PDA

View Full Version : any magic bullet fans. And I mean for food/cooking ;P

calv
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM
I've had one stored away for ages. I FINALLY cracked it open! I LOVE IT! want to hear what you use it for.

I just pureed a ton of chicken in tomato sauce for my SUPER picky 4yo! Let's hope it's a quick and easy way to sneak meats into her meals.

AJP
10-29-2009, 08:44 PM
I always wondered what everyone loved these for (the food/cooking tool that is! ;P). Is it similar to a blender or more like a food processor/chopper?

sansdieu
10-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm not thrilled with mine. It requires a ton of liquid to get anything done, and even then, there are chunks left in there -- no matter how long you keep it on. I think it's a design defect. I got mine as a gift, and I've barely used it.

AshleyAnn
10-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I was given one and I felt like it didn't do as good of a job as a normal food processor. Lots of chunks/unevenness and most of it ended up with the consistancy of babyfood.

bubbaray
10-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I use mine to make smoothies. I love my MB!

calv
10-30-2009, 02:43 PM
for the price i paid, i think was was less than $20 or maybe even lower, when walgreens had it on super clearance.

anyway, yesterday was my 1st time trying it and it made a killer red sauce w/a ton of chicken in it. and then I tried it w/smoothies, and I like the individual cup concept becasue i can make different fruits per person/child vs having to clean the blender each time, KWIM?

mariza
10-30-2009, 03:59 PM
I love my Magic Bullet too. I actually got it for DH for Christmas last year and he wanted me to return it. I decided to keep it and now he loves it as much as I do (maybe more!)
We haven't been overly creative with it, but considering I hate my big Kitchen Aid blender and we don't do lots of food processing it works great for our needs.
We make smoothies daily.
I love the Alfredo recipe that comes in the recipe book. I make this for the kids a lot (decreasing the garlic though.)
I use it to pulverize a bag of Birds Eye cheesy vegetable steamers with a little milk added in and mix it with pasta (the kids think it's just mac n cheese)
We make mixed drinks in it if we have guests over.
That's all I can think of right now, but I like your idea of pureeing meats, my DD is a super picky eater too and rarely touches meat unless it's in the shape of a dinosaur :)

* I have to add that I laughed out loud when you clarified it was the BLENDER you were referring to. I wish I had done that when I was going on and on telling my boss how much I love my magic bullet. He was looking at me funny and after a good five minutes of me describing what we use it for, he just said "oh, you mean the blender?!" I LMAO in has office and ended up crying I was laughing so hard (and a little horrified at the same time) :hysterical:

AnnieW625
10-30-2009, 04:41 PM
best gift I have ever given my MIL. She loves hers. I have never used one.

mom2binsd
10-30-2009, 08:14 PM
best gift I have ever given my MIL. She loves hers. I have never used one.

Annie- you gave your MIL a Magic Bullet- I really hope it's the blender....

gobadgers
10-30-2009, 08:21 PM
We got one to make DD's baby food last year. I used it a LOT for that, but agree with some of the criticisms - needs a ton of water to avoid lumps, and everything gets pulverized. Of course, that's not a problem for making baby food.

We tried making guac and a few other things in it but nothing really panned out. DH used it for smoothies for a while, and it was great for that, but for whatever reason smoothies have fallen out of favor with him recently.

I'm starting to use it again for baby food for DS now. The motor on ours is starting to make funny noises, but so far its still working. It's easier to pull the Magic Bullet out of the cabinet vs. the big blender. But I'm happy to know the blender is there as backup, because it feels like the MB is going to bite the bullet soon...

neeleymartin
11-12-2009, 09:36 PM
I use it to pulverize a bag of Birds Eye cheesy vegetable steamers with a little milk added in and mix it with pasta (the kids think it's just mac n cheese)

i know this is an older post...but this is a brilliant idea. i am getting a bullet immediately.

my son will not touch veggies and i think i might be able to sneak them into some smoothies. when he drinks, it's like a coed doing a kegstand. doesn't come up for air. he sucks down a 10 ounce take and toss straw cup in less than a minute..i'm not joking. maybe the veggies can sneak past when mixed with bananas or other strong tasting fruits. anyone done this?

alexsmommy
11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Your title cracked me up.

sansdieu
11-13-2009, 12:42 PM
when he drinks, it's like a coed doing a kegstand. doesn't come up for air. he sucks down a 10 ounce take and toss straw cup in less than a minute..i'm not joking.

:hysterical:
ROFL ;)

Mine doesn't come up for air; I wonder what's up with that. Do they think we'll take away their drinks if they release the lip-lock?

I add half an avocado to my "smoothies"; it doesn't have much taste of its own, but works well for masking stuff.

neeleymartin
11-13-2009, 02:30 PM
:hysterical:
ROFL ;)
I add half an avocado to my "smoothies"; it doesn't have much taste of its own, but works well for masking stuff.

great idea. avacado is full of good stuff. thanks for the idea.