PDA

View Full Version : She's almost potty trained!!!

mariadm
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't want this to be offensive to anyone...sorry for the little details. OMG!! I think we are getting very close to dumping the diapers...yeah!! I started potty training her since she was 14 months...she's almost 2 now. I guess the average time it takes is 8 months. We have had rough times, but I never pushed, b/c I realized that she was still young to do it, but just wanted to prepare her since it takes so long. So now she remembers if she needs to go most of the times and she goes dry for hrs and wants to wear the diaper as a pull up - just picture that in your mind...it's funny. She does not want to lay down for diapers anymore...!! I have to admit that she was pretty terrified the first time she went and saw that in the potty...she was scared thinking that she did something wrong, so after that she went 2 days w/o wanting to use the potty until I made up a game of let's say bye, bye to...!(in the toilet!). And, now it's fun, but we were in the store the other day and all she kept yelling was bye, bye...! I thought it was funny, but I was a bit embarassed at the same time...you know the looks from shoppers!! I am so excited she used the big potty and hers and is not afraid...I am so proud of her:boogie: