PDA

View Full Version : ACK! woke up this morning spotting!

AnnieW625
10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Not what I needed at all esp. since today is the ultra sound and I am a little anxious. Last night I went on a three mile walk in the wind and pushed my daughter in the stroller. I honestly felt okay. Then after we were done I picked her up out of her stroller. I am pretty active so it didn't seem to out of the ordinary for me. Probably not the smartest move. I am crossing my fingers that is what did it. I did check web md for pregnancy spotting and it says that it can happen at 12+ weeks (I am appx. 12 w 2 days) because of placenta previa (I had that with Elisa until around 30 weeks) so I am seriously hoping it is that, and web md says it could get worse as you get older and if you've had a D&E (or IUD), which I did with #2 (at 25 or so weeks). I've had zero cramping so that's what makes this odd.

Also can spotting be normal? This is the first time with any of my three pregnancies in which this has happened.

arivecchi
10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh no! Hugs. :hug: I hope everything is fine and am glad you have your appt today. Just to let you know, I had significant bleeding around week 12 with DS1. The ER nurses thought I was for sure having a miscarriage. He is obviously fine and to this day I have no idea why that happened. Keep us posted.

JTsMom
10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Yes, spotting is very very common- I think something like 30% of women have it for no apparent reason. Hopefully you'll go in and see everything is perfect today. :hug:

I had light spotting with Jason, and I've had the tiniest amount this time too. Actually, on the day of my last u/s, I saw one little dot in the a.m.

brittone2
10-28-2009, 11:28 AM
I've spotted in my previous 2 pregnancies. I did crinone (vaginal progesterone) in those pregnancies and that made things more irritable, so when I'd have a transvag. US or sex w/ DH, I'd often spot afterward.

This time around no low progesterone, but at my 9 week dating US they saw a small subchorionic hematoma (little blood clot) and said it was nothing to be concerned about really, but that I shouldn't be surprised if I saw a little spotting. Fortunately I only had really mild brown spotting about a week or two later, so nothing alarming. Many SCH moms actually end up with *substantial* bleeding, but even then, SCHs usually resolve on their own and do just fine. That's one of many pretty benign causes of bleeding in the first trimester.

Thinking of you. At least you will get some reassurance ASAP from your US. But yeah, many women spot and are totally fine in pregnancy :hug:

lchang25000
10-28-2009, 11:32 AM
I had spotting here and there from weeks 8-12 and everything was ok. Hopefully everything will turn out fine for you too.

ciw
10-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Yep, another spotter here. The doctors didn't bat an eye when it happened during the first and second trimesters because it is so common. So I'm guessing you're fine. It wasn't until I began spotting regularly during the last trimester that they became concerned. I had to go to the ob/gyn 2-3 times a week every week for the entire third trimester so they could monitor the baby's movements. They were sure he was going to arrive early but it all turned out just fine. He came just two weeks ahead of time.

Enjoy your ultrasound -- hopefully it will provide you with reassurance!

Tondi G
10-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I had a sub chorionic bleed (clot I guess) with my 2nd DS (after 2 mc's) and it was very scary but all was well with baby. Mine was more than just spotting.

Hopefully it is nothing to worry about.... glad you already have an U/S scheduled for today... it'll be reassuring to know that your little one is ok in there!

Melaine
10-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I also spotted for no apparent reason (although I've heard multiples are more likely to cause spotting). Hope everything is ok with you too!

elektra
10-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Sending positive vibes to you. At least you have your ultrasound today. I had not only spotting but major bleeding (like a huge gush of blood) with DD #1 at around 7 weeks and she turned out fine. Hopefully the ultrasound will show that everything is A-OK.

mecawa
10-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I spotted with DD1 off and on for the first three months, and she is of course fine. It can be very nerve wrecking, I would mention it to your doctor and see what he or she can tell you.

AnnieW625
10-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks so much! I have had a little minor brown spotting for most of this pregnancy, but this is the first time it was actually red so that's why I was a little freaked out.

MamaMolly
10-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Huge huge P & PT on the way. I hope you just over did it yesterday. How lucky that you already have an US for today, though! I know you are a little nervous about the US anyway, so extra hugs are coming! :grouphug:

mytwosons
10-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I had spotting around the end of week 13. They said my cervix had gotten irratated...

Sending P&PT your way!

JTsMom
10-28-2009, 12:17 PM
What time is your appt?

happymom
10-28-2009, 12:18 PM
:hug: P&PT! Let us know how the US goes!

arivecchi
10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
:hug: P&PT! Let us know how the US goes!:yeahthat: I'm anxious to know what happens BBB friend!

Hallie_D
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Hope all is well. Just wanted to chime in that I had heavy (like a heavy period) bleeding from week 12-14 while pregnant with DS#1, and they never found a cause. I also had bright red spotting around 12 weeks while pregnant with DD, after exercising.

bubbaray
10-28-2009, 12:51 PM
I had heavy bleeding with DD#1 right around 10w. I had spotting with DD#2, but can't remember when it started or when it stopped.

GL -- let us know how the u/s goes!

sste
10-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Try not to worry. Spotting can be very normal. Keep us posted!

Fairy
10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh no! Mojo'ing for you!!!! Spotting can be normal, and as you see alot of people get this. But still, I'm sending you PT!! :hug:

Carrots
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm another spotter. I had a SCH when I was pg with my triplets and then I bled on and off throughout my entire first trimester with DD.

I am hoping to hear a positive update after your u/s. Many hugs.

Seitvonzu
10-28-2009, 01:19 PM
no btdt, but i'm sorry this happened to you-- how scary! hopefully everything is okay and you'll have a good u/s update soon :)

Laurel
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Mojo your way. Let us know the ultrasound update.

citymama
10-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Sending major P&PT your way and keeping fingers crossed the spotting goes away. I had some earlier in the pregnancy that lasted 3-4 days. I seriously took it easy from the time I saw the spotting - not bed rest, but no lifting, minimal exercise, and extra sleep. Try and take it easy the next week if you can. All the best with the u/s.

Kitten007
10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Sending positive vibes and can't wait to hear how "boring/uneventful" (as the techs call it) your US was!!!

ThreeofUs
10-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Oh, no! I know how concerning this can be. Sending + thoughts your way. Have a great u/s!

AnnieW625
10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Well the spotting is all but gone now and still no cramping. I went on a very light walk on my lunch hour and no spotting. Quite happy, but most definitely mentioning it to my midwife at appt. Thanks again.

KrisM
10-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Good to hear!

shawnandangel
10-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Good to hear. Let us know how your ultrasound goes!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I spotted for the first few months around the time of my normal monthly cycle. No issues in my pregnancy. PT's!

Melaine
10-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear things are better.