PDA

View Full Version : House Smell

jellibeans
11-01-2009, 09:46 PM
I was at a friend's house recently and her house smelled so good. It got me to thinking about my own house smell. I want my house to smell good! What do you use in your house to make it smell good? Candles? Plug-ins? Linen sprays?

Corie
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
I was very aware of house smells when my DD was selling Girl Scout cookies.

We went to a million houses and most of them smelled funny. My daughter
would comment on it as we were walking down the driveways.

Cheburashka
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Before I got pregnant and food smells made me want to vomit, our place smelled like vanilla. Just a simple plug-in. Any other scent, or anything stronger, gives either SO or me a severe headache. These days, it tends to smell like soap, if anything.

catsnkid
11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Funny house smells are caused by unwashed clothes or old upholstered furniture, pets, smoking, and not cleaning and lots of cooking. My neighbors house has all of the above applied, and honestly, it doesn't bother me.. Her husband just quit smoking so I don't worry about bringing baby over there. Sometimes I get a little sneezy.

Solution- vacuuming, no smoking, cleaning letter boxes, taking out trash, running fan, opening windows, do laundry, wipe down furniture. I've noticed that different homes have different smells, not neccesarily bad.

I like putting open boxes of baking soda in the trash cupboard, also in my closet so the sneakers don't reek..

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
My house always smell good when I have company because I often bake something like muffins before they come.

I prefer to do something like simmer cinnamon on the stove because it doesn't release potentially harmful particles into the air like scented candles, plug-ins, sprays, etc.

Beth