PDA

View Full Version : Question if you use chrystal cat litter

JustMe
11-01-2009, 06:24 PM
So, I decided to try chrystal cat litter to reduce the amount of litter that gets tracked on my floors on the recommendation from someone here. I love it in terms of tracking! My floors are doing much better. I have 2 cats, though, and the package estimates a tray should last about 40 days for 2 cats. I am finding it lasts about 9-10 days. I do clean the poop out right away. I wouldn't mind changing it more often, but it is a lot more expensive than other litter. How long do others find chrystal cat litter lasts and how many cats do you have? Any advice?

thanks

vejemom
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I love it, but I don't think it lasts as long as the package says it will. Make sure to really rake through it each day, this seems to help. You might also try one of the no-name brands from Target, etc. I never noticed much difference in quality, but it was cheaper.

JustMe
11-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks, I will try to Target brand...sorry if this is too much info, but my real question is about the pee...it does really start to smell really badly after a week (I have 2 cats). Do people try to scoop the part with pee out, add more, or do you really just change this litter a whole lot more than it says you need to?