PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought a refurbished dyson and which one is best for carpet?

jess_g
10-28-2009, 09:34 AM
I am thinking about finaly giving up on my Hoover and getting a dyson. Any advice on which one is best for wall to wall carpet? And if its a good or bad idea to buy a refurbished one and where to buy one? I saw from another post that the dyson website sells them refurbished. Would this be the best way to buy one?

Thanks,

Jessica.

nfowife
10-28-2009, 09:57 AM
I have a refurbished one, we got it about 3 1/2 years ago so I don't remember where I got it anymore (but it wasn't direct from dyson). We LOVE that thing. It is awesome with the suction. I had 2 dogs at the time and the amount of hair it sucked up was amazing (almost as amazing as the amount of hair the dogs shed on a daily basis- ugh!). Anyhow, we just have the original basic model and it works just fine on hard floors and carpet. Love it! No problems with our refurbished model whatsoever.

lchang25000
10-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I don't have a reburbished Dyson, but we love our yellow ball Dyson for both hardwood and carpet. We got ours on sale at Target for $299, reg. price $399.

kep
10-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Where do you buy a refurbished Dyson?

♥ms.pacman♥
10-28-2009, 10:26 AM
i don't have a refurbished Dyson, but i have the Dyson Animal and it's the best vacuum i have ever owned. Most of our house has extremely thick carpeting and the dyson works like a charm. I got mine from Sears but I think Target also sells Dysons for decent price. It is definitely worth the money IMO.

LightMayo
10-28-2009, 12:54 PM
I also have the Dyson Animal. I bought it for $249 from woot.com when it was offered. It was refurbished, and we have not had any problems since purchasing it a year ago.

codex57
10-28-2009, 12:54 PM
I read somewhere that if you have the thicker, shag like carpeting, the earlier DYson's can cause some damage cuz they were designed for European carpets which resemble commercial carpet. DC17 models and newer supposedly fixed it so they're more appropriate for the American market.

Dysons are really all the same. The only diff btw the models are the various attachments and colors. Real differences occur in the different model #s. Like DC07 vs DC14 vs DC17, etc. You want the newest model you can get cuz each newer model # got noticeable improvements. Of course, the DC07 (the original one) still blew me away compared to vacs like a Hoover.

I know Oreck claims to be in the same league as Dyson, but my 2 yr old can create more suction thru a straw than an Oreck.

caleymama
10-28-2009, 01:27 PM
I bought a refurbished Dyson Animal (DC 14) from amazon 3+ years ago. It looked & seemed brand new when we got it and it's been working great ever since. We have a mix of hardwood w/ area rugs, tile, and carpet only upstairs. I think it's fantastic on all of them.

alexsmommy
10-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Love it - got from woot.com. I have the allergy one which has been great on carpet.