PDA

View Full Version : Grossest Baby Care Item EVER

MamaMolly
10-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Saw this, started gagging. Any reviews? I admire your commitment if you have one. And use it.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Aspirator-Vacuum-Suction-Pigeon/dp/B0015TM0M6/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_img_b

happymom
10-28-2009, 03:55 PM
:barf: ugh.

tnrnchick74
10-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, um no. I will continue to use a bulb syringe or battery operated nasal aspirator

Nechums
10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
For some reason, my internet crashes everytime Amazon opens up, but I was able to see the product for a split second and I think it's similar to a product I've been using. We bought it overseas and it's great. I know it looks kind of gross, but it's much more gentle than the bulb and you don't actually suck any of the snot into your mouth -- it gets caught in a separate container. Hard to explain, but great product.

lchang25000
10-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I have a few friends who have it and they swear it's better than using anything else. Seems like the majority of the reviews are very good.

ThreeofUs
10-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I have a few friends who have it and they swear it's better than using anything else. Seems like the majority of the reviews are very good.

:yeahthat: I've never been able to find it, but have friends who swear by it, too.

truly scrumptious
10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
I remember my mom telling me that when I was a baby she would clear my nose herself (I know, sounds gross.) I used to think, "I can't imagine loving anyone enough to do that." But now that DS is here, I find it is not completely out of the realm of possibility...
In the meantime, I'll enjoy our battery operated gizmo - what luxury!

kayte
10-28-2009, 04:50 PM
This is originally a Swedish gadget. My MIL wonder why we didn't have one ...

We wound up with the Bebesound Nasal Clear instead. It's battery operated (no sucking with your own mouth!!!) and provided you sue the right tip to fit your baby's nose it works GREAT!

sansdieu
10-28-2009, 05:59 PM
"Pigeonbaby"... The package alone is worth the $17.
Are battery-operated nasal aspirators better than regular garden-variety bulb syringes? Are they worth the extra $$$?

kayte
10-28-2009, 06:06 PM
"
Are battery-operated nasal aspirators better than regular garden-variety bulb syringes? Are they worth the extra $$$?

Here's why I thought so... with the bulb you don't get it all at one go and you have to go back, some times several times. I was lucky to get one shot at both nostrils with my DD. With the electronic one...it sucks continuously--and you can see what you are getting as it goes into a little clear container attached to it. You can suck until it stops producing on that side.

Aishe
10-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I use the Nosefrida, which looks like the same concept.

http://www.amazon.com/Nosefrida-NoseFrida-Nasal-Aspirator/dp/B00171WXII/

Love this thing! Seriously, I've become a total evangelist for it. I know it looks gross, but it's really not. There's a filter that prevents anything from reaching your mouth. I have never felt even remotely at risk of that happening. It is so much more effective than the bulb aspirators, and it seems to be a lot less traumatizing to the baby. My ds giggles when he sees it coming. So yeah, it looks gross, but if it means I don't have to listen to my baby scream while I try and try and try again to aspirate snot out . . . well, I'll take it.

randomkid
10-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I'd take that over this option - saw this at our Science Center when I took DD there. They had an exhibit called Grossology - all about gross things with your body, why and how things work.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/randomkidfl/P1010001.jpg

happymom
10-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Here's why I thought so... with the bulb you don't get it all at one go and you have to go back, some times several times. I was lucky to get one shot at both nostrils with my DD. With the electronic one...it sucks continuously--and you can see what you are getting as it goes into a little clear container attached to it. You can suck until it stops producing on that side.

That sounds good actually. It would be REALLY cool if they made disposable containers so after you finish sucking out all the yucky stuff, you can just throw it out instead of cleaning it!

kep
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Hee, hee! Here's part of one of the reviews:

The first time I tried it I was ready for her to cry and pitch a fit but nothing happened. My husband held her upright and talked to her and she smiled and cooed the whole time. Believe it or not, I had seen a device similar to this on the show Dirty Jobs (used to collect Turkey semen) so I already understood how it worked and knew I wasn't going to get anything yucky in my mouth.

I think it sounds pretty cool. (Although it sure looks gross.) Great, one more thing I "have" to have. :ROTFLMAO:

nov04
10-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Gross in concept, yes. But i would have happily used it if I'd been able to get my hands on one for the kids.