PDA

View Full Version : POD storage units

jgenie
11-01-2009, 10:33 PM
We're thinking about having our basement redone. Rather than trying to fit everything that is down there into our garage we were thinking of renting one of those POD storage units. Has anyone used one of these before? What was your experience? Would we regret putting a TV, stereo equipment, cds, records, books and furniture in one for a few months during the winter in the Northeast? TIA

KHF
11-02-2009, 08:51 AM
If it was me, I probably wouldn't put electronics, etc. in a non-climate controlled environment. I needed to store some things while we sold our house and I ended up renting a storage unit in a climate-controlled warehouse for a couple of months. It was like $75/month, so not too bad. Ours wasn't in the winter, but was in the middle of summer heat and humidity.

Momof3Labs
11-02-2009, 09:18 AM
PODs are soooo convenient!! We used them when we moved and loved them. But I wouldn't put electronics in them, personally.

Kungjo
11-02-2009, 05:12 PM
We rented one when we moved from one state to the next. We also had it stored in a climate controlled facility for a year. Everything was fine.

Would put electronics in there though. Just furniture, books, knick knacks, etc.