PDA

View Full Version : Looking for smaller (but not mini) cribs

KLTA
10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
DB's room will be quite small with angled ceilings, and I'm trying to find a crib that doesn't look quite so bulky or go quite so high. I don't think I want a mini crib, and the only brand I've found so far (DaVinci's Babyletto) is nice looking but gets terrible reviews in Baby Bargains. Has anyone found a lower profile, less obtrusive crib they could recommend? Thanks, all!

twowhat?
10-28-2009, 05:51 PM
IKEA cribs are much shorter (lower to the ground)/smaller footprint than regular cribs but will fit a standard crib mattress. We have the Gulliver cribs and love them.

the2bobs
11-06-2009, 12:02 AM
I was going to suggest the IKEA Gulliver crib, too. We bought that for DS2. DS1 got a really nice expensive Mother Hubbard crib that he has destroyed by eating it so DS2 got the cheap crib. It's so much smaller, it took us a while to get used to it but we really like the simplicity of the Gulliver.

gobadgers
11-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Another IKEA convert - DD got a nice(r) crib from Babies R Us, DS got one from IKEA for 1/3 the price.

It takes up very little space considering it fits the standard crib mattress.

We also have a mini-crib at my parents house. While we've been happy with it, it's definitely not as sturdy and I'm not sure I would have wanted to use it full-time.

Good luck!