PDA

View Full Version : what's on YOUR christmas list?

Seitvonzu
10-30-2009, 10:05 AM
it's beginning to look alot like christmas around here. my inlaws are coming at the end of november for various reasons, and wanted to give lucy her birthday/christmas gifts at that time. i completely get wanting to see her get her gifts, so we agreed, but we also thought this meant she would get her BIG gifts from them (an elves and angels range/sink & refridgerator which we will put together before they arrive) and the cake they wanted to give her. yesterday, DH called his mom to have lucy say "thank you" for a halloween book she sent and his mom starts telling him all about how she had so much fun picking out other things for the kitchen-- wooden food, pots and pans whatever. this isn't really a complaint, i know for the most part what she got (she told DH, he just didn't have a point of reference so couldn't remember exactly), and it's NICE stuff from novanatural.com (where they ordered the kitchen set).... it's just that my head spins when i think of all the STUFF. plus, we already have enamel pots and pans (from IKEA) and wooden food... and knitted food, and dishes, cups, utensils. of the few things dh remembered (wooden eggs, cookies, and a little rolling pin), we have ALL those things already (some of it she's already played with). his sister also bought some different "wood cookies" and my guess is that lucy already has them (from the conversation and my obsession with wooden playfood, i think it's the M&D set). these are for lu's "birthday" even though we have told the family to NOT feel obligated to give gifts for birthdays/christmas.

anyhow...this wasn't really about the crazy amount of stuff my child is getting for christmas/birthday. her father and i don't even really know what we're giving her yet since i'd sorta thought we'd give her a bunch of the stuff we'd collected for the kitchen. hrm. now i'm thinking i'll wait! :) still digressing...this is about GROWN UP PRESENTS!!!!!

i just asked DH to use the free shipping code (Free Shipping through October 31 using PF99058 or PF99099) for americangirl.com and order me KIRSTEN (the doll that is being "archived") as my christmas gift. when i picked out my samantha as a child, it was between her and kirsten. i'm blonde haired and blue eyed, but i always went for brunettes as a kid. i was funny like that. i'm a HUGE american girl fan, and the idea that i couldn't have kirsten EVER scared me a little. the free shipping code saves DH 11 dollars or something, and availability is already going down, so i asked him to please order. while he was upstairs ordering, i snagged the holiday outfit/wreath, pjs, winteroutfit and quilt. i wanted more stuff but thankfully it was SOLD OUT. so i'm set for christmas now too :) (about 2x more "Set" than DH knows :)

So mommies.... what are YOU asking for for christmas? what's on YOUR wishlist? i'm not talking about "peace" and "goodwill" and all that... GIFTS :):) selfish, indulgent, GIFTS!!! i'm hoping this will give me some ideas for my SIL too. so let me have it! :)

BillK
10-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Official Penguins #87 Crosby Jersey in black
Official Steelers #86 Ward Jersey in black

Seitvonzu
10-30-2009, 10:25 AM
thanks for posting billk-- i don't believe my SIL will want that :) but it does get me thinking about the menfolk in my life, who are always difficult!

n2ou
10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
* a heavy duty electric pencil sharpener (moms of school aged children will understand - lol)

MoJo
10-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm longing for a dishwasher (because that would equal half an hour or more more time in my day, and alot less stress, and the elimination of my least favorite household chore.) But since we don't have one to replace, installation will make it far too expensive.

So what I'm actually asking for/expect to get:
kitchen towels
a nice maternity dress
probably some books/CDs but haven't chosen any yet

Since someone mentioned the guys (yes, always hard to buy for in my family too), DH is newly into old-fashioned double-edge safety razor shaving. They actually have places online like the BBB just to discuss this topic! So I'm thinking some aftershave - probably a collection of types he hasn't tried - for him.

vonfirmath
10-30-2009, 11:08 AM
MiniWedgits Owl Set
A mini stain cleaner for the carpet
Family Feasts for $75 a Week by Mary Ostyn
DVD: The Mysterious Islands
CD/book set: Jonathan Park goes to Galapagos
Fill or Bust Dice Game
Rummikub
Parenting by the Book by John Rosemond
CD the First Five Years by Bill Pekar
Parenting isn't for Cowards by James Dobson
DVD A Charlie Brown Christmas
CD Cathy Fink's Grandma Slid down the Mountain
flip and tuble reusable bag

The Review Mommy
10-30-2009, 11:26 AM
The UK version of Fire and Graceling books by Kristin Cashore-the cover art is so beautiful!

The New Moon Soundtrack

Anything Martha Stewart...

OPI Nail Envy and one of the Nail Polishes in the Designer Series.

Exhale Core Fusion-workout DVDs

The Fall Movie and Pushing Daisies Seasons on Bluray-I love Lee Pace...

Seitvonzu
10-30-2009, 11:41 AM
oh! i just added pushing daisies season one & two to my amazon wishlist :) it's a little vampire heavy lately and that was just the thing :) -- my brother/his wife like to use our amazon wishlists, so this is also a reminder for me to take off "ideas" that i have for hubby and child...i don't know why i started putting that stuff on my list, but i did :)

keep the ideas coming!

Twoboos
10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Leopard Print Dansko (saw someone with them on today and I was drooling!!)
http://www.zappos.com/ViewProduct.action?productId=7423662

Some things from Sephora, including the Clarisonic Cleansing system.

A Kindle - I put it on the list to see if there are any takers, LOL!

infomama
10-30-2009, 12:04 PM
A DSLR...that is all.

BabyMine
10-30-2009, 12:08 PM
New IL's
Kindle
New camcorder
Gift certificate to Amazon for Kindle books

Tondi G
10-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm longing for a dishwasher (because that would equal half an hour or more more time in my day, and alot less stress, and the elimination of my least favorite household chore.) But since we don't have one to replace, installation will make it far too expensive.

So what I'm actually asking for/expect to get:
kitchen towels
a nice maternity dress
probably some books/CDs but haven't chosen any yet

Since someone mentioned the guys (yes, always hard to buy for in my family too), DH is newly into old-fashioned double-edge safety razor shaving. They actually have places online like the BBB just to discuss this topic! So I'm thinking some aftershave - probably a collection of types he hasn't tried - for him.

I want a dishwasher too! We rent so we don't have one but have gone around and around trying to decide if a portable would be a good thing for us. My sister has one and loves it. I wish my DH would surprise me with one instead of leaving it to me to research and figure out what would be good. You might look at the portables though!

AshleyAnn
10-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Cricut
Diaper Bag to match my car seat
A couple of DVDs
The tree skirt and stocking set I had to return last year (long long emotional story)
A better camera

ETA: Also a renter but I'd do anything for a new dishwasher. I'm at the point I would pay for it if they would just let me have it installed. It doesn't drain right so it leaves gross old water in the bottom - every 6 weeks they come out and 'fix' it but 3 loads later it smells like a swamp and has an inch or two of murky old water at the back.

mommylamb
10-30-2009, 01:01 PM
a Macbook... seriously, I want anyone who plans on getting me a present to donate to the Macbook fund.

srhs
10-30-2009, 01:06 PM
new Sara Groves CD
Ugg-like boots (I think...need to try them on to make sure they look ok on me)
Gift certificates to my fav indy coffeehouse
MASSAGE gift certificates (But how would I find time to go?)

egoldber
10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
a heavy duty electric pencil sharpener (moms of school aged children will understand - lol

Oh gosh that WOULD be nice!!! :ROTFLMAO:

Wii Fit Active
point&shoot digital camera
strap fopr my iPod for running

wellyes
10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
iPod Touch, PLEASE

As PP mentioned, the portable ones aren't too bad! DH's grandparents have one. It fits in all the place settings & serving bowls for Thanskgiving dinner they host (a dozen people), and it's not any louder than a regular dishwasher.

Corie
10-30-2009, 01:21 PM
* a heavy duty electric pencil sharpener (moms of school aged children will understand - lol)

Now, that is a fabulous idea!!!!

I am so tired of using our teeny tiny hand-held pencil sharpener.

elephantmeg
10-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I want a dishwasher too! We rent so we don't have one but have gone around and around trying to decide if a portable would be a good thing for us. My sister has one and loves it. I wish my DH would surprise me with one instead of leaving it to me to research and figure out what would be good. You might look at the portables though!

we had a portable when were were first married and loved it! The house we built (modular) came with a dishwasher so we sold it but it was worth its weight in gold! Really!

elephantmeg
10-30-2009, 01:24 PM
lol at the new IL's.

the only thing I can think of at the minute is a good HR monitor.

brittone2
10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
My bday and Christmas are both in December and this is what I'm thinking:

Fake diamond studs (don't need anything real right now...just something for every day) like Epiphany/diamonique.

Boots. Flat black boots maybe. I'm preggo and at least figure I can get some nice footwear. My only black boots have high heels and I'm just not trekking around in them while preggo. Even considered uggs which I normally would not wear but I'm having some crazy preggo desire to own some. Maybe I'll settle for ugg-like slippers and keep them to inside my own home wear ;) I have really small feet which makes the whole boot shopping thing more challenging (I can barely wear a women's 5 in boots, so my options are kinda limited sometimes)

Maybe some new makeup

New diaper bag? Mostly because I'm bored with mine, but not a necessity. Can't find anything I looooove yet though.

Books

Probably a maternity outfit or two since by December I'll surely be feeling whale-like and ready for something new, but won't want to shell out the $$ myself since this is likely my last pregnancy.

Le Creuset dutch oven or knockoff (Kirkland at Costco or Lodge maybe).

A housecleaner since there's a good chance we'll be putting our house on the market with a newborn in the spring. Oh, have mercy :shake:

Seitvonzu
10-30-2009, 01:44 PM
sounds like you all need good pencil sharpener recommendations :) i find that the electric ones that they have at schools don't hold up to the HEAVY use. my grandparents had a really good crank sharpener bolted to their basement wall. i loved that silly thing when i was younger! i'd spend whole afternoons drawing with their GOOD colored pencils (stored in a tool box) and using the pencil sharpener!

uggs seem popular too. i just broke down and ordered some crocs...can uggs be far behind?

i got a martha stewart dutch oven last year and really like it. they go on sale at macy's all the time ,making them around 50 or less for the smaller size? we bought ours to bake no-knead bread primarily...then i sorta stopped making bread...but i still really like the dutch oven! (and i'm planning to get back on track with making our bread :) this would be a good idea for SIL, but we'll be travelling to my parents for christmas and so will my brother's family, so a big bulky heavy thing probably isn't the best choice. we are pretty much set for their kids, except i need to order lu & leila's matching dolls-- the two kids are getting a thomas engine set, hawaiin playground cd, wooden sushi set, and the doll (emphasis on smaller things! and somewhat "light") oh, and i bought some each a bathtoy thing that i thought would be fun for all three of the cousins to play with. kids are so easy, aren't they? *sigh* then there is the stocking stuff and lucy's gifts ...i think all adults might be getting gift cards ;)

at least we have lucy's extra baggage allowance from getting her a seat.

pakin
10-30-2009, 01:46 PM
1. 2010 National Geographic Scotland Wall Calendar

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/books/calendars-and-stationery/2010-national-geographic-scotland-wall-calendar

Thanks to everybody who recommended the "Outlander" books here!

2. EA Sports Active: More Workouts for Wii (release date 11/17.)

http://www.amazon.com/EA-Sports-Active-Workouts-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002KJ9XE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1256924528&sr=8-1

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

gatorsmom
10-30-2009, 01:58 PM
You know, until I read this, I hadn't even given it a thought. But I"ve thought about it a bit and here is what I came up with. Anything I put on my wishlist has to be something easy for DH to pick up. Usually my dad also buys be a big gift, but he says to pick out what I want and buy it then let him know what it costs. :love-retry:

gift certificates to get my car detailed
gift certificates to the day spa near our home
gift certificates for a nice restaurant for date nights
gift certificates to Barnes and Noble and Panera for some mommy alone-time to just go, have a snack and snuggle with a book UNINTERRUPTED
a pair of black boots I"m drooling over.
jewelry of any kind designed by his friend's dad who's a jeweler

Seitvonzu
10-30-2009, 02:16 PM
i totally would ask for car detailing this year, except for various reasons the shop that is fixing my car is detailing it free :) i'm not holding my breath about this, but since i was going to do it anyway, this saves me some cash :)-- that is a GREAT present imho!

maestramommy
10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Hmmmmmm, well this year I'm again hankering for some nice cookware, or bakeware. One of these days I'll ask for a KitchenAid, but right now it's seems rather indulgent since I don't know how much use it will get.

I would love a complete set of the old Mad Scientists Club books. I looked on Amazon and they are collector items. $15 each was the lowest price I saw!

pakin
10-30-2009, 02:22 PM

I'm always wondering why it's so hard to find a decent pencil sharpener here in the US (or at least where I live.) When we went to Thailand last year, a good Japanese-style pencil sharpener was the first on my list of things to buy! We bought this one:
http://www.amazon.com/CARL-Angel-5-Pencil-Sharpener/dp/B002E9JS8A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1256925462&sr=8-1

I definitely didn't pay $60 for that. It has this spring-loaded mechanism to keep a pencil in place when you crank it. Now both DC want to help me sharpen their pencils all the time!

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

cchavez
10-30-2009, 02:31 PM
neela resuable bags
dillon rogers leather bracelet
more sessions w/ a personal trainer

and I am lusting after a LV bag....but it probably won't happen

that is all I can really think of right now

cono0507
10-30-2009, 02:39 PM
A kindle
GC to spa/manicure place
Skis

I really don't want to get too much "stuff" because we are putting the house on the market in January. But we are moving to a place where we will be able to ski regularly and I"m tired of wasting the money on rentals! ;)

Melaine
10-30-2009, 02:46 PM
DH already bought me tickets to Wicked. I'm SUPER excited about that
Also, I want Wii Fit (to go with the Wii coming from my parents)
Maybe a nice purse or clothes

All I can think of right now.

MontrealMum
10-30-2009, 03:01 PM
this isn't too exciting, but here it is:
-new couch to replace hideously uncomfortable Poang chairs
-nice Dutch oven
-better/new meat thermometer
-everyday winter boots; my old ones are shot
-mid-weight XC ski gloves
-ski pass
-JCrew gift cert. - otherwise my mom buys things on her own which is often not good

misshollygolightly
10-30-2009, 03:21 PM
I haven't thought about my own list, but AshleyAnn--I've seen lots of cricuts listed on Craigslist these days. You might check there first!

KpbS
10-30-2009, 03:21 PM
A DSLR...that is all.

Me too since my 5 yo camera has been malfunctioning. Hope it comes early though ;)

KpbS
10-30-2009, 03:24 PM
My bday and Christmas are both in December and this is what I'm thinking: Fake diamond studs (don't need anything real right now...just something for every day) like Epiphany/diamonique.

Great idea! I forgot I had been wanting a pair.

wendibird22
10-30-2009, 03:25 PM
DD#2!
Seriously, I'm due 12/24 but was 9 days late with DD1, so all I want is to not be pregnant on Xmas!
Oh and then some sleep and some alone time since a newborn and a 2.5yr old probably won't afford me much of either.

wellyes
10-30-2009, 04:09 PM
-new couch to replace hideously uncomfortable Poang chairs

Aw, are they really that bad? They're so comfy in IKEA. I suppose any sitting is a relief after walking and walking and walking in that huge store...... I guess I do see a long of Poangs listed on Craigslist.

fivi2
10-30-2009, 04:24 PM
The Fall Movie and Pushing Daisies Seasons on Bluray-I love Lee Pace...

Wonderfalls also has Lee Pace - and it was by the same creator as Pushing Daisies. It only lasted 13 epis, but I loved it (more than PD, even!) Also by same creator was Dead Like Me (also awesome), but no Lee Pace (that I remember)

AnnieW625
10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
wish list:
diamond earrings
all white pearl necklace
Le Creuset 6 qt. stew pot (I hate stew, but would use this for chili)
Le Creuset 3 qt. brasserie

what I will most likely get:
The Gaurdian Season 1 DVD (http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-First-Season-Simon-Baker/dp/B002JIOOCQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1256937776&sr=8-3)
any other movie I can think of to ask for
some maternity clothes from Japanese Weekend, if I point them out to DH and tell him to buy them
card making supplies

I'd also really like money because we need to save up so I can be off work for four months when #2 comes. I have a lot less vacation and sick time so I won't be able to get my full pay like I did for most of last time. I'd also like to buy a set of Cutco Knives.

MamaMolly
10-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks to everybody who recommended the "Outlander" books here!

There is a new one! Just came out this month!!!!!!!!
And new IL's? You can DO that??? I'll happily re-gift my SIL!!!!!! :applause:

I would love a new dutch oven, but I don't think it will be Christmas. Probably when I go home to have DC2. In fact, I imagine a LOT of my Christmas will be done that way. I always like jewelry, so maybe something like that....We'll see. Keep the ideas coming!

DietCokeLover
10-30-2009, 05:16 PM
I am not asking for anything. Money gets tight for us in the winter and I'd rather spend it on our trip to Disney. That's Christmas for me.

SnuggleBuggles
10-30-2009, 05:29 PM
-I could also use a new pair of fake diamond earrings. Poor dh had been set to buy me some real ones for my birthday 2 years ago and I let it slip that I really didn't want real ones b/c I'd worry too much about losing them. He had been shopping at local stores, had narrowed it down...the man had done a lot of work!
-DVDs- Star Trek and Harry Potter 6.
-Ink for my printer. It pains me to buy new ink. It costs way too much. As a result I don't print things, even when it sure would be useful (like the map portion on Map Quest). Dh put that in my stocking last year and I loved it.
-New cookie sheet and 9" cake pan
-Parchment paper circles
-GCs to clothes stores, book store, Target...whatever people want to give me!!
-Lawn gnome for my MLB team. I already have an NFL one. :)
-Personalized Christmas stockings. If I have to buy them myself I will probably cheap out. I really want nice ones and I think my ILs would do a great job with that gift idea.

Dh says he already has an idea...something I didn't ask for and might not want. Intriguing and worrisome.

Beth

gobadgers
10-30-2009, 05:46 PM
We are in a new house, but I'm going to try not to ask for much house-type stuff. That list is never-ending.

- I need a nice pair of everyday black boots - hoping for a gift certificate.
- mini-muffin pan
- silver earrings. I have all gold earrings and all silver necklaces, it seems
- I'm dreaming of a spa gift certificate

tnrnchick74
10-30-2009, 05:53 PM
I want 2 items...

this: http://www.brother-usa.com/HomeSewing/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=PC420PRW

and then this: http://www.brother-usa.com/HomeSewing/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=PE780D

Well, ok 3 items - a LARGE gift card to Joanne's fabric!!!

hillview
10-30-2009, 06:44 PM
- DSLR camera

Other than that I'd like one of these necklaces:
http://www.romerodesigns.com/silver-photo-necklaces/tiffany-necklace.php

I have purchased some suits recently and we are going to Disney in January so if I get those 2 items I will be thrilled!
/hillary

kozachka
10-30-2009, 07:22 PM
I am really at a loss here. We need a few things for the house and I could use some new things in wardrobe/shoes department but I don't think of those as gifts since it is things that we need and would get regardless of the holidays.

What I do want and don't need (as it has been pointed out by DH) is pair of nice diamond earings. I've been wanting diamond studs for over 10 years now. At some point I've settled on a less expensive pair of diamond earings (three-stone cluster similar to these (http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-earrings-white-gold_6263)) but I lost them in May of 2008 while on vacation. DH has promised to buy me diamond stud earings in US (since prices are better here) as a gift for my significant birthday at the end of June. But since I left my job in July and we relocated back to US where our cost of living is significantly higher, the offer is off the table. I am disappointed to say the least, but can't really argue it.

I could ask for a gift certificate to a spa but I would have to research which spa myself. DH is really bad about gifts. I am thinking of getting DH a camcorder but I know that he won't consider it a gift for him, more like a gift for us, although I am quite happy with the camcorder we currently have.

MontrealMum
10-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Aw, are they really that bad? They're so comfy in IKEA. I suppose any sitting is a relief after walking and walking and walking in that huge store...... I guess I do see a long of Poangs listed on Craigslist.

LOL - my feet are always killing me after a trip at Ikea!

Part of the problem with our Poangs is that we bought them in different years, and the older one is passably comfortable. The newer one, which is DH's, is just awful. I tried using pillows for more lower back support and they really don't do much to help. And it would just be nicer to have a couch to curl up together on and snuggle in our TV room. Right now we have a couch in DS' room - which is great, and I love having it in there - but it's too long for the TV room, so we could really use something slightly shorter. And of course, this isn't really a *need*, which is why it's an Xmas gift.

The Review Mommy
10-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Wonderfalls also has Lee Pace - and it was by the same creator as Pushing Daisies. It only lasted 13 epis, but I loved it (more than PD, even!) Also by same creator was Dead Like Me (also awesome), but no Lee Pace (that I remember)

I like it too. I really like the main character. She's from canada I think. I haven't seen dead like me so I will have to check that out thanks!

I forgot to mention clothes. We have a nice shopping district with Anthropologie, Black and White Market (it turned me into a jewlery person) and Free People. I LOVE these stores!

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/index.jsp

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/home.jsp

http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.browse/categoryID/5a8615f6-22e7-40ec-b2b7-1f79b245767f

I want the swing wrap (the gray is beautiful), leg warmers, neck warmer, more lace tops, and the more studded thermal top. I love the shirts I have.

wellyes
10-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Ink for my printer. It pains me to buy new ink. It costs way too much. As a result I don't print things, even when it sure would be useful (like the map portion on Map Quest). Dh put that in my stocking last year and I loved it.

May I suggest asking Santa for a laser printer? I paid about $200 for a personal laser printer in 2003. And I have NEVER had a to replace the ink in it. I don't print a ton, and it is just B&W, but still. It was a very very worthwhile purchase.

veronica
10-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Well, my parents are giving use a Keurig coffee maker ( My mom just paid me for it since my parents don't go out to shop!).

And we just bought ourselves Bon Jovi tickets this morning for 5/26/1010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spent a ton on them but DH and I have been to every tour at least once since 1995, even preggers!

lizzywednesday
10-31-2009, 03:02 PM
DH has been shopping for me for Christmas, but I don't actually have a list ... and I haven't had a list in a while now.

(Truthfully, I just want to make it through the rest of the fall without any drama.)

bubbaray
12-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Nothing, really. DH is horrible at gifts for me and MUST have a list, with specific stores and items already on hold. So lame.

He'll probably get me some lame Olympics gear, which I don't really want. I'd like a flat iron and gave him the make and model of the one I want yesterday. He's already lost it. Nice.

I'd also like some Miss Dior Cherie perfume, but I doubt he'll do that.

I'm loving the new ILs idea. Can I have new attitudes (and immune systems) for my girls? Its been a VERY.LONG.SICK. fall in my house and I'm going in-freakin-sane with their crap-tas-tic attitudes and general whininess (yes, I know its b/c they have been sick a lot, but so have I and my patience is on its last legs).

fattytuna
12-06-2009, 09:44 PM
A day off :)

mjmamma
12-06-2009, 11:16 PM
A day off :)

Amen and some Banana dark brown riding boots.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-06-2009, 11:25 PM
we had a portable when were were first married and loved it! The house we built (modular) came with a dishwasher so we sold it but it was worth its weight in gold! Really!

We called our old portable R2D2...

I ordered an Ecoist Socorro (http://www.ecoist.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2855&idcategory=0) purse, made from upcycled pull-tabs, and an M&M Vintage label coin purse (http://www.ecoist.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4942&idcategory=232), and I got a free newspaper clutch, it was all 20% off (minus the free clutch of course) w/FS. I like hippie chic AKA yippie stuff....

Corie
12-06-2009, 11:35 PM
I would love a weekend stay at a hotel BY MYSELF.

Nothing fancy. Just me, some magazines, and a box of doughnuts.

baymom
12-06-2009, 11:53 PM
:yeahthat:

Honestly, I think that's all I really want, too. DH has been working 70 hour weeks for the past month with no real end in sight and I am SO tired of not getting any help with anything at all for so long. All I want is to be by myself...no DH, no kids, not having to listen to people talking to me all the time. Just silence, a stack of magazines, a good book, hot pots of tea and a nice bed that I don't have to make in the morning.

Most other things, I am happy to just go buy for myself. Neither DH nor I has ever really felt like we had to wait for a gift giving occasion to buy something that we really wanted. I guess that works for us, since both of us are rather thrifty and don't particularly want that much anyway--at least compared to other people we know.

jeniferrlynne
12-07-2009, 01:44 AM
**A smart looking weekend bag!
My kids have darling bags with their names on them and I am always throwing my stuff in an old backpack.