PDA

View Full Version : Cr@p, DS is sick and we went trick or treating..

niccig
10-31-2009, 11:50 PM
DS was excited today about trick or treating, but around dinner time he started to act a little grumpy about eating dinner, and then didn't want DH to take his photo in his costume. I asked if he was OK and he said he wasn't feeling happy. I checked his temp, it was normal. So we went trick or treating at 6.30pm. At around 7.30pm, we were home to hand out candy. At 8.30pm, he asked me if he could go to bed, which is not like him. I check his temperature and it's 102, and he started to cough.

OH no. Fever + cough = flu.

And we just walked around our neighbourhood, played soccer this morning, and had a Halloween Party Friday and Thursday night. We don't normally see so many people in a 3 days, and he was probably contagious. Great timing. Sorry everyone we saw in the last 72 hours.

bubbaray
11-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Don't sweat it -- you couldn't have known....

Hope he's better soon and neither you or your DH get it! :grouphug:

niccig
11-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Don't sweat it -- you couldn't have known....

Hope he's better soon and neither you or your DH get it! :grouphug:

I just went to the drug store and got a lot of medicines, and there I was worried about using up our Health FSA. DH and I are doping ourselves up on Vit. C, emergen, saline rinse of the nose etc. I think it's probably too late for me, as DS was home all day with me yesterday as no school because of parent/teacher conferences.

Globetrotter
11-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Don't panic. It's not necessarily the flu but probably just some virus. No fun nevertheless :(

We've all been in that situation. It's so hard to tell with kids, and I've been really hyper about hand washing this season, to the point that I've chapped my hands and I'm getting cuts on them! (this tends to happen to me, though, because I'm not good about using moisturizer afterwards)

MamaMolly
11-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Mama, cut yourself a break. You checked his temp before going, and I would have made the same call you did. I'd have chalked his funny mood up to too much excitement having worn him out.

A few years ago I took my BFFs son out for ToT because she had to work. I KNEW when a 9 year old wanted to come home after one block that something was up. Checked his temp and sure enough, he was sick. So we swapped candy for tylenol :) You do what you can.

elephantmeg
11-01-2009, 11:20 AM
oops DS woke up with a 100.5 temp too and we were at apple butter making all day (with cousins) and ToTing afterwards. Oh well. He was fine yesterday