PDA

View Full Version : What baby doll?

ajmom
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
DD has a Corolle baby doll (Cailin?), but it got left in a bag and got wet and it's all mildewy now. I am thinking about getting her a new one for Christmas.

DD just turned 3. I'm not sure if I should get her an "older" baby or a baby baby. :) I've heard good things about the Stella doll, and I saw that Corolle has several new options.

Any suggestions?

Melaine
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
My girls just turned 3 also. Baby Stella was a short term hit for us, but they really haven't done much with them in awhile. I think they are more for younger ones. The Bitty Twins have gotten a lot of love over the last couple months but it was a special trip to buy them at the AG Atlanta store so that is probably part of the appeal. They also still play with their Calins sometimes and I still really like those because they are washable (in fact, I would probably try to get the mildew out if you haven't already).

bubbaray
10-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Corolle vanilla doll is a hit here, along with Calins and the Bitty Twins.

ohiomom1121
10-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Corolle Lila is DD's favorite. (She cries and laughs, which DD loves) She likes her Bitty Baby a lot too, but doesn't play much with the bitty twins except when she wants to "style" hair she'll pull the girl twin out!

catpagmo
10-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Corolle Baby Charmeur is DD's favorite doll. She got it when she turned 2, and has loved it ever since. I found it on Amazon for about $29 around xmas time. She also has a Madame Alexander doll that she plays with occasionally.

egoldber
10-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Amy just turned 3 and she likes dolls of all types. I don't think you can go wrong with any Corolle or AG baby doll. She also adores "tiny" baby dolls, that she can carry around. We have a Penelope Peapod and a couple of very small Target babies and she loves those.

Melaine
10-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Amy just turned 3 and she likes dolls of all types. I don't think you can go wrong with any Corolle or AG baby doll. She also adores "tiny" baby dolls, that she can carry around. We have a Penelope Peapod and a couple of very small Target babies and she loves those.

My girls seem fascinated by Penelope Peapod at the store, but I really don't think I could take the price. The little bassinet/purse does seem to be a toddler magnet though!

egoldber
10-29-2009, 08:10 AM
You know I bought it years ago through a coop, so it was not that expensive. I would not pay full price!!!!

Melaine
10-29-2009, 08:11 AM
You know I bought it years ago through a coop, so it was not that expensive. I would not pay full price!!!!

I would have been disappointed in you if you had.:p

amandabea
10-29-2009, 09:24 AM
We're getting our almost 3yo DD a Corelle doll - the red hair Vanilla doll - for Christmas and I think she will be much loved. She currently has several babies - Corelle Tidoo (Sadie) who stays in the tub or is "Daddy's baby", Corelle Calin (Molly) who is "Mommy's baby", the FP little mommy baby (Zoe) that came with a cradle, stroller, and carseat is "DD's baby", and a Penelope Peapod baby (whose name I never remember) who does not get much play.

ajmom
10-29-2009, 09:16 PM
My girls just turned 3 also. Baby Stella was a short term hit for us, but they really haven't done much with them in awhile. I think they are more for younger ones. The Bitty Twins have gotten a lot of love over the last couple months but it was a special trip to buy them at the AG Atlanta store so that is probably part of the appeal. They also still play with their Calins sometimes and I still really like those because they are washable (in fact, I would probably try to get the mildew out if you haven't already).

I had no idea it was washable. How would I go about this? Toss it in the washer?

ajmom
10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Why are all the Corolle dolls mentioned here upwards of $50?! I think I paid around $30 for the Calin. Are they discontinued or something? I never thought I'd think AG was reasonable, but that Bitty Baby is looking better and better.

athompson
10-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Toss it in the wash in a pillow case (tied) or a lingerie bag. Wash on delicate and then air dry.
I too LOVE that they are washable.

I had no idea it was washable. How would I go about this? Toss it in the washer?

Melbel
10-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Why are all the Corolle dolls mentioned here upwards of $50?! I think I paid around $30 for the Calin. Are they discontinued or something? I never thought I'd think AG was reasonable, but that Bitty Baby is looking better and better.

Amazon.com has the Corolle Mon Premier Calin Candy Pink - 12" Doll for $24.16:
http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Premier-Calin-Candy-Pink/dp/B0013FL21M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1256868600&sr=8-2

bubbaray
10-29-2009, 10:17 PM

The Vanilla dolls are around the same size as the BT and around the same price (BT are around $100 for 2 IIRC). Both the BT and the Vanilla dolls are quite a bit bigger than Calin/Tidoo

egoldber
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
OK, first, I just went to liveandlearn.com (because they the most comprehensive Corolle lineup) and WHY has no one told me about the MiniCalin and the MiniReve!!!! And they are only $12. :) Much better than Penelope Peapod.

But kidsurplus.com often has the best price on Corolle dolls.

ajmom
10-29-2009, 11:33 PM
The Vanilla dolls are around the same size as the BT and around the same price (BT are around $100 for 2 IIRC). Both the BT and the Vanilla dolls are quite a bit bigger than Calin/Tidoo
But you only get 1 vanilla instead of 2 of the twins, right?

egoldber
10-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Are you anywhere near the AG store in Texas? You can buy one twin at the store.

fivi2
10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
My girls seem fascinated by Penelope Peapod at the store, but I really don't think I could take the price. The little bassinet/purse does seem to be a toddler magnet though!

My stepmother bought the girls Penelope last year because they were in love at the store (when stepmother was present). They LOVE the bassinet, but don't like the doll. She is honestly kind of creepy looking IMO. We have another small doll (Target?) that sleeps in the bassinet sometimes, but mostly mini Mickey mouse sleeps there (and wears Penelope's clothes) ... Anyway, the bassinet is one of our best loved toys, but not the doll.

To OP, I have seen a few Corolle dolls at my Tuesday Morning recently, not sure which ones they are. I think there are Madame Alexander's at Costco this season.

bubbaray
10-30-2009, 09:46 AM
But you only get 1 vanilla instead of 2 of the twins, right?

Vanilla dolls are around $50 each, BT are around $100 for 2 (so $50 each).