PDA

View Full Version : Can I tell you how much I love my hubby?!?! (kinda gross)

karenj2
10-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I apparently still have a slight issue with foods and brushing my teeth...

It didn't help that last night I had cheese tortellini with pesto, and then hot chocolate. (It sounded good at the time.) As I was brushing my teeth last night, I started to not feel good, and before I got a chance to head to the toilet, my dinner (and part of lunch) came up. I couldn't do anything, because if I moved or even opened my eyes I'd get further sick, so I screamed for DH.

He came running in, saw the mess, and got a towel for me to wipe off my face. Then, he sent me out of the room to lie down while he cleaned up the sink for me! The dude is totally ready to change diapers after he unclogged the sink for me without batting an eye.

I love my honey!!

frgsnlzrds
10-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Awwwww, now that's love! Your hubby deserves a big :bighand: I hope you feel better!

shawnandangel
10-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Are you hitting your gag reflex when you brush? I've heard that people can be hypnotized for that to get rid of it.

Yay for your hubby! When I was pregnant with DD and would get sick, DH was always there, tying my hair back and offering me glasses of water.

elektra
10-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Awwwww. What a guy! Wouldn't have happened that way in my house!

ladysoapmaker
10-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Ahh, how sweet.

Jen

SammyeGail
10-30-2009, 01:21 PM
That is sweet and so caring! ok, and yucky too :), lol! My DH would have done the same thing back then too.

You poor thing, brushing my teeth got me everytime, I didn't vomit but once during a twin pregnancy, but the brushing got me so nauseous! Was advised to avoid the toothpaste and use only water, it helped alot until that phase passed. Not the best for my teeth, but everytime I tried even a bit of toothpaste it started, UGH!!

Huge congrads on your pregnancy after so long of trying!! It took us 8 years ;).

Take care, and very careful brushing! Hopefully it was a one time only thing!

Samantha

MZS V
10-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Sweet hubby! Try citrus flavored toothpaste. Congrats!

Mama V

ha98ed14
10-30-2009, 02:27 PM
That is a really special guy!

karenj2
10-30-2009, 05:00 PM
It happens only every once in a while - I don't like having anything in my mouth for too long (mouthwash, toothpaste, even water). Plus, I can't have anything on my tongue, but because of the hot chocolate I had, I really wanted to brush my tongue 'cause it felt fuzzy... :)

I have had NO problems pre-pregnancy, but during the first trimester if I brushed for 30 seconds with a regular toothbrush I was satisfied. (I usually use a sonicare at the quickest setting, then spit, and if I can do another round, I do.)

I think it was the combo of foods (plus the amount - I had a LOT of pasta).

I'll have to pass on your praises to DH - I usually only post about funny/annoying things he does. :)

DietCokeLover
10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
He sounds like a keeper.

I had the vomitting when I brushed too. I had to go to cinnamon flavored paste and now I still gag at non-cinnamon flavors.