PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I give, please someone help me.... (pregnancy related)

Jacksmommy2b
10-30-2009, 11:12 PM
This pregnancy has been the complete opposite of my first in pretty much every way. Ever since the god awful morning sickness finally faded around 25 weeks, I have been feeling pretty good.

But lately, every single time I lay down at night I want to be sick. Every time.

Up until now I had been taking all my pills right before bed, so the prenatal didn't make me sick but then I got sick. So then I tried having some bread after pills before bed and I still got sick. And then I tried skipping the prenatal and taking the others more than an hour before bed and I still got sick. Then I tried skipping the prenatal and taking the others with dinner and I still got sick.

I'm not taking anything new, and I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact baby is getting pretty big. Laying on my left side is the worst, the right is a little better and flat on my back is best - but I can't wing that for very long without my hips begging for mercy.

Anyone have any advice? Really, anything at all. I have spent so much or the last 33 weeks sick I really don't think I can handle any more.

Claki
10-30-2009, 11:20 PM
I wonder if it's stomach acid bothering you. Have you tried tucking an original (not the flavored) tums in your cheek and letting it slowly dissolve? I haven't had heart burn but lots of acid reflux and upset stomach.

AshleyAnn
10-30-2009, 11:32 PM
You have acid reflux - I had the same symptoms when mine started but mine started at 18-ish weeks and has gotten worse.

Try taking a 75 mg zantac with a glass of water before bed every night (FYI - you have to have the water for it to work) as it gets worse I'd switch to the bigger pill but the 75 mg worked for me when it was just laying down at night. Also google acid reflux foods and try to limit the number of foods that increase acid and gas in your tummy.

DrSally
10-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Have you tried ginger. My OB said it was fine. I ate candied ginger from TJ's or plain (just ginger) tea. TJ's also has a bottled soda made with a lot of real ginger.

gatorsmom
10-30-2009, 11:43 PM
I think it sounds like stomach acid too. Try the tums, that should help. You might also have your doctor prescribe you something for it if it's preventing you from sleeping. Have you thought about taking your pills in the morning rather than at nighttime? What about eating lighter meals spread out throughout the day? You know, for a while after I had Cha Cha, I had this weird pressure in my stomach. I saw a GI doc several times to figure out what it was. I even had an upper endoscopy done. It turned out to be a sluggish digestive system. I started taking Citrucel (took it through out the twin's pregnancy too, at the ok of my OBGYN) and stool softeners. It cleared up within a week after that. Maybe you could try some stool softeners? Definitely drink more water.

I know all about uncomfortable sleeping positions after that multiples pregnancy. One of my least Uncomfortable positions was on my right side with a small pillow under my stomach, a regular pillow between my legs, a pillow behind my back and one for me to hug with my arms. So, I guess my recommendation is to try some creative pillow-placing. I also have heard of moms who at the end of their pregnancy could only sleep in a recliner. This makes sense because it shift the weight off the major artery running along your spine and back onto your hips and upper legs but still seems like you are sleeping on your back. At the end of my multiples pregnancy, that was the only way I could sleep too- nearly sitting up, with legs Indian-style.

Hope you can get some rest soon.