PDA

View Full Version : Those who stack coupons at BRU

MSWR0319
10-29-2009, 08:28 PM
I have always stacked coupons at BRU and I know it varies by the store as to whether the take them or not. Have any of you who have done it previously had trouble lately? The reason I ask is because I told a girl I work with that I always stack coupons, so she called to ask because she wanted to make sure it was ok. She called two stores, they both told her no (which I expected). Then she told the store I go to that I've done it multiple times and then they stuttered that they changed their policy. So I'm trying to figure out if they really have or if they just tell you no but then they'll still ring the coupons through. I have a couple things I want to buy but am not going to buy it at BRU if I can't stack. Guess I can always just try it, but thought I'd save myself a hassle if someone else's store quit letting them do it.

Thanks!

AJP
10-29-2009, 08:52 PM
By stacking do you mean store coupon and a manufacturers coupon? If so, my store always does this. The only store coupons my store allows us to "stack" are a "xx% off one item" with a "$5 off purchase over $25" or similar. Basically a % off with a total $ value off coupon together. I have had nice cashiers just take everything I have and scan it all to see what works though. I say keep trying!

satchnbucky
10-29-2009, 08:55 PM
My store always lets me stack multiple brus coupons as long as they each have different conditions. For example I bought a car seat and they let me use a 10% off car seat coupon, 15% off one item and $5 off $25 coupon. That was about 3 weeks ago...
I think this varies from store to store (I have had multiple cashiers at my store do this, so I think it's a store policy thing) HTH

srkaplan
10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm always able to stack coupons as long as they are different as PP stated. The only thing different that I've noticed lately is that they ask if you have any coupons at the beginning of the transaction & scan them in first, and then scan your items. This happened at 2 different stores, so I'm assuming it's some kind of new procedure.

MSWR0319
10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks!! I've also always been able to stack them, as long as they were different (like pp) so I guess I'll keep trying. They can only say no right! I just wanted to make sure there really wasn't a new policy that anyone was aware of.

pillsnberries
10-29-2009, 09:13 PM
My stores always do it. It's really not the SA's decision. If it works with their system then they can't really say no. Just ask them to try anyways. My 15% off baby item coupon worked with the new Tinkerbell coupon and I ended up going back for 2 more movies (had a bunch of 15% off coupons). It said baby item, but I asked them to try anyways. Doesn't hurt to ask.

lchang25000
10-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I have always been able to stack multiple coupons with no problems as long as they are diff. like the others said.

jvs195
10-30-2009, 09:26 AM
One of my pet peeves about BRU/TRU is that everything varies from store to store, clerk to clerk and day to day. I'm not sure why they are all so reluctant to give people the savings, you'd think they'd realize they would make up the business in bulk (and face it their prices are not the cheapest before sales and coupons). Not to mention customer service. Best advice is to go and try.

smiles33
10-30-2009, 11:33 AM
I went in about 2 weeks ago where I normally stack coupons and my $10 off 2 value boxes of Pampers coupon required manager approval! I had two coupons, both were different BRU codes but for $x off diapers. The clerk was willing to scan them but both prompted for a manager approval code. The manager approved the first one but when the clerk called him back for the second one, he looked at the second one more closely and refused to approve it. They must have reprogrammed their cash registers as that never happened to me the last 6 times or so I've used those BRU diaper coupons.

SmileMommy
10-30-2009, 02:26 PM
My BRU in San Diego, does not allow me to stack multiple % off coupons for one particular item. (for example: they won't let me stack a 10% off car seat + 15% off coupon for a car seat.) But I have been able to do this before several times in one transaction without a problem: 15% off one item, $5 off $25, $ dollars off a certain item(s) and manufacturer coupons all at once.