PDA

View Full Version : Q. to ask at Parent Teacher Conference

niccig
10-30-2009, 11:50 PM
We have a Parent Teacher Conference on Monday with DS's teacher. He's in pre-K at the school where he will stay for elementary. What questions to ask??

Thanks.

KpbS
10-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Well, I would want to know how does DS take direction from the teachers? How does he interact with others? Which activities does he particularly enjoy? Has he had difficulty with anything in the classroom? How will the next 9 weeks be similar to/different from the weeks prior?

SnuggleBuggles
10-31-2009, 12:07 AM
Goals they have for him (behavioral and academic)
how he is doing socially

sste
10-31-2009, 12:13 AM
Maybe "Based on your getting to know DS specifically, both socially and academically, if you had to choose one thing I could do at home to nuture his development this semester what do you think it should be?" I think this may give you an idea how well the teacher has gotten to know your DS as well as provide you with some goal or activity you can integrate into home life. Also, as a teacher albeit of much older students, I find it very refreshing when someone asks me essentially what can I do to help in our shared goal of education.

niccig
10-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks everyone. These are good suggestions. It's our first parent teacher conference, so we don't really know what will happen.