PDA

View Full Version : Spin off question on bday parties and h1n1

neeter
10-28-2009, 10:28 AM
My son's bday is coming up in a few months, and we're about to book an off-site birthday party. I'm starting to hesitate because of H1N1, especially not sure how it will be a few months from now.

Will people want to go to an indoor play area in the middle of winter? Usually our experience has been yes, parents love to be able let their kids run around! But not sure how the flu complicates it... Should I wait, or should I book? Or maybe we should do a smaller home party instead....?

set81616
10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
I think in a few months everyone will either have had the flu, the vaccine or not be so worried about it. I would book but you might be able to get a clause in your contract with an out for the flu.
Shannon

almostmom
10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I just sent out invites for my kids to go to a bouncy house place. On the website they highlight their cleaning techniques and how they work to disinfect the place between groups. If people don't feel comfortable with that, then that's their option to not come.

I just went to a gymnastics party this weekend for DS's K class, and everyone in the class came - all 18 kids! So even though H1N1 is going around (I'm in MA), people didn't turn down the party in fear.

I just don't think there is another option for winter birthday parties in cold areas if your house isn't big enough!