PDA

View Full Version : Chemo Basket

swrc00
10-29-2009, 08:20 PM
A teacher that I work with is beginning chemo for Breast Cancer. A teacher friend of mine and I would like to get together a basket for her to take to Chemo with here. Anyone have any suggestions for what to put it in it?

We have already gotten magazines and some snacks.

mytwosons
10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Was also making a basket for someone recently and it was suggested to me to include everything to do one's nails. Made good sense to me! Plus, hopefully pretty nails will help lift her mood.

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Maybe a beginner's book on knitting and some supplies?

Brainteaser puzzles- Think Fun makes really good ones and they sell them at independent toy stores, Barnes and Noble and others.

Dh did a lot of crossword puzzles while doing chemo.

Lip balm.

Fuzzy slipper socks.

I hope everything goes ok!!

Beth

jenfromnj
10-29-2009, 11:04 PM
The above are awesome suggestions, and it's so thoughtful of you to do this! When DH was very ill a few years ago, nice gestures really helped to lift his spirits, and we're still so grateful to the people who were kind enough to do even the smallest nice things for him (and me!) during that difficult time.

Just wanted to add, maybe some hard candy to suck on, which can help with dry mouth and nausea. If she has an Ipod, maybe an itunes gift card so she can download some new songs to listen to while she's receiving treatment?

baileygirl
10-30-2009, 02:27 AM
One of those inexpensive hand held electronic games? Like Farkle or something? Maybe a deck of cards? Would sea bands help with nausea? Does preggo pops make something for chemo patients? Itunes gift card? Book?

sariana
10-30-2009, 03:07 AM
My mom liked to listen to her MP3 player and sleep during her chemo. So maybe a neck pillow or something would be appreciated. Also a lap blanket. I remember the room where my mom had her chemo was always cold.

You and your co-worker are very kind to do this.