PDA

View Full Version : Twin Techno difficult to open?

athompson
10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
I have a Maclaren Quest that I love. It opens, folds and buckles easily.
I also have a Maclaren Twin Techno that I am beginning to hate because it does not open, fold and buckle easily. I believe it's a 2007, but it is practically brand new as I did not use it much with my first two children. I now use it on an almost daily basis with my 2 1/2 year old and my 10 month old. I kept telling myself it would begin to open easier as I used it more. It has NOT. And the same for the buckles, they are much more difficult to buckle and unbuckle than my old, trusty Quest. Just wondering if others have had these difficulties too. Thanks!

strollerqueen
10-30-2009, 12:45 AM
I haven't had difficulty with that model. But I have on other ones. And what I do is spray the heck out of all the moving parts with WD-40, Silicone Spray, sewing machine oil, or even Lemon Pledge if that's all you have. For wheels, however, silicone spray is best, because it has less of a tendency to "grab" bits of dirt and debris the way oil-based sprays do. Anyway, cover up the fabric with a little towel, then spray and spray. You might also want cover the floor, if you do it inside.

athompson
10-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks strollerqueen. I'll try this tomorrow!

I haven't had difficulty with that model. But I have on other ones. And what I do is spray the heck out of all the moving parts with WD-40, Silicone Spray, sewing machine oil, or even Lemon Pledge if that's all you have. For wheels, however, silicone spray is best, because it has less of a tendency to "grab" bits of dirt and debris the way oil-based sprays do. Anyway, cover up the fabric with a little towel, then spray and spray. You might also want cover the floor, if you do it inside.