PDA

View Full Version : What's the tooth fairy bringing these days?

ett
10-29-2009, 10:13 PM
DS1 lost his first tooth tonight. So what's the tooth fairy bringing these days? :)

neeleymartin
10-29-2009, 10:17 PM
i teach in ma. 1st grade. the going rate is $1 or $2. personally i would go with a dollar. congrats!!!

happymom
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I remember that someone here posted a while back that instead of giving money, they give a token to their local arcade or merry-go-round- can't remember what exactly, but I liked the idea of giving a "currency" that is meaningful to the child...

jse107
10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
For the first tooth, we went a little bigger. I had a lot of fun with it, and it's clear that it meant a lot to O. The TF brought eight quarters for under his pillow. She also left a trail of fairy dust (confetti from the party store) from the window to his door--he had asked me before bed how the tooth fairy got in his room. Right by his door there was a note from her, reminding O to take good care of the rest of his teeth and keep brushing. She also had a special gift for the first tooth--a gift card to Cold Stone Creamery. She told O to take his family out to celebrate. (What can I say...I needed an excuse for ice cream).

He LOVED it. Even DH said he wish he had the video camera when O woke up in the morning. He tells everyone about it.

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Well, this tooth fairy was going to give $5 but someone else's tooth fairy gave a half dollar and ds was set on that. So, he got a half dollar. I picked up some dollar coins to give for the next teeth but he opted not to give those up for the tooth fairy.

Beth

Tondi G
10-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Ours gave 5 golden dollar coins for the 1st tooth and 2 for each one after!

sunriseiz
10-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Ours gave 5 golden dollar coins for the 1st tooth and 2 for each one after!

Wow, I feel cheap. DD got 1 gold dollar coin for each tooth (she lost 2 at the same time). Sigh. Fortunately, DD was thrilled.

gatorsmom
10-30-2009, 02:37 PM
For teeth that fall out on their own, Gator gets a dollar. For teeth that the dentist has to pull (to make room for his adult teeth to come in) he gets 2 dollars because there is pain involved.

I put the money under his pillow and sprinkle a little blue glitter next to the dollar and on his pillow. We tell him that it's fairy dust the tooth fairy left behind when she walked over on his pillow to kiss him. :p

ett
10-30-2009, 02:38 PM
So I ended up giving DS a dollar with a note from the tooth fairy that DH was going to bring him to McDonalds to get ice cream with the dollar bill. He was thrilled this morning.

I'll have to get some dollar coins for next time. :)

Jen841
10-30-2009, 02:54 PM
$1 each, accept when you lose your 6th tooth on the eve of your 6th bday, then you get $6 (15 quarters and 2 dollars b/c it was late and that is what we had.)

kedss
10-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Our TF was doing $1 worth of the state quarters, then a Sacajewa, and a Susan B Anthony was for the latest.

hez
10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Phew. We'd been going with $1 (he likes the paper stuff) 'cause we figured that was probably the going rate with inflation. Good to know we're right in line :)