PDA

View Full Version : Should UPS deliver to front door?

jgenie
10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
This week UPS has left two separate boxes inside our gate instead of at our front door. Is UPS supposed to be front door delivery? Trying to decide if I should call UPS to complain. TIA

AnnieW625
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Maybe they put it there so it wouldn't be in sight of passers by. Fed Ex does this and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Kitten007
10-29-2009, 05:47 PM
UPS sometimes throws our packages over the fence to our back patio. I worry one day they might break something. So far nothing has been damaged and I guess they do it so no one takes off with your stuff.

deannanb
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
they always leave packages at our front door.

I bet you could call and ask them to make a note to all drivers that it is okay to leave packages at your front door (not sure if they can do this - but it sounds good)

KrisM
10-29-2009, 05:58 PM
In this house, it's on our porch. In our old house, it was behind a bush, which was more protected from rain, etc. In my first house, it was on in the backyard, under the porch on my garage.

If you want to call, I would, but just to let them know it's okay to leave them at the door. I wouldn't call to complain, as it's probably being done to be helpful.

ThreeofUs
10-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I've always asked my drivers to deliver to my kitchen door. They usually do. If you know the driver by sight, maybe you could just ask them. If not, call UPS and request they note your delivery spot at your door; express concern that someone might steal the package or something. They're pretty good at being responsive.

wellyes
10-29-2009, 07:55 PM
My UPS guy is awesome at semi-hiding packages. Once we ordered tires and he muscled them under our side steps outside. Another time we got a lawnmover off Amazon and he actually tried to open our bulkhead to stick it there - it was locked, so he left it behind the house. For the record, I've waved at him a couple times but I've never spoken to him and don't know his name.

I'm not actually scared of robbers but I really do appreciate the thought/effort. I actually just got a Woot packaged from FedEx and was annoyed to get decent but not extra-thoughtful service: rainy day, package on front step half-covered in a plastic bag. Our UPS superhero would have found a dry spot for it.

dukie41181
10-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I am sure the package is being left there because the driver thinks its a safer spot. The driver is responsible for packages that are left without a signature and therefore they usually have discretion as to where they leave the package so they find the safest location.

I would just try to stop the driver someday or leave a note for him at the location where he is leaving the packages now. I think the driver will be far more responsive that way. They have hundreds of stops per day and I think the liklihood of him getting the message about your house from a supervisor AND remembering in the thick of his day about your house would be small, no offense. Plus, if you personally talk to him or leave a note there will be the visual reference rather than a mere address. Does that make sense?