PDA

View Full Version : Gift for 11-year-old boy?

sariana
10-28-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm looking for ideas for Christmas for my nephew, who turned 11 last August. Last year we gave him a video game cartridge, which I think was a hit. Two years ago we kind of copped out and gave him an iTunes gift card b/c we knew he was getting a iPod.

I just don't know what 11-year-old boys are into.

We're looking for something around $15 (I know, we're cheap) but could go a bit higher for something great.

TIA!

TwinFoxes
10-28-2009, 06:22 AM
If he's into sports, a jersey was always popular with my DN. But it would most likely be more than $15. Maybe a team t-shirt? Also, we got him a gift subscription to magazines, which he also liked. One was Sports Illustrated Kids, which I think doesn't exist before, and the other was Smithsonian Kids, which I think does.

hbridge
10-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Rubix Cube, Kikkerland Bug (on of my goto gifts this year, www.kikkerlandshop.com), Science Kit, Movie Tickets...

daphne
10-28-2009, 06:56 AM
My 11yo nephew loves gift cards. I'd just round up to $20 & get him a gc.

KrisM
10-28-2009, 07:50 AM
I'd probably do a gift card. My nephew turned 11 this month. His list consisted of expensive Nerf guns, expensive Lego, and other big items. We did the gift card to Target so that he could combine them and get one of the bigger items he wanted.

Jen841
10-28-2009, 10:19 AM
My nephew loves sports and reads this cover to cover each month.

A GC to a sports store I know he would love.

He loves anything for his favorite teams.

He is really into the Guiness World Records type books too. Maybe buy some with a gift receipt just in case he has them?

frgsnlzrds
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
My DS will be 11 soon. I recommend a GameStop gift card or nerf guns.

vonfirmath
10-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Once kids get that old, I tend to do gift cards unless I'm absolutely sure what they would like.

sariana
10-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I might end up doing a gift card. But I like the idea of movie tickets. He's probably old enough to start going to movies alone with his friends, right?

Of course I would check with SIL first. And find out what theater chains they have nearby.