PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to a yard sale

Melaine
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
on Halloween? If the weather was good? I realize that I should've done this months ago, but just thinking about having a last minute small sale Sat. Wondering if people will be too busy on the holiday or if they are more likely to be out and about....For some reason I think that November seems like a really bad time to do it.

Momof3Labs
10-28-2009, 10:08 PM
No, probably not. People have parties to attend, excited kids, etc. Unless you do it later in the day and try to catch parents taking their kids TOT'ing - not sure how well that would work, though!

vonfirmath
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
I'd go. Be delighted to. Nothing starts until the evening anyway. We're thinking of going to the children's museum in the morning.

randomkid
10-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't. Too many people do costumes, buy accessories, etc at the last minute. You might get older people, but if you have baby stuff, that wouldn't be your market. I'd wait. For us, November has always been a very good time to have it. People are starting to think about Christmas and those who have financial issues definitely buy Christmas gifts at garage/yard sales. We have a neighborhood garage sale every year and it has always been in Nov. Last year, they moved it to Oct - this year it's back in Nov. Besides, what difference will one week make? Have it the first weekend in Nov.

kijip
10-28-2009, 10:32 PM
I agree that I would do the first week in November.

mom2binsd
10-28-2009, 10:33 PM
If it's a nice morning I'd go, TOT isn't till later!

jgenie
10-28-2009, 10:50 PM
I would wait another week and do it in November.

tmarie
10-28-2009, 11:36 PM
No--I think we'll be carving pumpkins and prepping for our exciting afternoon/evening.

tmarie

Melaine
10-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks! I'm glad to hear November isn't a bad idea. I will probably try for one week or two. Thanks for the input.

JTsMom
10-29-2009, 10:23 AM
We're doing one that first weekend in Nov. too.

KpbS
10-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I had one with a friend once on a Sat. that happened to be the same day as Fall Fest (local fall festival) hoping that more people would be out and about on a Sat. morning than usual. We had almost no shoppers and in retrospect I think people were just too busy.