PDA

View Full Version : What are you buying for older boys?

Sugar Magnolia
10-30-2009, 04:00 PM
My ds1 will almost be 9 at Christmas. I have no idea what to get him. He has a DS, Wii, and we have a XBOX. So games for those, but what else? I am feeling very frustrated at the lack of inspiration I am having for gift buying.

What are you buying for the older boys in your life?

lovin2shop
10-30-2009, 04:41 PM
My just turned 7 year old wants the 3000 piece Lego Starwars Death Star that costs $400. I'm trying to convince him that Santa can't possibly make him that many legos in time for Christmas!

SnuggleBuggles
10-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Camera, talking globe, keyboard, video games, brain teasers, Legos and books- those are all of the possibilities. We'll probably buy 1 or 2 and give the rest as ideas to family.

Beth

Melbel
10-30-2009, 05:11 PM
DS (almost 10) really wants an ipod touch. I have already purchased a few Wii games for Christmas and/or his upcoming birthday.

fivi2
10-30-2009, 07:47 PM
My nephews are about that age. I do board games, video games, books, gift cards. One will do models (airplanes or cars) and origami. Magic kits used to be a hit. One got into chess around that age. hth.

Tondi G
10-30-2009, 09:29 PM
My 8.5 yr old is getting a couple of DS/Xbox 360/Wii games. We might get him the nerf blaster that works with the Wii.

He has some Legos on his wish list (not sure if we need any more Legos right now though)

He loves Club Penguin still and asked for some igloo playset and a couple of CP books.

SKINZ for his DS (he saw some club penguin one)

Scrabble Slam

He needs a case for his new camera he got for his birthday (a late present from his grandma and aunty)

Books

Momof3Labs
10-30-2009, 09:50 PM
My just turned 7 year old wants the 3000 piece Lego Starwars Death Star that costs $400. I'm trying to convince him that Santa can't possibly make him that many legos in time for Christmas!

*I* want that Death Star, too, and I'm not even that into Legos!

DS1's list consists of legos, books and a few Thinkfun games. I think an iPod would be great for a 9yo. Snaptricity is a lot of fun, and a great learning toy too.

Does he have his own digital camera yet?

kijip
10-31-2009, 07:15 AM
Just tossing out ideas: Books, music cds, science related stuff (magnifying glass, microscope, science kits), sports related things, fishing pole, magazine subscription, short trip or nice outing with mom or dad, music lessons.