PDA

View Full Version : PBK Chamois Sheet knockoffs for twin bed?

SASM
10-30-2009, 10:28 PM
DD is moving to a twin bed. She has been IN LOVE with her PBK Chamois stroller blanket and crib fitted sheet FOREVER. I REALLY want to get her the fitted sheet for her new twin bed but cannot see myself paying that amount, even with the current sale price, which ends tomorrow BWT. I remember that one company made a knock-off PBK Chamois for the crib and changing pad (found at Baby Depot) but haven't been able to find a twin mattress version. Any versions out there that I am just not finding? Any alternative pieces that would give her the same "feel" but more reasonably priced? Obviously, I would love to get her the PBK sheet, duvet cover, and sham but it is, sadly, not in my budget right now.

TIA (I hope).

mom2binsd
10-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Maybe it's worth it?? Just get the chamois fitted for now.

I know I got my twin PBK sheet on sale and got only one, DD loves it and it has held up now for over 3 years of constant washing...I paired it with other sheets on top and her PBK quilt off of ebay...I'm not sure the knockoffs are really any cheaper and I have been soo happy with all my PBK sheets (there furniture is overpriced but I love their bedding!)

SASM
10-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Maybe it's worth it?? Just get the chamois fitted for now.

I know I got my twin PBK sheet on sale and got only one, DD loves it and it has held up now for over 3 years of constant washing...I paired it with other sheets on top and her PBK quilt off of ebay...I'm not sure the knockoffs are really any cheaper and I have been soo happy with all my PBK sheets (there furniture is overpriced but I love their bedding!)

Thank you so much for the response. I thought about it overnight and am actually going to do it. We have a PBK crib sheet and a Karen Little knock off(??) and the quality is so much better on the PBK. I KNOW that DD will use it constantly. My only issue is that if we get her one we'll have to get her little sister roommate one as well, which can get costly. Hopefully DS won't ask for one, too,

happymomma
10-31-2009, 09:17 AM
I buy the sheets when PBK sends out a $25 off $50 or more. It makes it much cheaper. They send out those coupons a lot or you can check on ebay for it. We love ours and I've bought 3 so far for my 2 little ones. It is well worth the price. It's still just as soft after a couple of years. And it's so nice for the winter.

KathyN115
10-31-2009, 09:53 AM
I was in this same place last weekend! I ended up buying the PBK fitted sheet and sham, and using one of our fleece blankets like a top sheet. DD never stays under the covers, and I thought that the soft comfy sheet under her would help keep her warm.

The only other option I saw were microfleece sheets, at either Costco or TJMaxx. They were a lot cheaper, but since we had a chamois crib sheet and really liked it, I just went for it (and the 20% off helped a little). Still more than I would want to spend though!