PDA

View Full Version : Best way to touch up chipped furniture?

Globetrotter
10-28-2009, 04:44 AM
We bought a second hand bedroom set for DD. It's a good brand, solid wood painted white, but it has some minor cosmetic flaws. I need to touch up some areas where the paint has peeled. What's the best way to do this?

Snow mom
10-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Some brands sell touch up paint--try the manufacturer. This would be ideal because hopefully it would match. I'd still try first in a small, inconspicuous spot. If you can't get touch up paint the next best option would be to bring a small piece for color matching. If I've learned one thing over the years, it's that "white" isn't white. You'll also need to match the sheen as best as possible (i.e., is the paint flat or glossy). The third option (and we did this when we wanted to add trim to our house but didn't know what color the existing trim was) is to get a bunch of paint chips at a paint store and bring them home and really look at the various whites on your furniture. I suppose the fourth option is repainting the entire set, but I doubt you want to do that for minor cosmetic issues.

Globetrotter
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Great idea! I will call the manufacturer (Stanley, so it's a good brand and I'm sure they will have something..). Thanks!