PDA

View Full Version : opinions on scooters?

ehmom
10-30-2009, 11:28 AM
dd (age 4) wants a scooter for christmas this year. i saw the one in the bargain section, but i think she would need the bigger one and it is just too expensive. anyone have one they really like?
thanks!

lilycat88
10-30-2009, 11:50 AM
We have this one

http://www.amazon.com/Kettler-8451-000-Scooter-Skiddy/dp/B00007B8LY

but we got it with Pampers Points so we only paid shipping for it. I wouldn't have paid this price for it. DD really started using it the summer she turned 4 and it's still a good size for her. She's going to be six in June. She's about average on the height/weight.

new_mommy25
10-30-2009, 12:46 PM
We got DS a Razor (the A, basic model) when he was 4 1/2. He picked it up right away. It's one of his favorite things to do.

Tondi G
10-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I would go with a 2 wheel razor A kick scooter. My 4 year old has no trouble cruising around on his brothers Razor. I really should get him one of his own!

o_mom
10-30-2009, 01:16 PM
We also have a Razor A for the boys. DS2 got one at three and was able to use it, though I think closer to four is typical. Look for TRU/Target to drop to around $20 at some point before Christmas.

rlu
10-30-2009, 02:26 PM
We got DS a Razor (the A, basic model) when he was 4 1/2. He picked it up right away. It's one of his favorite things to do.

Ditto. I can't remember if this was for 5th birthday or 4th or last Xmas. (why is my brain not working today, oh yeah, we were up until this morning making treats for halloween parties today). I got it on sale at TRU for about $30 I think.

eta: Ok, found a thread I started on folding the Razor dated April 2009 so this was for his 5th birthday. He was ready for it before that as he had been riding the neighbors since Xmas or so. http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=321408&highlight=razor

Oh, the handle bar height is adjustable so it grows with your kid. The neighbor kid with the same scooter is 9.