PDA

View Full Version : I want to talk to a human being.

SkyrMommy
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Press 1...
Press 4...
Enter this code...
Enter that code...
Press 3... opps... not an option...
Press 1...

Waaaaaaaaaa! DD is now crying because it's taken so long to get to an 'on hold a customer service representative will be with you shortly'!

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! :irked: Seriously I only had a simple question/problem. Couldn't find an answer on the company website... so tried the 800 number.

This is why I try to deal with as many smaller, local companies as possible. Half the time in my community you know the person who is answering the phone!

o_mom
10-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Check out this post... http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=339214 (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=339214&highlight=human)

SkyrMommy
10-28-2009, 04:31 PM
:signthankspin:

Maybe next time some of the ideas will help me keep my patience!

sariana
10-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I didn't look at both links in the other post, but sometimes you can try pressing '0' or '00.' It doesn't always work, but it is worth a try.

MamaMolly
10-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I secretly think that by making you press all those numbers you actually end up calling their call center in India. You just dial one number at a time. Press 1, press 7, press 4....on and on until you've actually dialed the 10 or 15 digits necessary. Ok, only kidding, but you never know ;)

infocrazy
10-28-2009, 11:45 PM
i secretly think that by making you press all those numbers you actually end up calling their call center in india. You just dial one number at a time. Press 1, press 7, press 4....on and on until you've actually dialed the 10 or 15 digits necessary. Ok, only kidding, but you never know ;)

:rotflmao:

SkyrMommy
10-29-2009, 08:42 AM
I secretly think that by making you press all those numbers you actually end up calling their call center in India. You just dial one number at a time. Press 1, press 7, press 4....on and on until you've actually dialed the 10 or 15 digits necessary. Ok, only kidding, but you never know ;)

:hysterical: Although with the amount of numbers I had to press I think I ended up calling the moon!

frgsnlzrds
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
If it's a press the button call, usually 0 gets an operator, but if it's one of those say the number calls, I find that screaming help, operator, or human usually does the trick.

Indianamom2
10-29-2009, 02:00 PM
AMEN!

I attempted to call about my newborn's missing social security card (never received one). Got directed to the 1-800 social security line. First automated question asked for the SSN of the person for whom you were calling. Okay...he doesn't have one, that's why I'm calling. How in the heck can I give it to you?

Over and over, it asks the same question...never with the option of talking to a human. Eventually it says something to the effect of "This seems to be a hard question for you...let's skip it and move on!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And these people want to run my healthcare?

Christina