PDA

View Full Version : Bitty Baby or Bitty Twins?

lhafer
10-28-2009, 07:43 PM
In February, our second daughter will be born. My DD #1 turns 4 in March.

I was wanting to get DD #1 a special doll for her when the baby was born. I was thinking about getting the Bitty Baby doll with the starter pack so she has her "own" baby to take care of. But would she do better with the twins? I don't want to get her the older dolls just yet - we are a few years away from that. But I have heard great things about the Bitty Baby doll, and that they hold up really well. I think she would like to change the diaper, carry it around in the back pack, etc. Plus I can get accessories for the baby that will be similiar to her baby sister's stuff (little pack n play, high chair, cradle, etc).

What are your thoughts?

bubbaray
10-28-2009, 07:45 PM
They are the same size and can wear the same outfits, fit in the same accessories. Basically, do you want her to have a doll with hair or not?

We have the BT and like them.

traciann
10-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Bitty Baby all the way. My dd was 3.5 when her sister was born, and she really got into playing baby right along side of me. We have the bb diaper bag which is adorable and has alot of fun accessories. We also have the changing table and it is set up right next to mine and she often would change bitty baby right along side of me. She even insists on taking her diaper bag and stroller out and about because she wants to be like me. She is getting more accessories for christmas because she really, really loves bitty baby. She doesn't have any interest in the Bitty Twins, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if she did.

egoldber
10-29-2009, 07:06 AM
BB is much more "baby-ish". The BTs are more like toddler dolls. I like them both and my kids like both.

lhafer
10-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Well, I asked her last night (looking the AG website) which one she liked better - Bitty Baby or the twins. She kept pointing to the Blonde twin girl doll.

I still think the baby is precious, but I guess it's up to her. I still think she would like the baby once DD#2 is born. I guess I can get the baby now, and if she's still interested in the twins, I can get them for next christmas.

veronica
10-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, I asked her last night (looking the AG website) which one she liked better - Bitty Baby or the twins. She kept pointing to the Blonde twin girl doll.

I still think the baby is precious, but I guess it's up to her. I still think she would like the baby once DD#2 is born. I guess I can get the baby now, and if she's still interested in the twins, I can get them for next christmas.
'
We could trade DD's for the holidays. Mine is desperate for baby but I prefer the twins!

bubbaray
10-29-2009, 01:00 PM
She kept pointing to the Blonde twin girl doll.

Get her the twin doll she wants. Trust me on this.

The Review Mommy
10-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Yes, I agree. Get her the one she wants. You can buy just one doll if you'd like. I've seen them on ebay. My DD1 likes both but DD2 clear favorite is the girl Twin doll. She wont even look at bitty baby. She's got a strong personality...;P

Melanie
10-30-2009, 01:48 AM
At age 4 I'd get her one twin (you can buy them individually at the store) b/c my Dd really enjoys brushing the hair. Plus her baby sister will have hair very quickly and not be bald forever, but bitty will be. ;) She will fit all the same accessories as the baby.