PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have issues with dishes not drying in a stainless dishwasher?

gordo
10-27-2009, 10:27 PM
I just got a new LG stainless dishwasher and the dishes are not coming up completely dry - even after sitting for a while. Plastic especially stays very wet! Is this common with stainless?

niccig
10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Very common with plastic dishes. I don't like using the heated dry, so I crack the door a little when the cycle is done, or I put the plastic dishes/cups on a towel on the counter to finish drying. Even then, the plastic can take a while. Probably quicker to take a towel and dry them myself. But I'm lazy.

gatorsmom
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think that the problem is necessarily that the dishwasher is stainless steel. We had to replace our old dishwasher a year ago and it was stainless. It did a poor job drying (that's not why we replaced it). OUr new one is stainless too and does a much better job. I have no complaints.

My DH swears up and down that the dishes and plastics dry better if you add rinse aid, but I don't and they turn out fine.

lchang25000
10-27-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't think that the problem is necessarily that the dishwasher is stainless steel.

:yeahthat: