PDA

View Full Version : What color is your bedroom? And do you like it?

TwinFoxes
10-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Trying to pick out colors to paint our bedroom. Our last bedroom I loved, it was a grayish-green, very relaxing. It's tempting to get the same thing, but I want to mix it up a bit. So, what color is your bedroom, and do you recommend it? (It'd be great if you had specific brands/colors, but I know that's a bit unrealistic!) :)

BeachBum
10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Mine is "tidewater" by Sherwin Williams.
The color is kind of a pale sky blue. I like it because it goes with a lot of stuff. I've done just white with it, I've done chocolate brown, I've done kind of beach theme, and right now it is mixed with this bedding
http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=501435504&N=1000913+2010216&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3FN%3D100 0913%2B2010216&R=02730754
because the blue is kind of a background color.

bubbaray
10-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Our master is Benjamine Moore Airway (ETA kinda a periwinkle blue), and the ensuite is Stratford Blue (with terracotta tiles), both from the Classic Colors collection. I :heartbeat: the colors. DH, not so much.

Momof3Labs
10-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Ours is almost a soft peanut buttery brown. Love it, and it is easy to change the bedding to suit the seasons (deep reds match nicely, so do greens, blues, etc).

ThreeofUs
10-30-2009, 03:43 PM
We have a nice, restful light wedgewood blue, in Sherwin Williams paint. If you're interested, I can dredge up the name. We have morning sunlight on the trim, and alabaster white on the crown molding and ceiling. Very Williamsburg-y, but it's a wonderful combination and feels great.

codex57
10-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Kelly Moore's Wise Owl. It's a light brown or dark tan color. Very neutral. A little boring I guess, but DW loves it cuz it matches so well with everything.

SnuggleBuggles
10-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Lowe's Laura Ashley Ironwood. It's a nice, darker neutral. There is a lot of built in wood in the room (closets, dresser) and then ivory trim. Lots of windows otherwise it could be a bit too dark.

Beth

pb&j
10-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Builder's Beige. But someday, it will be Bamboo Shoot from Sherwin Williams. We currently have that color in the guest bedroom and I lurrrvvvve it. It's a saturated light green. Our guests always compliment it.

truly scrumptious
10-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Our walls are Benjamin Moore - Limestone (which is a restful beige with hints of green and brown) It works because the trim is Benjamin Moore - Ivy Path (a medium-dark green). We experimented with a darker trim, which really brings out the green shade in the walls (otherwise you'd swear Limestone was a light brown/beige). We love it!
Here is a pic from when we'd just finished painting it. (We now have green and brown bedding to match better.)

MontrealMum
10-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Bicycle Yellow by CIL? or Behr? It's very sunny and bright because of the color and also because it faces SE. The ceiling and moldings are white. DH thought I was nuts but he loves it now. I picked it to match the stained glass (yellow/green) and the wingback chairs which are in there (navy with a flower pattern). We have double hung curtains - a white sheer and a navy, which helps filter out the bright morning sun. It feels very Swedish :) I like the bright color because it offsets other parts of the house which have dark wainscotting.

KpbS
10-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Ours is almost a soft peanut buttery brown. Love it, and it is easy to change the bedding to suit the seasons (deep reds match nicely, so do greens, blues, etc).

Very similar sounding but ours is more a cappuccino brown.

lchang25000
10-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Ours is "polar bare" by Kwal paint. It's a very pretty light green. We have expresso-colored bedroom furniture with diff. shades of light green for our accessories/bedding/decor.

brittone2
10-30-2009, 04:25 PM
If you liked the color in your previous home, how about something from Restoration Hardware (Benjamin Moore has a lot of the same colors under different names). I have Sycamore Green in my downstairs and love it. I have silver sage in a bathroom and like that too. My bedroom color I'm kinda meh on...I can't remember if it is from RH or not. It is a medium tannish color but we don't get a ton of light in there and I think something airier would have been better. Our tannish color also gets a bit of green undertone to it at times and that drives me nuts.

I like some of the colors the bloggers in this blog used in their own home and some that they recommend in general (but I'm kinda into lighter, airier colors in recent years so that might not be what you are looking for)
http://www.younghouselove.com/

twindad
10-30-2009, 04:57 PM
We have Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage... it looks good with white trim.

TwinFoxes
10-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Lots of greens and blues, which is what we're leaning toward. Melissa, Airway is very pretty, it's on one of the cards I have. And the limestone is pretty too! Ack! Too many colors. But keep posting please! :)

gatorsmom
10-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Peanut shell by Hirschfield. In some light it looks like a corral-tan. I find it wistful and romantic. :loveeyes: I matched it to my bedspread (Croscill Cotswold which is no longer made, I think). It's 10 years old and I still :heartbeat: it. :)

Indianamom2
10-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Our bedroom is a light blue (no idea what color/brand since we didn't re-paint it). The light blue would be okay, but then there is one "Focal" wall that the former owners painted with a navy blue "Trading Spaces" type technique that didn't go very well. It's on one of the shorter walls (room is a rectangle) and the effect is more like having a denim wall.

I so wish I had repainted that room when we first moved (over 5 years ago). I HATE the denim wall, but I was about 6 months pregnant and already had a nursery to paint and everything to unpack, so I didn't. Little did I know then (pre-kids) that I would never again have that much free-time/energy again!:love-retry:

Christina

SkyrMommy
10-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Laura Ashley Brick #5, a warm darker brick red... love it.

Ceepa
10-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Still looking. We have high ceilings so it would have to be something I really love because there would be a lot of wall space covered in whichever color we choose.

gobadgers
10-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Not our bedroom, but the spare we painted Rejuvenate by Behr (I think? Home Depot). Its a nice therapeutic green. LOVE it.

I'd have done our room that color, but I like our bedding set that is shades of brown, tan, and dusty purple. Our BR is a nice neutral unobtrusive beige from the previous owners, with one wall that is two shades darker.

hellokitty
10-30-2009, 06:07 PM
We picked a dusty lavendar color that has grey undertones and we have gotten compliments. It is relaxing and it looks pretty, while not looking overly girly, if that makes any sense. Definitely looks modern looking.

almostamom
10-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Three of the walls are tan (Cottonwood by RL), while the 4th wall is red (Longjohn by RL, I think). We did it about 7 years ago when we first built this house. I think it gives the room a very cozy feeling.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/churchillsaz/IMG_0019.jpg

Linda

marie
10-30-2009, 07:11 PM
timely thread for me since our master bedroom just has primer so far.

the room DH and I are using as a bedroom right now is the girls' future room - I painted a blue ceiling with white clouds and sun, one wall is BM "Candy Stripe" (pink), one BM "Potpourri" (green), one BM "Lily Lavendar" (purple) and the fourth wall is BM lemon something or other (yellow). :hysterical:

Our extra bedroom (which DH and I used before moving into the girls' room) is BM "Ice Blue" which I like a lot and would consider it for our master if i hadn't already used it there.

i'm loving hearing all of the suggestions!

marie
mama to
DD1 9/03
DD2 12/07

GaPeach_in_Ca
10-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Our walls are red, very red. It's a Ralph Lauren color, I think. The previous owners painted it and we haven't repainted. I like it, but it's kind of dark. This is with the PO's stuff:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p12/SiValleySteph/mb.jpg

TwinFoxes
10-30-2009, 07:44 PM
I have to say, I think both red bedrooms are really cool. Very regal.

Marie, we're going with Lily Lavender for the girls' room, and I've been looking for a green to match! I will check out Potpourri.

KathyN115
10-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Ours is a very light, silvery-grey from Behr. I like it because it coordinates well with a lot of different bedding, and I get bored quickly. We also don't get a lot of light in the room, so the lighter color helps keep it bright.

Tondi G
10-30-2009, 08:56 PM
silver sage ... the color from Restoration hardware. Took the chip into home depot and they matched it! Some days I like it other days I wish we had gone with something more green. Some days or in different light it looks blue, green or gray. Don't know if I would paint my bedroom the same color again. we have a lot of tans/browns on our walls. It is very neutral.

jent
10-30-2009, 09:46 PM
"Hint of Gold" from Ace hardware (whatever their paint brand is). A warm beige, looks so nice when the sun comes in in the morning. So glad I painted over the previous owner's half-khaki, half-hunter green walls.

awoodm
10-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Ours is "Meditative" by Sherwin Williams. I love it! I love, love, love it! It is so calming and peaceful, everytime I walk in the room. Keep things clean, bright and airy.

crl
10-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Our last bedroom was guilford green (Benj. Moore). I liked it, but I think I would have liked it more in a room that got more light. Our current one is left over from previous--don't care much for it. But I did paint the spare bedroom here Quiet Moment (Benj. Moore) and I really like it. It's a very pale blue-green color--restful as the name implies.

Catherine

doberbrat
10-31-2009, 06:24 AM
ours was SUPPOSED to look like almost a mom's but dh decided to get creative and sponge-paint it ... and chose the wrong color so it turned out PINK. instead of the side walls being white like I wanted, they're pink and the back wall is a red-pink. dd loves it at least....

AshleyAnn
10-31-2009, 06:35 AM
Mine is 'rental white' you know the standard off-white that apartment dwellers are forced to accept. Our apartment allows you to repaint but you have to prime and repaint it white before you move out and its just not worth it to me.

SammyeGail
10-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Our builder used all dark base colors in our house, a nice touch to use a few different colors, but the dark base makes the rooms look smaller and the feel is cramped.

I have done part of our bathroom and will do the other part and bedroom in Shermin Williams in Harmonic Tan. I did the den last spring and really like it. I bought 2 gallons, thinking thats what I would need, but one did the den and the first part of the bathroom.

I don't know the name of the color it is now, its a deep dark khaki with an olive tint, pretty, but just too dark for the space and only 2 windows one one wall.

The builder painted the den and main living area (small foryer, up the stairs, hallway to eat-in kitchen area and kitchen) SW Mannered Gold. The neighbors teased us about our gold house, I didn't like it at first, but it really grew on me! I did repaint an eggshell over the flat..is it called a texture?

As I mentioned, I repainted the den to break it up, its a seperate room with a big entrance, my dining room and 1/2 bath. You can only take so much of Mannered Gold, LOL!

I do like the Harmonic Tan, I think its a great background color :). When we sell I think I'll repaint it over the gold.

We've been here slightly over 2.5 years, I really have no idea where I found the time to paint with twins....thank goodness for Mothers Day Out.

Samantha

MelissaTC
10-31-2009, 12:58 PM

We have something similar. We painted our bedroom SW bagel and then painted our connecting bathroom SW totally tan. I have gone several ways with bedding including a muted, darker version of Martha Stewart blue that is just gorgeous against the warm walls. I absolutely love our bedroom walls. They are just warm and cozy.

LexyLou
10-31-2009, 01:04 PM
The wall where the bed is is chocolate sparkle by Behr and the other walls are a light tan. I love the chocolate but it turned out with a little more yellow undertones than I would prefer. I'm not about to repaint it because it's a huge wall and I can't even stomach the thought of repainting it and it's still nice, but I'd like to eventually paint it a more cool brown.

maestramommy
10-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Mine is Malted Milk by Behr. That said, I wish I had gone with a sage and cream color. I find that combo so cool and soothing.

MontrealMum
10-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Mine is Malted Milk by Behr. That said, I wish I had gone with a sage and cream color. I find that combo so cool and soothing.

Melinda, do you find it to be pinkish at all? That's the color DH repainted our kitchen, and I was shocked to see how pink it looked. I really thought it would be a nice cafe au lait. But I'm wondering if it's our honey-colored cabinets that make it seem more pinkish.

daniele_ut
10-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Our bedroom is Restoration Hardware Shore, and we are about to paint the attached office RH Atmosphere Blue. I originally wanted to paint our room Atmosphere Blue, but I let dh convince me to paint it darker and I have to admit that I really love it. We have 5 large windows so we have a lot of natural light in there.

This is from when we first moved in and I hadn't hung anything on the walls. The bedding complemented the first color that I had picked and Linen's and Things went out of business right after I bought it, so I couldn't return it. It will be changing shortly!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/daniele_ut/Murray%20house/DSC02371.jpg

Our guest bedroom is painted Benjamin Moore Shaker Beige. Actually the whole basement is painted that color!

LarsMal
10-31-2009, 10:45 PM
This is our previous master. We took the RH chips to Home Depot and had them color match with more affordable Behr paint!

I can't remember which color the accent wall is- blue sage? The bathroom was that color, too. The rest of the walls are RH cappucino.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/CJLM/DSC_8296.jpg

fauve01
11-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Ours is Benjamin Moore "Vale Mist." it's a really soothing pale green, with hints of blue in it.

Corie
11-01-2009, 02:05 AM
Our bedroom is painted in "High Tea" by Sherwin Williams. It's a dark
neutral. I love it. (But I LOVE a dark bedroom. I want to sleep in total
darkness.)

infomama
11-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Our bedroom is Leisure Blue (SW). We have two sections to our bedroom (main bedroom connected to a dressing area with a sink and long counter) and the smaller section is one shade lighter blue then the main bedroom area. Our bathroom is a nice warm tan. I love our bedroom.