PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Candle question

liz
10-29-2009, 09:30 AM
So, DS 1 broght home his first fund-raiser from school. It is Yankee Candle. I don't want to spend a lot, but I will buy something- but this is where I need your help. Do the Illuma-lid jar toppers really work? My pet peeve with candles are the soot they give off (we just had our ceilings painted-so that is a concern). What are your opinions on the Tarts and Tart warmers? What would be the best choice. I use candles so infrequently, mainly around the holidays, so I don't really want a big candle. Any input is appreciated.

BabyMine
10-29-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't know about the toppers but we use coffee mug warmers with them. It gives off the smell without the soot.

DebbieJ
10-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I like the tarts--no soot.

Bens Momma
10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
We do the tarts and they seem to last forever! The tart burners are nice looking too. You could always get a cheapy tart holder at Michaels, AC Moore, etc and just buy the Yankee tarts if you want to save money. Love Yankee Candle...Home Sweet Home is one of my fav fall/winter scents!

BillK
10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Our preschool did the Yankee Candle fundraiser - my wife being the Treasurer had to set it all up and said it worked amazingly well and is their biggest money make by far.

The downside was the entire palette of candles sitting my garage waiting to be doled out to the parents that sold them all. The place STUNK! :tongue5:

liz
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will def. buy the tart warmers.

wildfire
10-29-2009, 06:18 PM
We were skeptical about the jar toppers and thought it was just something else for them to make money on. Then we were in the store and DH asked about it. They said that they help spread the heat more evenly so you don't have to burn the candle for hours in order to get an even burn (so you don't end up with just the area around the wick melting). It also helps distribute the scent better. I don't know about soot, though. After finding out it's not just a gimmick, we got one, and it really works! We didn't get the one that looks like a lamp, we got the other kind, but they said the lamp-style ones work the same way. They only had the floor model of the one we liked so we also got it for half price. We will definitely always use one when burning one of the big jar candles.

I love tarts for the kitchen, and tend to stock up when they have a big sale.

liz
10-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks, Wildfire. Now I have something to buy when the next fundraiser rolls along!