PDA

View Full Version : Helping baby adjust to Daylight Savings Time

CharlotteMommy
11-01-2009, 08:06 PM
First time mom here. Any advice? TIA!

KathyN115
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I would just put the baby to bed at the "right" time on the clock today. So, if she usually goes to bed at 8pm, put her to bed at that time tonight, and just keep the normal schedule going. Eventually they will adjust. Of course, DD is 3 and we let her stay up late last night to help with the change, and she was up at 5:30 am, so I might not be the best one to listen to;).

Good luck!

truly scrumptious
11-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh my goodness - I was coming online to start a thread about this!
Poor DS has hard the hardest time today. We've tried to move his meals little by little and for the most part that has worked. But he is also in the middle of transitioning from 2 naps to 1 nap a day, so as a result he totally burned himself out and had to take a nap an hour before his biological bedtime. He was so mad at me for waking him up half an hour later (but I had to otherwise we'd be up at 4 tomorrow!) We gave him a warm bath, unwound listening to low-key lullabies, gave him a comfort bottle, and put him to bed 45 minutes after his biological bedtime (so 15 minutes early according to the clock.) I hope hope HOPE he sleeps okay. Poor baby.
We're taking a trip to HI later this month, and I'm not looking forward to dealing with the time zones, if this is what we go through with just a 1 hour change!
Sorry for the rant. Let me know if you find something that helps! Good luck!

Tinkerbell313
11-01-2009, 10:21 PM
My kids are ages 3 and 5 now...so its no big deal. But, when they were infants...we started adjusting the week or two before. We would change their bedtimes, dinner times, nap times by moving them up or back, by five or ten minutes incrementally (first night was 5 minutes, second night was 10 minutes, third night was 15 minutes, etc), depending on losing or gaining the hour. I realize this doesn't help you now...but maybe in the Spring...you could try adjusting the little one's schedule in advance.