PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for toddler twins and newborn?

kristyv
10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm hoping someone can offer ideas/insight.

We're looking for a stroller that will work for 21-month-old twins and a newborn. I need something that can be used to run quick errands (into stores and preschool pick-up). I want something that can hold the carseat since it will be February when baby is born...and pretty chilly here. We currently have a Baby Jogger City Elite Double...and can use this for most errands currently (width is fine with doors, etc). And we also have a single stroller...Inglesina Zippy.

Any ideas for what would work?

I'm considering a Sit and Stand -- I'd put baby's carseat in the stroller and then the twins sit on the back? (I think I could get them to sit there long enough to get across the parking lot and in the door.)

Get a carseat adapter for our BJCED? And maybe a buggy board for the back? That might work in a pinch but I'm worried that the carseat will make the width too wide? Right now, we can get through the doors with basically nothing to spare.

Anyone have the BJCMD and use the carseat adapter? The BJCED is getting a little heavy to lift in/out...so also considering this....and doing carseat adapter.

Maybe the Valco Double with a jumpseat? Any other options for these?

I don't really want to get a triple stroller. We had a Kolcraft Contours Options Double...and it was so long and cumbersome. Plus, taking the seats off/on to put into the car was annoying...we sold it.

Thoughts? ...we've got about 3 months before baby arrives.

jacksmoma
10-29-2009, 05:59 PM
yay for your bjced...i have a bjccd and love it :) now for your next stroller i would NOT get bj's car seat adaptor (for the doubles anyways) as i've heard HORRIBLE things about it! It is super huge, and the car seat sits over the footwell not the seat! come to think of it, maybe that would be a good thing for you as then you could use both stroller seats AND the adaptor??!! the mini is really nice but much shorter seats then the elite (if you have tall toddlers would not get it).

really i'd do the ultralight caboose for a quick trip- the elite is pretty big to be taking in/out of the car....i'm sure you could find a cheap on on your CL.

Also, for longer days out with all 3 you could sling the new one and keep your twins in the bjced.....then figure out to do later :) bj is coming out with a toddler ride on board in jan so you could have on of your toddlers on that when the newborn gets to heavy to sling...

Ivy_CA
10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
yay for your bjced...i have a bjccd and love it :) now for your next stroller i would NOT get bj's car seat adaptor (for the doubles anyways) as i've heard HORRIBLE things about it! It is super huge, and the car seat sits over the footwell not the seat! come to think of it, maybe that would be a good thing for you as then you could use both stroller seats AND the adaptor??!! the mini is really nice but much shorter seats then the elite (if you have tall toddlers would not get it).

really i'd do the ultralight caboose for a quick trip- the elite is pretty big to be taking in/out of the car....i'm sure you could find a cheap on on your CL.

Also, for longer days out with all 3 you could sling the new one and keep your twins in the bjced.....then figure out to do later :) bj is coming out with a toddler ride on board in jan so you could have on of your toddlers on that when the newborn gets to heavy to sling...

Oooh, I want to hear more about this ride-on board. Do we have any details yet like weight limit, etc?

kristyv
10-29-2009, 06:18 PM
That's good to hear that BJ is FINALLY coming out with their toddler board!

The ultralight caboose...that's a sit and stand, right? Need to google...

jacksmoma
10-29-2009, 08:40 PM
yes, it's the "best" sit n stand although by no means on par with a baby jogger....pushes more like a graco :( i think the weight limit on the bj board is pretty high...most are- you can have a 6 or 7 year old on them :) hoping to maybe get one for my bjcm when my 24 month old can stand on one a bit better....

Ivy_CA
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
that's great. I have a 3 year old who will be 4 when #3 comes and he's a little bit too hyper to be walking by himself, but too big for me to bother with getting a double. A kiddie board would be perfect.