PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on Teachers/Bus Drivers, etc., for Christmas?

Corie
10-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Just curious as to how much you spend for Christmas gifts for your
kids' teachers.

I have 7 gifts to buy-

*My son's 3 preschool teachers

*My son's speech therapist

*My daughter's teacher

*My daughter's bus driver and bus monitor

mecawa
10-28-2009, 12:04 PM
I spend about 25-30 dollars per school teacher and about 10-15 dollars for extracurricullar teachers (dance, skating, swim, etc.)

I have my daughters two teachers and her dance teacher so far for this year so that's only three.

bnme
10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
I usually spend between $15-20 per teacher, depending how much I like them and what I can find. If there is a group gift I just do that. I have given customizable stamps, Starbucks gc's, and B&N gc's. I usually do $15 for the gift cards. If there is an assistant I like I may give a small token gift like chocolates or ornament. And always a card made by kids and note from me.

Last year the bus drivers got $5 or $10 Dunkin Donut gc's. I gave more to the kindy bus driver since she really put in an extra effort with the little kids. I will do the same this year.

When DS was in speech I gave the same thing I bought for the teachers to her. If he (hopefully) starts up speech again I will do the same. I may do a bit less since the time spent is much more limited in elementary school then when going during preschool. Right now DS sees an aide for 1/2 hour weekly plus two 15 minute push-in sessions for reading help. I think she will get one of the $10 magazine gift subscriptions I bought from the PTO fund raiser.

SnuggleBuggles
10-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Main teacher- about $20
aides and specials- $5-10 (usually $5)
bus driver- $10 (but depends on the driver. No plans to do a gift this year)

Beth

Elilly
10-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Hmm... I guess I'm cheap, because I usually do 10-15 each!

almostamom
10-28-2009, 02:28 PM
It depends on the teacher. For private speech and OT I spend $20-25, and for his other teachers, aides, and therapists at public school around $15-20 (there are 5 of them). DS has had one particular teacher for 3 years that we are very close to, and I spend $50 - $75 on her.

Linda

Puddy73
10-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Hmm... I guess I'm cheap, because I usually do 10-15 each!

I'm in the cheap club, too. With several kids, it really adds up and our budget is very tight this year.

infomama
10-28-2009, 03:25 PM
I spent $20 on Dd1's K teacher and will go that again at the end of the year. Already have my gifts chosen for her from Etsy. Dd2 does a little toddler class but I'm not doing a gift for her...once a week for one hour and she kind of just coordinates the whole thing....we stay the whole class.