that would be a PERFECT solution to my long commute/more time with DS/daycare issues...

Great interview, good meeting-then I was informed she only has part time positions and per diem positions left...none with benefits. I need full time and benefits.

Left with my head held high...until I got to my car then I fell apart.

Picked DS up from daycare and head home. Blowout diaper on the way home. DS threw dinner on the floor to the dog. I'm now washing the carseat cover. Sigh.

Get to go to work tomorrow and deal with backstabbing pettiness and the jealousies of one person who REALLY needs to grow up, but is trying to get me fired anyways by telling out and out lies to my manager (she's one of the "chosen few" that can get away with this crap).

Sigh.

And Fri is halloween. DS's costume will be too hot to wear as its going to be 90+ degrees. He will wear it long enough for 1 picture, then we will just carry it with us. Sigh.

Can I curl up into a ball now?? Child support STILL isn't coming in yet...and the state can't tell me when it will come in. I'm broke...my car is empty...I need $$ and I really need a new job.

COME ON BEDTIME!!! I have some adult beverages in the pantry waiting to be consumed.

bubbaray
10-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm so so sorry. :grouphug:

elektra
10-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Just gotta say that you will find something. You are getting out there, going on interviews, making it happen. You are not just sitting around complaining. You already got yourself a new place. I think it will all come together in time.
I will be sharing a cross country drink with you out of my own twisty as we attempt another cribless bedtime tonight. :)
Oh and yah I think DS will roast in his Stitch costume too.

MCsMom
10-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow.

I am so sorry this is all happening at once.

But you are getting the job(s) DONE!

More power to you :cheerleader1:

tnrnchick74
10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
and it keeps getting better...

I forgot to put the wine in the fridge. I have no wine ready to drink. Rum isn't doing it.

WWWAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

SkyrMommy
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
:hug5:

I hope your day goes better tomorrow & DS wakes up with a wonderful smile, just for you.

StantonHyde
10-27-2009, 09:26 PM
After the day you had, even warm wine would be good!! You poor thing! Job hunting is like sales--throw enough spaghetti against a wall and something will stick. You never know what jobs might open up. Be sure to write a nice hand written thank you note to the person who interviewed you. I have hired people a couple of months after an initial interview--the other person didn't work out or we had a new position open.

You are doing such a good job, mamma!!

gatorsmom
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Focus on the silver lining, focus on the positive.... even though I know that's not always easy.

Big, big hugs.

maestramommy
10-27-2009, 09:46 PM
After a day like you just had, I'd drink the wine straight out of the bottle:hug5::hug5:

MamaMolly
10-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Frosty beer mug, my friend. You need to get yourself one of those goop sandwiched in plastic beer mugs and keep it in the freezer for just such an emergency. And ice is always an option if you drink quickly enough!

And listen, you've come so far. Remember just a few months ago when you were looking down a homeless barrel? And you pulled it out then. You will get through this, too. And I'd personally like to offer up some BBB Mojo that the Miss Snippy Pants at work finds someone else to pick on.

:54:

MontrealMum
10-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Just wanted to send you a twisty straw for your rum :54: Though I will share this...shhh...my mom likes ICE in her wine, and in a pinch, it's really not that bad. As long as the wine isn't too fancy :p As pp have said, try to focus on the positive...you had an interview (not easy to get these days!), you've got a new place to live, a daycare spot...it will get better. It always does for determined women like you :)

elektra
10-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Just wanted to send you a twisty straw for your rum :54: Though I will share this...shhh...my mom likes ICE in her wine, and in a pinch, it's really not that bad. As long as the wine isn't too fancy :p )
My mom does this same exact thing too! :ROTFLMAO: And I admit I have tried it at home too before.

MontrealMum
10-28-2009, 12:07 AM
My mom does this same exact thing too! :ROTFLMAO: And I admit I have tried it at home too before.
Sooo embarrassing...but when there aren't many options... :D

tnrnchick74
10-28-2009, 05:18 AM
After the day you had, even warm wine would be good!! You poor thing! Job hunting is like sales--throw enough spaghetti against a wall and something will stick. You never know what jobs might open up. Be sure to write a nice hand written thank you note to the person who interviewed you. I have hired people a couple of months after an initial interview--the other person didn't work out or we had a new position open.

You are doing such a good job, mamma!!

:thumbsup: Thank you sent...

tnrnchick74
10-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Thanks everyone...I ended up having a small rum & "juice" and then went to bed. Woke up to a sick baby boy puking his guts out. We are heading to the urgent care now as he's throwing up bloody tinged vomit now. Probably jsut gastritis from all the vomitting (he's done this before hence not rushing to the ER). Sigh.

Petty people at work WILL get theirs...they always do. I'm just trying to keep my head down, get my work done, and talk to as few people as possible.

newnana
10-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Keep your chin up. You are an amazing, strong momma.

At work I live in my mp3 player because of the harpies I sit with that are full of caustic vibe. I take the same approach as you, keep my head down, do my job well.

Congratulations on how far you've come. This will have to do for a standing ovation, you certainly deserve one: :bighand: Having an interview is huge! Good for you for sending the thank you note. It matters. And you are amazing for all the rest you've been able to accomplish in such a short amount of time.

I agree with the spaghetti approach to job applications. You can do this.

Sorry you're little one is sick. Give your little fella lots of hugs today. You can do this.

Sending you more BBB mojo!!

purpleeyes
10-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks everyone...I ended up having a small rum & "juice" and then went to bed. Woke up to a sick baby boy puking his guts out. We are heading to the urgent care now as he's throwing up bloody tinged vomit now. Probably jsut gastritis from all the vomitting (he's done this before hence not rushing to the ER). Sigh.

Petty people at work WILL get theirs...they always do. I'm just trying to keep my head down, get my work done, and talk to as few people as possible.

Hope you guys are doing better!!

stefani
10-28-2009, 10:59 PM
O my goodness! :grouphug: Sending you P & PT that tomorrow will be a much better day!

almostamom
10-29-2009, 12:00 AM

Just wanted to check in and see how Parker (and you) are doing now. Hang in there, sweetie. This too shall pass...and in the meantime, I'll pass the twisty straw to you!

Hugs,
Linda

tnrnchick74
10-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Just wanted to check in and see how Parker (and you) are doing now. Hang in there, sweetie. This too shall pass...and in the meantime, I'll pass the twisty straw to you!

Hugs,
Linda

DS is doing ok - still vomitting. Apparently he was puking so hard he was getting nosebleeds - hence the blood in the vomit. I THOUGHT the fever broke and he was fine...took him to daycare this morning and proceeded to work only to get a call that I needed to come back and pick him up for vomitting again. Sigh. I'm sure work LOVED me calling out late 2 days in a row. I'm probably going to end up fired. I don't know what else to do though - if he's sick, I can't take him to daycare. And my Mom & Aunt were both working today, so I had no backup!