PDA

View Full Version : Tall Backrest on Upholstered Gliders?

minervamom
10-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Hello all,
I thought we wanted an upholstered glider for the nursery so that we could use it later in the living room. However, all those I've tried at BRU or BBB seem to have backs that stop around my upper shoulders or neck, meaning I'd have to lean my head way back to rest it (I'm 5'8" and my husband is 6'2").

On the other hand, the Dutailier Grande (which isn't upholstered) seemed to be the only one I could find so far where the back was higher than my head.

Are there any upholstered gliders with tall backs? The salesperson at BBB said there weren't. I just don't think I want to get a chair where my head and neck aren't supported.

Lastly, if my only option is a wooden glider, which Dutailier models are the tallest?

Thanks so much!

Andi98989
11-04-2009, 06:45 AM
My DH is 6'5" and likes our glider from Best. We actually got it at a local furniture store instead of from a baby specialty store.

WatchingThemGrow
11-04-2009, 08:23 AM
love, love, love, love our Dutailier Grande. So comfy for bigger relatives or siblings!

ciw
11-04-2009, 10:16 AM
the Dutailier Grande (which isn't upholstered) seemed to be the only one I could find so far where the back was higher than my head.

Dutailier makes larger upholstered gliders too. One of these should work: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&kw=dutailier+glider&origkw=dutailier+glider&kwCatId=&view=all
I'd check out the Grande LR or XL. We have a Grande that is an upholstered reclining glider. I don't see it on the BRU web site but it is very comfortable and plenty tall. (And we're really tall people :D).

stiley
11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
We ordered a glider from Little Castle. My husband is 6'3" and the back on the Royal glider is tall enough for him. We tested them out at a couple of boutiques in town but found the best price online at PoshTots.com. Plus I got a promo code for 15% off orders of $250+ if you order by Nov. 30 -- 15POSHSAVE.