PDA

View Full Version : Granny? or not?

MommyofAmaya
10-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I've had an awful time finding a jacket this year. I'm up to a F/G cup size and cannot find anything cute that doesn't pull at the top buttons. I've caught myself considering some very "granny" things out of desperation. Somehow I came across this jacket, and I tend to think of Coldwater Creek as more mature than my usual tastes, but I like it better than much of what I've seen so far. Is it granny?

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Detail.aspx?productid=44761&ensembleid=50843&colorid=110&refLink=outlet-jackets.aspx&Skn=outlet

trentsmom
10-30-2009, 12:28 AM
I think it looks good. It reminds me of things I saw my mom wear in the 70s. If she still had a jacket like that (and I could fit in it!), I would wear it.

caheinz
10-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Doesn't strike me as granny at all...

MoJo
10-30-2009, 07:28 AM
I think you should get it!

FWIW, one of my best friends IRL (in her mid thirties) wears a lot of CC and I've NEVER considered that anyone would think it was a granny style. (She is bigger too, so it's probably what fits). I always think she looks comfortable and put together.

SnuggleBuggles
10-30-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm on the fence about it. I think it could be great- you just need to make sure the rest f your outfit is age appropriate. :)

Beth

infomama
10-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't think I would wear it. Thinks it is the fur at the cuff and the detailing that is turning me away. That being said, I don't think it is granny looking at all.

jvs195
10-30-2009, 12:45 PM
I think it's cute. Not granny unless you combine it with some mom jeans. I am a 36G right now and also find it hard to find something that isn't too tight, huge and shapeless or looks like maternity. CC has some nice things, but stear clear of the non-fitted boxy cuts which I think look more granny.

MommyofAmaya
10-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't think I would wear it. Thinks it is the fur at the cuff and the detailing that is turning me away. That being said, I don't think it is granny looking at all.

I love the detailing... that is the only thing I really like about it. I wear alot of embroidered kurti style tunics. That being said, I don't like the cuffs AT ALL. I don't like faux fur at all for that matter. I'll keep looking and keep this as a back-up.

Thanks for your input ladies.

WitMom
10-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I think it's cute. I don't know if I would wear it, simply because I don't know if I could pull it off, but I do think it's cute.

mom2binsd
10-30-2009, 09:54 PM
The style isn't granny...but I think as a coat the detailing would limit what you'd could wear with it, for coats/jackets I prefer something simple and accessorize with scarves etc...and I'm not wild about the faux trim, it looks a little scruffy.

I think Coldwater Creek can be matronly but they do have some nice simple styles that are classic and not so granny like...you just have to be careful with their prints.