PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about Holly Springs, North Carolina?

Jenny_A
10-30-2009, 10:46 AM
DH has a potential job offer there and I wanted to find out more about it. We would be looking at Private Schools. Any good subdivisions to look at? Is it laid back? How's traffic?

We are currently in the Atlanta area.

maylips
10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
How funny - I live in NC, and our community is Holly Springs. I was so excited for a second!

Anyway, I googled it and realized it's not the same Holly Springs. :( I have no knowledge of the actual Holly Springs you're talking about but I can safely say that every city in NC that I've been in is definitely more laid back than Atlanta!

Hope you get some more helpful responses...and good luck!

boogiemomz
10-30-2009, 11:48 AM
I have lived in the triangle area (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) for most of my life. I don't know Holly Springs well, but I believe it is not far outside Raleigh, so you would have the best of both worlds in a lot of ways... laid back, very family friendly community with easy access (Raleigh) to some of the best that NC has to offer in NC in terms of schools and opportunities for your kids. I can't tell you anything about specific schools, neighborhoods, or subdivisions, but it seems like it would be a great place to raise a family. I am absolutely sure you could find a strong private school in Raleigh that would be totally feasible for you to take your kids from Holly Springs. There may also be schools in HS that would be good, but I can't comment on that.

I grew up in the Northern part of Durham and lived some in Chapel Hill, so was never really close to Raleigh, but I have known people who lived in Holly Springs and had nice, affordable homes and commuted to work in Raleigh and other areas of the triangle. And to second the pp, it will certainly be a world of difference from Atlanta in terms of the pace of your daily life!!

Good luck and welcome to the TarHeel State! It's a wonderful place to live!
I must recommend that you declare your allegiance early on to the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill... it will be required of you (and your kids growing up in schools there) to choose between UNC-CH, NC State, and Duke, and as a friend let me tell you that UNC is the only way to go!! :thumbsup: