PDA

View Full Version : Dear Craigslist Buyers....

Melaine
10-29-2009, 08:55 AM
If you email me with an offer, and I counter-offer, the LEAST you could do is respond. Saying, "no thanks" or "I really can't afford that" is not only the polite thing to do, but I most likely would have accepted your original offer. But if you (and my DH) think I will email you a second time and lower my price, you've got another thing coming.

It could be I am already frustrated by the FLOOD of spam hitting my inbox each and every day with sob stories about the economy and how said it is I have to sell my stuff to "survive" the financial turmoil. Ugh.

veronica
10-29-2009, 01:05 PM
I hear ya!

and I live in a town that's pretty small so I am always clear about where I live. I still , inevitably, get interested parties and work on negotiations only to get a message that reads "Oh, your are in XX, well , thanks anyway but it's too far" Seriously, can you not read when I put my zip code, nearest highway exit and exact location of the place I can meet right in the add?????

athompson
10-29-2009, 10:18 PM
And what's with people asking me to meet them somewhere "between" us. Um, I am selling a Kettler for $20. You can drive to me to pick it up:irked:

AshleyAnn
10-29-2009, 11:08 PM
It could be I am already frustrated by the FLOOD of spam hitting my inbox each and every day with sob stories about the economy and how said it is I have to sell my stuff to "survive" the financial turmoil. Ugh.

Do you also get the emails begging for you to just give them the item. I'm so sick of getting emails on my stroller asking for me to give it away. Its a nearly new Graco Mosaic - asking price $50 - not a cheapo umbrella or even a older model. There are ads all day long trying to sell strollers for much much less than my asking price see if those people will give away thier stroller because obviously I want money for mine.

Melaine
10-30-2009, 07:12 AM
I actually haven't gotten any like that, that is amazing!

Just for our amusement, let me share the names of the "people" emailing me this morning:
duchess Fountain
Broody betelgeuse
Sweat fionola
ineluctable Turntable

Yes, true story. Emails from each of these people this morning!